Who else is on property for July 4?

biochemgirl

DIS Veteran
I've moved resorts about half a dozen times since first cobbling together a trip July 27 to July 5 after having my big birthday trip cancelled in March. It went from multi split stays to all 8 days available at various resorts. We are currently at BWV :)

I'm hoping to view fireworks from a distance on July 4. Any locals have advice? Or any inside information that Disney will do something on property? I think I read somewhere that they have done some fireworks during the closure already.

I will be there and we are at VGF for 3 nights! I am secretly hoping they will be testing fireworks for guests staying in the MK area.

Yes, that is a dream. My friend and I did say we were going to see if we can find if things offsite are happening and will Uber if need be.

If not, we plan on making our own 4th of July fun with people who are there from 6 feet away! Lol

We ARE ! Spouse has always wanted to go for 4th - and since cancelling Aulani for his Bday figured we'd splurge and 'fight the crowds' Ha Ha Ha.. Hoping they have something special for us since we're there before the official opening :)

I will be there and we are at VGF for 3 nights! I am secretly hoping they will be testing fireworks for guests staying in the MK area.

Yes, that is a dream. My friend and I did say we were going to see if we can find if things offsite are happening and will Uber if need be.

If not, we plan on making our own 4th of July fun with people who are there from 6 feet away! Lol

We will also be there for the 4th at VGF in a one bedroom! I am hoping for the same thing, would love some surprise fireworks from a soft opening of the parks or cm event.

I'll be there. Kidani Village. We upgrade to Safari view, figured if they did have restrictions, at least we can sit on the patio and watch the animals. I would be surprised if they didn't do some kind of firework show. Just really looking forward to hanging at the resort.

Even without a room on the 4th I'm hoping Disney does something. All the local area firework shows have been cancelled so our last hope is Disney.

I'm hoping to view fireworks from a distance on July 4. Any locals have advice? Or any inside information that Disney will do something on property? I think I read somewhere that they have done some fireworks during the closure already.
No fireworks at Disney for July 4th. AFAIK, all official July 4th celebrations have been cancelled in the Central FL area.

Any fireworks that have been shot off at Disney during the closure was likely to safely dispose of them.

No fireworks at Disney for July 4th. AFAIK, all official July 4th celebrations have been cancelled in the Central FL area.

Any fireworks that have been shot off at Disney during the closure was likely to safely dispose of them.

Thanks for the update...

We will be at CCV with my adult children. Excited to just have some non-rushed family time at the resort and hope there are enough amenities open to do some stuff. I've been wanting to stop by Trader Sam's. Hopefully with the parks closed we'll be allowed to go park at Poly for a visit?

Excited to find fellow DISers during that time! We should all have secret pins or emblems to find each other. :)

We will be at CCV with my adult children. Excited to just have some non-rushed family time at the resort and hope there are enough amenities open to do some stuff. I've been wanting to stop by Trader Sam's. Hopefully with the parks closed we'll be allowed to go park at Poly for a visit?

Excited to find fellow DISers during that time! We should all have secret pins or emblems to find each other. :)

Yes! How fun!

We are contemplating a quick trip July 3-5. Has anyone heard any rumors about any potential soft-openings during that time?

Also, if MK is closed, it would still be cool if they did a surprise fireworks show (no castle show needed) for those that area staying in the area.

We are contemplating a quick trip July 3-5. Has anyone heard any rumors about any potential soft-openings during that time?

Also, if MK is closed, it would still be cool if they did a surprise fireworks show (no castle show needed) for those that area staying in the area.

No rumors of dates, but it was posted On another forum here that all FT CMs for attractions will be call back during the last 2 weeks of June.

I am speculating we should see them first week of July. I too am holding hope they have a few fireworks left over and decide to let them off for MK area guests as I will be at VGF!

I think as we get closer and have more details, we may just be able to get a DIS 4th of July meet and greet...masks and margaritas!

We may go also!
kids ( 17 and 23) lol, want to go to our happy place, even if its just the resort
totally understand

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter