Which resort restaurant for last WDW meal (steak)?

ksoehrlein

Once (and Future?) CM
Our plan for our last day at WDW is to split up so DH can play golf and the kids and I can go park hopping commando-style during the day. What resort restaurant would you suggest we meet up in when the day is done?

I'm leaning toward a steak dinner since DH and I are *trying* to eat low-carb. I noticed no one included Concourse Steakhouse as a good place for steak in the other thread, but I thought the ambiance would appeal to my kids (21 months and 4.5 years) while we eat a somewhat grown-up (non-character) meal. Nothing can compare to the monorail for little ones, or can it???

Or do you have any better suggestions? Preferably any that participate in DDE? Please help!

We have eaten at the yachtsman steak house 2 times and both times my filet was out of this world. Good luck

It depends on what's most important to you: a quality meal, expensive, to which you can take the kids, or just a solid meal everyone can enjoy. Yachtsman Steakhouse fits the latter, but Concourse Steakhouse is more "fun," if nowhere near as good. Shula's at the Dolphin is another good choice.

While we thought our meal at YSH was amazing last year, I dont know if Id want to go for that type of meal with my kids along. Thats not to say kids arent welcome there, but for myself, if Im splurging like that, I would prefer to do it without the kids for it to be more enjoyable.

Ive never eaten at Concourse Steakhouse, but I would probably try it out if I were looking for a good steak dinner with the kids in tow.

Another option is the Kona Cafe in the Poly. While they arent a steak house per se, I always get the beef terryaki, DH gets the prime rib and both are great. We always have an enjoyable experience there and the kids like it too.

We love the California Grill and even though your kids are young, there is a lot for them to see "on top of the world". My kids have always loved it. It is pricey, but one of our favs.

The Yachtsman Steakhouse without a doubt!

Any Disney Restaurant is going to be kid friendly, and I think you will enjoy the atmosphere as well as the great quality of the steaks at the Yachtsman. Yes, the kids might enjoy the monorail the 1st couple of times it goes through, but after that, it will be just the same. It is pretty loud at the Concourse, too.

Both the Yachtsman and The Concourse will accept DDE... Shula's will not.

After a day in the parks with the kids by yourself, I would choose somewhere close to where you'll be!

If you are staying in the EPCOT resorts, I'd choose Yachtsman's. MK....California Grill, Kona, Narcoossee's or Concourse. EPCOT....LeCellier. MGM....Brown Derby. AK....Jiko.

I LOVE Shula's in the Dolphin. It doesn't have a ton of atmosphere though (kinda dark and masculine, and definitely nothing to appeal to kids!). If you are open to a child-free dinner, they offer some type of childcare, which I think is even free - sorry, don't have the details though.

BTW - I too like eating at the Concourse Steakhouse (usually for breakfast) just to watch the monorail go by!

I've never personally eaten there, but I've heard Shula's at the Dolphin has the best steak of anyone at WDW.

Ohana's has lots of shrimp, chicken, steak, pork, and you can eat the salad and green beans there. Fun for the kids too !

I don't know anything about the DDE, sorry. But I do know steak. Concourse Steakhouse is pretty good actually, especially the prime rib. It's not "high-end" as far as steak but it is a cool place to dine. I think you're right, your kids will like it.

I've had wonderful steaks at these places: Of course Yachtsman Steakhouse, Blue Zoo, Chefs De France, Le Cellier, Wolfgang Puck, Narcoosee's. Can you tell I like steak? Can't help myself. Haven't tried Shulas yet but I hear it's excellent. Oh, I forgot one--I had an excellent steak at Flying Fish. Worst steak I've ever had at WDW is Spoodles.

PamNC

Sotoalf hit the target with the top steak dining choices:

Yachtsman Steakhouse at the YC
Concourse Steakhouse at the CR
Shula's at the Dolphin

Jiko has amazing steak and atmosphere to die for

We ate at the Concourse Steakhouse while staying at the Contemporary in Oct 2004. I thought it was reasonably priced. I got the prime beef sirloin ( i think) and it was very good. We went in around 9:30 and there were few other tables there. Service was excellent and unintrusive. It was fun to sit and watch the monorail go by. Also, we could see our room door from the restaurant, so we felt comfortable leaving the kids in the room (they were not hungry at the time).

erinch said:
Jiko has amazing steak and atmosphere to die for

Took the words out of my mouth... the best meal we've EVER had at WDW was at JIKO. The filet can be cut with a fork.

Fair warning though...it is served on a bed of the most delicious mac and cheese you've ever tasted! But, hey, you are on vacation, Atkin's when you get home!!!

Have Fun! :flower1:

:earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

Yachtsman...............

We took our 15 month old on our last trip and they were just as interactive with him as any of the other Themed restaurants.....Crayons, drawing stuff.......Great meal.........

:jumping4: :jumping4: :jumping4:

I agree that the Yachtsman Steakhouse, Concourse Steakhouse and Shula's as the top steak dining choices, though having eaten at all three with my kids we prefer the Concourse Steakhouse for the atmosphere. In fact that is the restaurant my son picks to eat at on every trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter