which value resort do you prefer

cricket429

Mouseketeer
Just looking for opinions here. We will probably be staying at a Disney Value resort and would like opinions from people that have stayed at different ones.

Also, what about off site hotels? The more I look into it, it doesnt seem worth it to stay off site but would be interested in hearing from anyone that has

Thank you.

Even though I just joined today, I just want to say how helpful and nice everyone has been.

We have stayed in All Star Sports and loved it!!! It was great! I think all of the All Star Resorts are basically the same layout, just different themes. We've walked to the other two, and Movies looks really neat. We've been to AS Sports twice, and it is very fun! Has a Disney feel! Enjoy!

Hi there and welcome to the DIS! You will be amazed at the wealth of good information you will learn here. I've only been a member myself for a short time, but I am addicted and have learned an enormus amount!! We stayed at the ASMovies our last trip. We really enjoyed it. Then again, we are a "basics" family....a bed and a shower is all we need. I would like to try the other values, especially the Pop Century...since it's new and has a variety of things there (there is a part of it not finished however, and some have said this ruins the view). I would start with whatever theme your family is interested in. Music or Sports. If neither really "fits" your family (as ours), go with the Movies...everyone has seen at least one of the themed buildings there. I know if you search around, you can find photos of the different resorts. I would recommend staying on-site.....we personally don't feel it's worth to stay off-site. Driving, lines, parking (& parking fee)....all a hassle. Just hop on the bus and before you know it, you're at the entrance! Be sure to try www.allearsnet.com too....there is a TON of info there! Good luck and most of all....have fun! :bounce:

Resort photos ASMo - http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/asmvss.htm

The Values are great - each has its own personality. You can't beat the cost and you're on the Disney property!

While there are many wonderful hotels in the area, you'll be much happier in a Disney resort ::yes:: (Even if you're doing other parks and attractions, you'll still get to come "home" every night!)

Laura

I have stayed at all the value resorts and I would have to say that I like Pop Century the best. I like the theming a little better on this one and the room seems a little more up to date than the others. It is also the newest resort, other than Saratoga Springs, on property. Because of the way that the All Stars Resorts are set up with their locations and the transportation, a lot of times at the All stars the buses were already full because they stop at all the Values until the buses fill up. Hope this helps. I also liked the food choices at Everything Pop Food court Better than the allstars.
Kim

I love Pop Century, too!!!

I have also stayed off-site.

If you main focus is WDW -then try to stay on-site - but any trip to WDW is better than no going.

so if your budget can't afford it - there are some nice hotels along US 192 in Kissimmee.

here is a link from the visitors bureau for that area
www.floridakiss.com

We have stayed at all the Value resorts and Pop Century is my favorite! I thought the service in the food court was way better than any of the All Star resorts and the lobby is laid out better. However, we enjoy the Movies, Music and Sports too. We normally take whichever resort we are able to book an AP rate. We'll be at Music for Thanksgiving. They are a great value and we have always had a great trip staying here!

Originally posted by Miniefan
..... a lot of times at the All stars the buses were already full because they stop at all the Values until the buses fill up.
When we went in Aug. and stayed at ASMo, sometimes we stopped at the other resorts and sometimes not. I wonder if they have to stop until: a)the bus is full or b)they run out of places to stop.....any thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter