Which would you choose? and why?

Luv2trav

DIS Veteran
If you had to choice of the following which would you pick and why?

MNSSHP/Food and Wine Festival
MVMCP/Holiday Decorations

We have decided to go next year but can't decide on which we would rather attend. This will probably be the only time we can attend either one before our oldest is in school.

Right now I am leaning towards Halloween because of the warmer weather but I would LOVE to experience WDW at Christmas.

Another vote for Christmas! The parks are beautiful, and so are the resorts!

I would definitely go around Christmas!

We've gone in October the past couple of years & LOVE MNSSHP! (Even better than MVMCP) BUT, if I could get even a couple of days off of work in the month of December, I'd much prefer going during the holidays. It's just SO beautiful! Look at it this way - you'll have a great time no matter what you decide! :D

Everyone tells me that you have to go during the Christmas holiday season at WDW. They also tell me that it is unbelievable how magical the park is during that time of year. So with that said we are going real soooon!!

OH! I can smell the hot chocolate now::yes::

:jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2:

:wave:

I had the same choice as you and I went for Christmas. I've heard so many wonderful things about WDW at Christmas I just had to see it for myself.

Lisa :earsboy:

Well, we went last year during MNSSHP and the F&W festival and had a blast, BUT......we've always wanted to see WDW all decked out for the holidays so we are going this year! Actually, our first choice last year was to go during December, but the Fairytale package came along and we changed our plans to October.
Both times are great though!

:sunny:

Most definately Christmas, it is beautiful during that time of year.

I have been during Christmas, but never during Halloween or F & W. We loved the atmosphere and weather during Christmas. I also found it easier to prepare the family to go to WDW for Christmas than to prepare for our usual Christmas activities at home. It was the most relaxing Christmas day I'd ever had as an adult. I actually have a hard time visualizing what World Showcase is like during F & W. I love WS so much as it is I would hate to think of it as being cluttered and packed with food booths and massive crowds.

Now if you do go between Christmas and New Year, keep in mind that's the busiest week of the year. I wouldn't mind going during F & W because some weeks crowds are down that time of year.

I've done both and I would definitely pick going during the time that Christmas decorations are up (just not during the holiday week itself). The parks, hotels and whole property are really beautifully decked out.

We've gone during Food and Wine a bunch of times (including in 3 days - Yeah) and it just isn't a big deal to us. The various kiosks selling food are so horrendously overpriced that we never buy anything. Other than seeing the special topiaries and picking up some festival souvenirs, F + W isn't a big draw for us. We only go this time because of DD's school schedule (Jersey Week).

If it wasn't for DD being in school, we would definitely go early December.

Well ask me that right now and I'd say MVMCP and Holiday Decorations. I have DREAMED about this trip for a long time now and can't wait.

Ask me after the trip and I'm likely to say MNSSHP and F&WF since I have not done that yet!!! LOL

Honestly though ... I don't think that much will beat Disney during the holidays.

WDWO

I would definately go during the Christmas season. The decorations are beautiful and really put you in the spirit.

MVMCP is the winner hands down for me. We went last year and totally fell in love with it. I liked it so much that we are planning to go back again in 2005 and 2006. Maggie

Thank you for all the feedback. It looks like Christmas it is. We plan on going the week before Christmas... I still want to be home for Christmas but would love to be at WDW until the 23rd or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter