Which WDW DVC resort with a 3 yo and baby?

mamarama

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip to WDW for a week starting April 28th of next year. It will be me, DH, 3 yo DS, new baby who will be about 5 months old, and my mother. I put in a reservation request with David's Vacation Club for a 2 br villa at BLT because of proximity to MK and monorail, but now I'm having second guesses. We are living on the east coast for a year before we move back to the PNW, so this may be our only WDW trip for a while. We will probably be visiting DL regularly in the future because we have family close by. I was planning on spending 2 days at MK and 1 at each of the other parks, but should we consider staying somewhere else and spending more time at other parks, since MK is the same as DL? We want to be in a convenient location so that we can return to the resort for naps and swimming. Now I'm wondering if we should get a villa at BCV instead. The pool looks awesome (my son LOVES to swim) and maybe we should focus more on Epcot and HS? I don't like the look of the rooms, but the BLT rooms aren't terribly exciting either.

Where would you stay with a 3 yo and a baby? If you were us would you spend less time in MK than you otherwise would with a little kid, because we may not be back to the other parks ever/for a long time, and stay at BCV? Or should we still plan on spending a lot of time there because it's the best for a preschooler, and stay at BLT? Other DVC resorts that I'm overlooking that you think we would love? We plan on using Disney transportation, we will not be renting a car. Ease of transportation is important but I know that there isn't one resort that's super convenient to everything. Also, dining. We wanted to do Chef Mickey's but there are plenty of character meals in the parks we could do, and Beaches and Cream sounds really good...

The other problem is that while the villa we want is available at BLT right now, David's can't make the res because they don't have any members with enough points. The only 2 br they could reserve now is at SSR. So, if you recommend a resort, how likely is it to be available 7 months out for an April 28th reservation?

I've been reading all the posts on this board and it's REALLY making me want to buy into DVC! Maybe some day...

Epcot and Hollywood are only a boat ride away. The pool at BCV would be great for a 3 yr. old and April should be nice. Mom can watch the kid and you have some great dining option nearby. And with some night life over at the Boardwalk for you and your husband. Have a Great time..

The problem with EPCOT and DHS, there are not a ton of attractions for them until they reach the magical 40-42"... And then they can start going on TT, Soarin, Star Wars...
But EPCOT has the Seas (usually kids love the fish) and don't miss Figment and especially the interactive areas after the ride, and KidCot..

So make sure you map out what attractions before committing to the multiple days.

We were at WDW last September with our DS, DDiL and grandsons 3 yrs. and 9 mos. We stayed at Kidani and it was perfect for us. The pool and splash area is ideal for little ones and DGS loved watching the animals. We also loved the quiet, relaxing environment. I know that you were more interested in staying close to MK and Epcot, but I thought that I would mention our experience. We will definitely go back there.

your 3 yr old and baby will be happy no matter where you stay.

so would go for less expensive - OKW, AKV and even BWV if you can get a standard room.

OKW is the only one with 2 queen beds. all the others have one queen bed and a double sleeper sofa.

all Disney resorts have something for little ones to do. OKW, SSR have playgrounds at each pool - although they are generally for an older group.

BWV probably has one of the best playground for little ones.

now the MK and DL are different - DL has more details - but MK is bigger and has more stuff - because it is bigger.

now love BLT it is my favorite resort - but if you are spending alot of time in the parks - don't know if it would be worth for you.

Now that say - strollers and buses can be problem - you have to fold up the strollers before you get on the bus -

the MK will probably be the place you go to the most - just because it has more stuff for little ones to do.

here a link that might help
the kids area is at the bottom
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwplan.htm

We are planning a trip to WDW for a week starting April 28th of next year. It will be me, DH, 3 yo DS, new baby who will be about 5 months old, and my mother. I put in a reservation request with David's Vacation Club for a 2 br villa at BLT because of proximity to MK and monorail, but now I'm having second guesses. We are living on the east coast for a year before we move back to the PNW, so this may be our only WDW trip for a while. We will probably be visiting DL regularly in the future because we have family close by. I was planning on spending 2 days at MK and 1 at each of the other parks, but should we consider staying somewhere else and spending more time at other parks, since MK is the same as DL? We want to be in a convenient location so that we can return to the resort for naps and swimming. Now I'm wondering if we should get a villa at BCV instead. The pool looks awesome (my son LOVES to swim) and maybe we should focus more on Epcot and HS? I don't like the look of the rooms, but the BLT rooms aren't terribly exciting either.

Where would you stay with a 3 yo and a baby? If you were us would you spend less time in MK than you otherwise would with a little kid, because we may not be back to the other parks ever/for a long time, and stay at BCV? Or should we still plan on spending a lot of time there because it's the best for a preschooler, and stay at BLT? Other DVC resorts that I'm overlooking that you think we would love? We plan on using Disney transportation, we will not be renting a car. Ease of transportation is important but I know that there isn't one resort that's super convenient to everything. Also, dining. We wanted to do Chef Mickey's but there are plenty of character meals in the parks we could do, and Beaches and Cream sounds really good...

The other problem is that while the villa we want is available at BLT right now, David's can't make the res because they don't have any members with enough points. The only 2 br they could reserve now is at SSR. So, if you recommend a resort, how likely is it to be available 7 months out for an April 28th reservation?

I've been reading all the posts on this board and it's REALLY making me want to buy into DVC! Maybe some day...

MK or AK are probably the best parks for the little ones, so BLT or AKV would be the best. We stayed at AKV-Kidani and our little ones loved it. However, I know they would have loved anywhere we stayed. With BLT, you could go back to your room mid-day a lot easier (from MK). Your 3 yo might remember "the hotel with animals" more than he remembers anything else. :rotfl: Savannah view is fairly easy to get.

If this helps, last year my niece went with us to WDW. Her older turned 3 while we were there. Her youngest was less than 1. She spent multiple days at MK, and single days at the other parks.

Every afternoon, she went back to the hotel with the boys. She vowed to stay close to MK until they are old enough to enjoy DHS and Epcot.

I would definitely go with CR or BLT. You will have great access to MK and will be a monorail ride away from Epcot. Plus, MK is much better for the little ones.

If you do decide to stay at an Epcot area resort, I would suggest Boardwalk over Beach Club. Others here on the DIS have said that Storm-along-bay can be a bit much for a 3 year old to handle.

Only stay at AKL if your 3 year old is NUTS about animals. However, the lobby is fabulous at AKL. The same thing can be said about WL. If you don't mind a little hassle getting to the parks...WL is very calming and beautiful.

Edit: The value and moderate resorts are set up for families a little better than the Deluxe or DVC resorts because of the FOOD COURTS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter