Which Resort was One and Done for You?

We’ve stayed at ASMo, Pop, POFQ, POR, CBR, CSR, AKL, BC, BW and we would not return to ASMo. We were only there one night at the beginning of our trip, but our room was atrocious. Maybe because we were only there for one night? It was scary motel bad.

We didn’t love POFQ either, and actually moved to BC in the middle of our trip, but I would stay there again.

Technically then the Contemporary is the only resort I have stayed in once (on my very first trip) and never seriously considered since. I doubt I will ever stay there again.

But I didn’t even think of it when I first read this thread topic because my mind immediately screamed “Old Key West!” I actually have stayed there more than once because of last minute availability and low points but it is always my very last choice for a DVC stay. I don’t mind big sprawling resorts (POR is one of my favorites) but staying at Old Key West always feels like a chore. We don’t rent a car and I really dislike having the parking spaces so close to the buildings and the big road that runs through so much of the resort - it is the only WDW resort where I feel like I am dodging traffic while walking around.

We've rented points and stayed at multiple DVC resorts: BCV, CCV, BRV, VGF, AKL-Kidani. We've also stayed at WL, POR and BWI. None are a "never again" but some are a "meh, there's better places for us."

We weren't gaga over POR or VGF. Loved the location and food options at VGF, but it felt stuffy and the extra cost wasn't worth it compared to CCV, Kidani or BRV. The bus was a big ugh; at VGF it's boat or monorail for us. Our 5 person room in Alligator was fine at POR but we had a car and drove to HS because the buses were 40 min out for some reason. The POR main pool is way too small for the resort and the pool slide is too small and crowded. That said, we did like the arcade, boat to DS and food court at POR. Would like to try Poly and YC in the future.

We've stayed at all the moderates and many of the Deluxe.
Caribbean Beach (too big) and Coronado Springs were our one and dones.
Since buying into DVC, its not an issue any more.

POR. The theming was boring, and it was just too quiet for us. I wanted to love it. But never again. My daughter was in tears the first night saying it didn't feel like disney. She was right.

AK Kidani. The villa itself was fine, but with 4 of us in a one bedroom, with the sofa sleeper and sleeper chair pulled out, there was literally no space to walk around the living room. The master bathroom was so huge that it was really a waste of space.

What I disliked the most was the isolation (I’ve stayed offsite and been closer to the parks), and the fact that the Mara is far away for a grab and go meal. I’d stay off site before there again. It seemed to take forever to get to any parks (and the busses seemed to come so infrequently).

Caribbean Beach. I found it way to large, and the food choices very limited or unappealing. Didn't help my impression that a CM in the food court was yelling at guests for lining up "wrong". Also didn't help that when I opened the in room fridge, there were roaches. Which is apparently not all that rare, as when I called the front desk they seemed very blase about it. They asked if I had a ground floor room (yes) and said someone would be down to spray.

I know neither of those 2 bad things could happen at any resort, but they happened to me at CBR. I'd much rather stay at CSR or POR or POFQ for a moderate. I like all of those resorts much more.

Pop Century - like walking back to a prison cell block, didn’t care for the food or the feel of the resort

Polynesian - maybe set my expectations to high because I always wanted to stay here but it was a letdown. Especially after staying at Aulani

Coranado Springs - too spread out and didn’t feel like we were at Disney.

Caribbean Beach. I found it way to large, and the food choices very limited or unappealing. Didn't help my impression that a CM in the food court was yelling at guests for lining up "wrong". Also didn't help that when I opened the in room fridge, there were roaches. Which is apparently not all that rare, as when I called the front desk they seemed very blase about it. They asked if I had a ground floor room (yes) and said someone would be down to spray.

I know neither of those 2 bad things could happen at any resort, but they happened to me at CBR. I'd much rather stay at CSR or POR or POFQ for a moderate. I like all of those resorts much more.

Oh my god I have a huge fear of roaches. I would’ve asked for a new room or a new resort. That is terrible!

Boardwalk. The halls go on forever and food is far away. DH would say Kidani for the same reasons, plus the long bus rides to anywhere. (I loved Kidani for the quiet and being able to watch the animals over morning coffee or afternoon cocktails, but everyone's mileage varies!) Our home resorts are VGF, SSR and BC.

I’m in the Pacific NW but love WL! I think in many WDW resorts location is a make or break stay.
POR is one of our favs, we request mansion section in Magnolia or Acadian, both buildings are central locations. I love the beautiful landscape, river paths, carriages going by, and evening entertainment. Maybe if you have a better room location you’d feel differently.
I am originally from the Pacific Northwest before moving to California and I also love Wilderness Lodge. We love it so much that we got married there! POR is also a favorite. We love the grounds too!

POR. The theming was boring, and it was just too quiet for us. I wanted to love it. But never again. My daughter was in tears the first night saying it didn't feel like disney. She was right.
I wasn’t fond of POR either. I was stuck in a room in the Alligator Bayou as far away from the food court and main pool as possible. Plus, all the twisty turny paths made me crazy. I would like to give POR another chance in the Mansions, but I wouldn’t want to stay in AB again.

The Polynesian. Sure, the main lobby is nice to visit. But the long walk over to the DVC long houses, and then walking through the sliding glass doors to zero lobby and long boring hallways without any sort of interior themeing, those building might as well have been a Holiday Inn.

I wasn’t fond of POR either. I was stuck in a room in the Alligator Bayou as far away from the food court and main pool as possible. Plus, all the twisty turny paths made me crazy. I would like to give POR another chance in the Mansions, but I wouldn’t want to stay in AB again.
Also in AB. I agree felt like we walked forever. We were so far away no one would walk with me to the main building for refills. And I never saw people around. Which made me uncomfortable walking alone.

The Polynesian. Sure, the main lobby is nice to visit. But the long walk over to the DVC long houses, and then walking through the sliding glass doors to zero lobby and long boring hallways without any sort of interior themeing, those building might as well have been a Holiday Inn.

How long did it take to get to/from your room? I was thinking about renting DVC points at the Polynesian but I was surprised to see some negative reviews on here

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter