which resorts have rooms that can sleep 5 + 1 infant?

collegejunkie

DIS Veteran
i have a friend currently booked in a poly studio, but they may want to move. what other resorts have one room that would accommodate everyone? DVC resorts are fine! looking at deluxe or DVC

ETA: most comfortably. i realize quite a few have this. but what about comfortable bedding for the extra person?

Last edited:
Most of the deluxes that will sleep 5 adults have a real bed for the 5th person, and not just a pull down like at the moderates that have a 5th sleeping surface. Just read the descriptions carefully, and make sure when you search that you include that infant, because not every room has space to allow for an infant to sleep.

i have a friend currently booked in a poly studio, but they may want to move. what other resorts have one room that would accommodate everyone? DVC resorts are fine! looking at deluxe or DVC

ETA: most comfortably. i realize quite a few have this. but what about comfortable bedding for the extra person?

I'm not familiar with DVC, but for regular rooms, the GF, Poly, CR, BC, YC, & BWI will accommodate 5 + 1 in 1 regular room. The GF/Poly/CR rooms all come with a daybed and are quite a bit larger than BC/YC/BWI. I think all BWI rooms have a daybed, but not all rooms at BC/YC have one. Parties of 5 are given preference for those rooms, but it's not guaranteed; however, a roll away will be provided if a room with a daybed is not available. In addition, WL and BWI have deluxe CL rooms that accommodate 6.

I'm not familiar with DVC, but for regular rooms, the GF, Poly, CR, BC, YC, & BWI will accommodate 5 + 1 in 1 regular room. The GF/Poly/CR rooms all come with a daybed and are quite a bit larger than BC/YC/BWI. I think all BWI rooms have a daybed, but not all rooms at BC/YC have one. Parties of 5 are given preference for those rooms, but it's not guaranteed; however, a roll away will be provided if a room with a daybed is not available. In addition, WL and BWI have deluxe CL rooms that accommodate 6.

Yes, to all of this. If they want more comfortable bedding than a DVC studio would provide, mickeynut1 has listed the best options in the deluxe category. If they want more comfortable bedding in DVC, they would need to look at 2-bedroom villas, IMHO.

If they have any interest at looking at mods and values, they could check out Ft. W cabins and AoA suites (I won't suggest smaller mod rooms that accommodate 5+1 because they won't be comfortable, IMHO), however, the deluxe resorts will be more comfortable than what the mods and values have to offer for a group that size.

If you want comfort for 5, then you need a dedicated 2-bedroom DVC villa or a 2-bedroom villa at OKW. That would give you one king bed and two queen beds. That would give you "real" beds that will sleep 6 with sharing. IMO, 5 adults in any DVC studio is just too darn crowded. Aside from dealing with only one bathroom, you'll find that the studios that sleep 5 people have very little storage space. Trying to squeeze a pack n play in is just asking for trouble.

We’ve stayed in standard rooms at Polynesian several times and once at Grand Floridian with 6 of us (2 adults, 4 kids with one of the kids being under 3). We spend almost no time in the room at all so it worked fine for us. Our Poly rooms seemed bigger than GF room though. We’ve since had baby #5 though so we have outgrown one room :(

If you want comfort for 5, then you need a dedicated 2-bedroom DVC villa or a 2-bedroom villa at OKW. That would give you one king bed and two queen beds. That would give you "real" beds that will sleep 6 with sharing. IMO, 5 adults in any DVC studio is just too darn crowded. Aside from dealing with only one bathroom, you'll find that the studios that sleep 5 people have very little storage space. Trying to squeeze a pack n play in is just asking for trouble.
Especially since all the studios were originally meant for just four people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter