Who else remembers the Fairway Villas?

Yes! The playground was this beautiful monstrosity called the "Whatchamacallit" with the fireman's pole on the left:
https://www.retrowdw.com/wp-content...r-1980/145831-alb-193_20150601_1067520390.jpg

And check out this detailed blog w/ bonus shots a Darth Vader visiting the Captain's Tower (now the pin store) in 1977!
https://waltdatedworld.com/id22.htm

Anyone remember the robotic arm that air brushed t-shirts?!? Perhaps this thread should be moved elsewhere, I think we've hijacked it enough. :duck:

Ooh, thanks again.

"Whatchamacallit" ...That explains why I didn't know what it was called! Seeing a picture is great - good memories. I don't immediately remember the robotic air brusher, though.

And I'll have a look at your Captain's Tower link.

Perhaps this thread should be moved elsewhere, I think we've hijacked it enough. :duck:

Yes, maybe. Especially if the OP thinks so. :D

I was there the week after Christmas in 1994 (yes I'm old). And I may have played the hole that was right outside our door after the last legit group finished playing.
I stayed at the Fairway Villas in December 1995. The extended family trip had 8 adults and 5 children, ranging from my 86 y/o grandmother to my 5 y/o niece. The kids used sleeping bags. My grandmother chose the hidden bed in the living room (I forget if it was a Murphy or fold out). My two siblings and their spouses shared the bedroom with the two beds and my parents used the loft bedroom. I used the couch.
It was a blast, like an indoor campout.
The favorite ride attraction for everyone, especially the young ones, were the golf carts. One great memory was at around 7 AM, three of the golf carts were taken by the young ones (8-10-12) while the 6 y/o waited patiently. I, as the favorite young uncle, watched over them while the other adults and youngest prepared for the day. A repairman came by on an extended gas-powered cart to replace a light bulb and asked the 6 y/o why she was just standing there. She explained the situation. He went to change the bulb, came back out, sat in the front passenger seat and said to her "I'm waiting!". For 15 minutes she drove that cart faster than any electric cart could go. The older kids were envious. The Disney employee went above and beyond.
The location with the surrounding woods and golf courses to the Village Marketplace, all accessible by golf carts, was perfect and tranquil; an amazing place to stay without noise or crowds.

They place now known as Shades of Green used to be called something else with a 'Golf' related name when we stayed there many years ago. There are Disney golf courses right outside that resort also.
The Walt Disney World Golf Resort. Very peaceful and unpretentious, yet extremely comfortable lodging but really was lacking amenities and convivences. It had a good quality character dinner without children in the mid-1980s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter