Whispering Canyon Cafe

Albertan mom

<font color=blue>I didn't mean too, innocent mista
We ate here last week on the free Dining plan.

Our server was Diane. She was okay. She picked on my FIL a bit, but she just seemed tired! There was some other funny servers that we were watching though. A man having his 65th birthday had to ride the stick pony around the restaurant singing to himself! They said he didn't sing loud enough, so he had to do it again, around the back 40 (the lobby) he was a good sport.

DH had 4 refills of coke, but they didn't bring him a huge glass, which was too bad, the kids wanted to see that.
DH had nachos, and the burger. He liked it.
The rest of us had skillets. The ribs and chicken were really good. The corn was really good too. The potatoes were good too. It was all good actually! We all had milkshakes too-yummy. I had the cheesecake, it was good. DH had apple pie, kids had worms in dirt and chocolate mousse. Everything was tasty.
We were already here riding the mini-speedboats, so that was convenient. Because I don't know for sure if I would make a special trip over. But probably, because it is good!
Cost would have been $105.53
We give it 4 out of 5
Would we eat here again? Yes, especially if it is free!

Thanks for the review. We go at the end of the month and I think the 7 year old will think it is a great time!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the review!! We ate there the last time and had the skillets too. The kids enjoyed all the fun and games.

I was there last weekend also. I have to agree about the corn, it was excellent. Our ribs were slightly toasted, but overall a great experience.

I am glad to read a good review- we are going for dinner next month. The reviews seem mixed on WCC. When we went last year , our waiter wasn't the best (service was fine but not the interaction) but the atmosphere and other serviers made up for it. I am hoping for a good (not great) experience next month.

I was there last weekend also. I have to agree about the corn, it was excellent. Our ribs were slightly toasted, but overall a great experience.
On our last trip to WCC, after we mentioned that we were going home that night, our server made the comment that we would remember WCC tomorrow if we eat the corn. (as he glanced down at my wife's butt) It lost a little in the translation, but YES! He actually said that. I nearly sprayed coke through my nose laughing. It was directed towards my wife, who about gaged on her food when he said it. We all got a good laugh out of him. I think he could tell that we could take it, and he was especially rude and obnoxious. He was GREAT! I asked for another water with lemon and he brought me a gallon sized mug and a big bowl of lemons.
The food was VERY good. Ive read bad reviews here. id tell any of them to give it another shot. We thoroughly liked it. I believe it was AllEars (dont quote me on that) that said it was their single MUST DO restaurant pick.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

DF and I ate here last month and enjoyed it. It was our first night and we had done a lot of running around in order to change hotels (another story) so we were pretty beat. It was definetly loud but the food was great. We may or may not do this one again....it would depend on if there were other restaurants we wanted to try more. :goodvibes

WWC seems really hit or miss....
I went in June and they threw us in the back (it was just the two of us in our mid 20's)... The waiter was a good waiter...but not really funny. I dont know if they thought we would'nt want take part in the fun because we where a couple....? The food was great... and it was only 1tc...
go there expecting great food... dont give your hopes up on a really funny waiter...

Thanks for the review! :thumbsup2

We have been to WCC many times, & sometimes you get a rowdy server, & sometimes you get a quiet one. If you prefer one type over the other, just let them know at the desk & be prepared to wait.

DS17 celebrated his 17th birthday @ WCC this past January, normally a staid kid, he had a blast! :teeth:

Jean & Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter