Which Shows on Anthem of the Seas are Kid Friendly?

mjaclyn

Currently in Wonderland
Hi all!
We have decided to take the plunge and try RCL after only having sailed Disney for the past number of years. My kids will be 9 and 12 when we go this fall. I was wondering about the shows on the Anthem of the Seas. Have you brought your kids to any of them? Are they appropriate for kids that are 9 and 12? We’ve taken them to see a few select PG-13 movies (like Star Wars) but mostly we keep everything PG or G rated. I know some of the other ships have Dreamworks shows available but it doesn’t seem like this ship has anything like that. My kids have seen a lot of Broadway shows so I was hoping for Cats or Mamma Mia, but it looks like the show on the Anthem is We Will Rock You. Can anyone tell me if this would be an ok show for kids to see?

Thanks so much!

Haven't see it on the ship but have seen We Will Rock you in my city...and really enjoyed it. It is fun with Queen music. The only part that I would say may not be ok is there is one intimate scene.

Hi all!
We have decided to take the plunge and try RCL after only having sailed Disney for the past number of years. My kids will be 9 and 12 when we go this fall. I was wondering about the shows on the Anthem of the Seas. Have you brought your kids to any of them? Are they appropriate for kids that are 9 and 12? We’ve taken them to see a few select PG-13 movies (like Star Wars) but mostly we keep everything PG or G rated. I know some of the other ships have Dreamworks shows available but it doesn’t seem like this ship has anything like that. My kids have seen a lot of Broadway shows so I was hoping for Cats or Mamma Mia, but it looks like the show on the Anthem is We Will Rock You. Can anyone tell me if this would be an ok show for kids to see?

Thanks so much!
I have sailed on Anthem twice and have seen their main shows twice. We Will Rock You is a full Broadway musical without intermission (runs about 2 hours). As noted above, it has a hokey story strung together with Queen songs. If you like Queen you will love the show.
Spectra's cabaret is held in 270 and features acrobats dropping from the ceiling. There is no plot, and the main character is a bit flamboyant. The show runs about 45 minutes.
The Gift is an original musical in the theater, about 45 minutes. Nice music, nice songs, nice sets, but the story seems to go over everyone's head.
Denise

I strongly disliked all three shows. Most of my family skipped The Gift and Spectra but we all (17 of us) saw We will Rock You and disliked it. On the post cruise survey I gave all three shows zeros.

I strongly disliked all three shows. Most of my family skipped The Gift and Spectra but we all (17 of us) saw We will Rock You and disliked it. On the post cruise survey I gave all three shows zeros.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine. I have a music background and loved We Will Rock You because of the music. Spectra's Cabaret is visually stunning, but there is no story. The Gift was well done, but I didn't really care for it.
Denise

Me too - I hated them all!!

We only saw We Will Rock You and I agree the storyline is a little hokey but the sinning was great. My kids are Queen fans by any means but both loved the show - they like all the DCL shows and other musicals as well. There was some language nut nothing terrible. One scene where they are kissing on the couch and it is implied about what happens afterward and one scene with some innuendo on the motorcycle - both of which my kids (8 and 10) did not mention or really notice.

I think we are sailing on Anthem again in November. I think I will just skip all the shows this time.

We are also on the Anthem in November (11/3). I think I will give the shows a try, at least the Queen themed and acrobatics.

Have a great cruise.

We are still trying to decide if we are doing Oasis or Anthem. Right now we are booked on Oasis 11/25 but if the price drops on the Anthem 11/17 we will probably switch

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter