White cheese dip????

4disneyfans

Mouseketeer
Anyone know what kind of cheese is in the white cheese dip that the Mexican restaurants serve?? Thanks in advance.....:)

The cheese is probably Queso Blanco. I don't have a recipe personally, but I did find this one floating around the web.

http://www.xenite.org/white_cheese/queso-blanco-recipe.html

THE WONDROUS WHITE CHEESE DIP RECIPE
After years of seeking the right way to make the much-sought-after white cheese dip served by Mexican restaurants throughout Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, and Alabama, someone was kind enough to send me the following recipe:

----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.04

Title: CHILE CON QUESO
Categories: Appetizers, Dips, Cheese, Mexican
Yield: 1 1/4 cups

1 c Asadero cheese; shredded *
4 oz Jalapenos, chopped;
-drained, OR
4 oz Poblanos, deveined &
-julienned
1/4 c Half & half
2 T Onion; finely chopped
2 ts Cumin, ground
1/2 ts Salt

Heat all ingredients over low heat, stirring constantly,
until the cheese is melted. Serve warm with tostaditas.

(If this is made with julienned poblanos, it's called
"queso con rajas de chile").

Hey, folks. As far as I'm concerned, this is the one I was looking for! A few people have told me it didn't work out for them, but I've made this dip many, many times. It works just fine for me. I've collected some ideas for variations and alternatives through the years, and hopefully you'll find something which works for you.

Mild Cheese Dip (for the mild of taste)
Can't handle jalapenos and chilis? Don't have any jalapenos and chilis? That's okay. Just grab a little Mrs. Dash, or any similar mixture of tasty spices. Many people enjoy the dip itself without adding peppers at all, but for those of us who need a little excitement, flavoring can come in many different forms.

Here's another version from recipezaar:

Queso Blanco Mexican White Cheese Dip

A white dipping sauce served in many restaurants with chips or hot flour tortillas for dipping. This is a basic recipe that uses 'Jack' for the TexMex version and Chihuahua and/or Asadero for the more traditional Mexican version.

2 servings 20 min 10 min prep
Change to: servings US Metric

1 cup monterey jack cheese or asadero cheese or chihuahua cheese, shredded fine
4 ounces green chilies
1/4 cup half-and-half
2 tablespoons onions, chopped fine
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 serrano pepper, chopped fine (optional)
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped fine (optional)

Put all ingredients in a double boiler and heat on medium.
Cook until melted and well blended, stirring occasionally.
Serve with fresh tostadas or hot flour tortillas.

they also sell a white velveta type cheese with peppers that is good as a dip. I am usually not a velveta person, but I had this at a party and it was really good.

I had a lovely sort of cheesy mayo as a dip in a Greeek restaurant :goodvibes but I've been unable to find a recipe for it :sad: so if anyone has that I'd love to see it:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter