Which "scooter" company do you like to rent from? And why? Poll.?

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
ºoº Care Medical: www.caremedicalequipment.com
Phone (407) 856-2273
Toll Free U.S and Canada (800) 741-2282

ºoº Colonial Medical
www.colonialmed.com
(800)747-0246

ºoº Walker Mobility:
1-888-726-6837
www.walkermobility.com

ºoº RANDY'S Mobility in Kissimmee 407-892-4777
http://randysmobility.com

ºoº www.scootarama.com

ºoº www.scootaround.com

I am seriously thinking about renting a scooter for one week from one of the mobility rental businesses that are listed in the DIS Frequently Asked Questions. This F.A.Q. thread is located near the top of this board as a sticky.

I've usually rented the Walt Disney World Electric Convenience Vehicle scooters at the parks for $30.00, plus a refundable $10.00 key charge for a total of $40.00 per day.

Some days, the Magic Kingdom has no more E.C.V. scooters to rent because they were all rented out early in the day.

Some days, I would like to visit two parks in one day. If I arrived early at the Magic Kingdom park, I would usually be able to rent an E.C.V. scooter. When I left the Magic Kingdom, they gave me the $10.00 refund when I gave them my key to the scooter. Then they would give me my receipt back to use at another park for the same day only. Later that evening, I would take my E.C.V. scooter receipt to Epcot and watch the December Christmas Tree Lighting, and the Christmas Processional show, and most importantly, watch the Illuminations fireworks show at the Epcot closing.

Sometimes they have rented all of the E.C.V. Scooters out to customers at Epcot for the evening. I can either wait for someone to return one, or try and walk the fairly long distance for me.

Since I know from experience that the E.C.V. scooters are usually all rented out in the evening at Epcot, I may decide not to go at all. I must admit that sometimes I do get lucky, and I am able to rent an E.C.V. scooter late in the day.

Since I can only use the Walt Disney World Electric Convenience Vehicle scooter inside the parks and not outside the park, I am considering using a rental company to rent the scooter for a week. This would allow me to visit Boardwalk, Downtown Disney Market Place, Pleasure Island, and West Side. Or to tour the resorts more extensively.

I sure would like to walk around the Boardwalk lake and take my time to visit the Beach and Yacht Club Resort, and the Dolphin and Swan Resort and the Boardwalk Resort. Or to take the walking trail from the Boardwalk to the MGM Park. Or to walk the trail path from the Old Key West Resort to the Downtown Disney Area. Or to visit the expansive new Saratoga Springs Vacation Club area. Or to visit the Wilderness Campground and experience the nightly campfire, movie and marshmallow cookout.

So, to make a short story long...I have also included a poll of the different mobility scooter rental agency that the DIS moderators have listed in the F.A.Q..

Which company have you used to rent a scooter?

Why do you like this particular scooter rental company?

If you used more than one scooter rental company, which one has a scooter that lasted the longest in a day without losing the charge before getting back to your hotel/resort? I am a little worried about this if I visit more than one park in a day. For example, visiting Animal Kingdom in the morning, going to resort to rest, then visit the Magic Kingdom Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at night which would last until midnight. Or as I said before, maybe visiting two parks in one day. For example, visit MGM during the day and then visiting Epcot at night to see Illuminations and then visiting Downtown Disney for a movie or MarketPlace or Pleasure Island. Now that would be a long day wouldn't it?

If a rental agency is not listed in the poll, could you please, list the name of the mobility scooter rental company? And maybe a website, too? Thank you.

And finally, could you list your special places that you can plug in you scooter at Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM, Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney, and any Walt Disney World Resorts and Dining establishments that you visit.

I am going to start another thread about this and try and combine all the information together in one place.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely, RaySharpton

I have used Walker's since 1999 after a less than great experience with another vendor. Walker's like other vendors, charges your CC the day before your arrival. The ECV is waiting for you at bellservices. This is where you return it on your check out day very convenient. My most recent trip was for 20 days and I think my cost was about $27/day. The info that comes with the scooter tells you the scooter is fully charged and should last all day. I have never needed to charge my ECV at the parks. I charge it in the room every night. I have done 3 parks in one day from 7:30am to Illuminations without a problem. The only time I could foresee a problem is if you forgot to charge it overnight. My ECV is a standard size. I have traveled the footpaths from OKW to DTD, from BWV to MGM and EPCOT. I love having my ECV at DTD. :moped:

Have used both Walker and Care. Both have been good. Just charge in the room at night. I have found places to plug in my electric wheelchair at EPCOT. That is the only place I have needed it.

Nanajo1 said:
I have used Walker's since 1999 after a less than great experience with another vendor. Walker's like other vendors, charges your CC the day before your arrival. The ECV is waiting for you at bellservices. This is where you return it on your check out day very convenient. My most recent trip was for 20 days and I think my cost was about $27/day. The info that comes with the scooter tells you the scooter is fully charged and should last all day. I have never needed to charge my ECV at the parks. I charge it in the room every night. I have done 3 parks in one day from 7:30am to Illuminations without a problem. The only time I could foresee a problem is if you forgot to charge it overnight. My ECV is a standard size. I have traveled the footpaths from OKW to DTD, from BWV to MGM and EPCOT. I love having my ECV at DTD. :moped:

Hello, nanajo1.

Thank you for the great report.

I am happy to hear that you were able to follow the Old Key West Resort trail to Downtown Disney.

Sometimes, when I rent the Walt Disney World Electric Convenience Vehicle, they would run out of power. Of course, WDW, would bring me another ECV.

I was just worried about running out of power at the park, on a bus, or in transit.

Thank you for your response.

Sincerely, Ray

Talking Hands said:
Have used both Walker and Care. Both have been good. Just charge in the room at night. I have found places to plug in my electric wheelchair at EPCOT. That is the only place I have needed it.

Hello, Talking Hands.

Thank you for your response.

I guess that the batteries on the scooters have improved over the years. Must last a lot longer now.

Sincerely, Ray

I have been using Care since 2000 and LOVE them. They have always been amazing to us, at one point they forgot the powercord *shakes head* but showed back up an hour later with it. They deliver to resorts, fit you by height and weight to the scooter that will best fit you. I have never had a problem with any of their scooter's and as long as I plug it in every night have NEVER needed to recharge it in the parks.

We've also used Walker and have been completely satisified with them and their service. The battery has never needed charging at any of the parks, so I can't help you there.

We've used Care to rent a power chair on several occasions. We were very satisfied with their service.

I used Randy's when my mom was with us, and we were extemely happy with them. On time, with a brand new scooter. On time for pick-up too.

Thank you everyone for your replies.

I had a question about those that said that they used "Mobility". Did you mean Walker Mobility or Randys Mobility?

I highly recommend Walker Mobility. They were great!

Thank you everyone for all of your advice. I have sent in requests for five of the scooter rental agencies. When I go to WDW, I'll make notes of where I went and any unusual things that I discovered outside the park as far as transportation on buses, elevators, etc..

I would stay away from a1rentals. They have decent prices and usually do not have to reserve one, which is great if you are like me and can't say in advance whether I'm going or not. BUT the last time, I wound up with a bucking bronco and the guy kept asking me if it would last till the next morning when it was DOA at Animal Kingdom. He finally brought me this crazy looking one that served for that night, and replaced it the next morning. Not good though.

Just wanted to add my two cents. Walkers was wonderful! I agree with all the other posters! You can't go wrong with them. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter