Who has given up hope and cancelled?

_Laurie_D

Mouseketeer
I have reservations coming in June 6th and contemplating just cancelling for now. With the news about all these guidelines that will be put into place when and if they do open it seems to take the fun out of the whole experience. I can envision very long waits and a lot of rides not even being open at all. And even if they do open will they open up the waterpark, hotel pools, lazy rivers, etc? Having to wear a mask in the Florida heat is also not too appealing not to mention the security check points will probably be a mess. I'm beginning to feel that I would rather postpone until next year when things hopefully are back to pre coronavirus status rather then deal with this. I am an out of state pass holder and absolutely love Universal. I really hate to cancel but I just don't know at this point. Anyone else with similar thoughts? Are you cancelling your reservations or hoping for the best? Unfortunately I can't visit after the summer months due to kids and school :(

I am due to travel on 30 June and I am hoping for the best. Whatever I do, isn’t going to change whether WDW and UOR open or stay closed, so I am trying not to waste energy fretting about it. What will be will be.

I have reservations coming in June 6th and contemplating just cancelling for now. With the news about all these guidelines that will be put into place when and if they do open it seems to take the fun out of the whole experience. I can envision very long waits and a lot of rides not even being open at all. And even if they do open will they open up the waterpark, hotel pools, lazy rivers, etc? Having to wear a mask in the Florida heat is also not too appealing not to mention the security check points will probably be a mess. I'm beginning to feel that I would rather postpone until next year when things hopefully are back to pre coronavirus status rather then deal with this. I am an out of state pass holder and absolutely love Universal. I really hate to cancel but I just don't know at this point. Anyone else with similar thoughts? Are you cancelling your reservations or hoping for the best? Unfortunately I can't visit after the summer months due to kids and school :(

No one knows.....but early June might be a little optimistic. Especially if you don't like the sound of the changes that will be implemented. These will happen regardless of when the parks open. Our new reality will be far from what we`re used to.

We cancelled our May trip before they did....we knew it was never going to happen.

But we have almost a month in September booked at RPR and two weeks in Nov/Dec planned there too. Will they happen? Well, again no one knows. But, until they are cancelled we are keeping those plans. It`ll be a different experience, but we`ll deal with it.

I don't spend any time worrying about what they do, we can`t change that......if they open or not, will there be too many changes.....all questions like that no one can answer yet. If none of our trips happen, we have next year to look forward to, and that`s the way we have to think, as you could drive yourself crazy thinking of all the what if`s.

I have no answers as to whether or not you should cancel. You may find the decision is made for you one way or the other if they do extend the closures.

Certainly moving it to next year sounds like an better option for you with how you feel about visiting the parks right now.

I hope you make a decision you`re happy with.

We are planned to go August 9th-5 days at RP, than a week at Disney-as Shumigirl put it-so many questions can't be answered yet. I am (like I'm sure everyone else is too), just very anxiously waiting to hear from Disney and Universal what plans and opening dates are going to be happening. I realize those answers might not come for a while, but until then, just keep hoping we can go in Aug.

I had a spring break trip canceled by Universal, but still have July and October trips scheduled. Thinking about adding a quick September trip and one in Nov/December to see the Holiday decorations.

I feel like choosing to cancel your vacation is a very personal decision.

I believe it's safe to assume that when the parks open there is going to be a "new normal" and there will be some level of social distancing/protective measures. If you don't want to visit a park when it's a "lite" version, then rescheduling would make sense. But if you're okay with visiting the parks when there are some changes and things may not be like they were prior to COVID, then don't cancel. But it's up to your preference and how you want to 1. spend your money and 2. enjoy your vacation.

I had a spring break trip canceled by Universal, but still have July and October trips scheduled. Thinking about adding a quick September trip and one in Nov/December to see the Holiday decorations.

Sounds like a plan in the making there Polyonmymind. We May get to see you to say hello in either trip if our dates align.......:thumbsup2

I had given up hope on my May trip and cancelled it April 1. Next trip is October, and I am somewhat concerned about it even happening. I also bought a ticket to OI meetup the first weekend in Dec, so we'll see...

We hadn't even booked our planned November trip yet and are already thinking it isn't going to happen. It was supposed to be DH and I and my parents, but they would have to fly in from NY and I don't see two 70 year olds flying anywhere for a long time. And unless I know that the experience is going to be equal to past visits, I can't spend money on something that may have closed rides and attractions.

Last time we went in early November (2017) we didn't book that trip until the beginning of September so there is no harm in waiting for now.

We had our May 20-31 trip cancelled and moved it to July 29-August 4, not as many days though. Have both meetups booked for December. Realistically, I think our July trip will be cancelled too. I purchased AP passes for May at least those don't expire until a year after our first visit using them. It's just a waiting game at this point. I won't cancel until we have to do so either because the parks are still closed or I think the restrictions will affect our fun.

So one thing to keep an eye on.

I saw an interview with the Governor of Florida.
He said he is working on this, but you have to self quarantine for two weeks if you went to Florida today.
He seemed to hint at it may be adjusted by state.

This changed my plans of going in June for a long weekend IF it was open

So one thing to keep an eye on.

I saw an interview with the Governor of Florida.
He said he is working on this, but you have to self quarantine for two weeks if you went to Florida today.

This changed my plans of going in June for a long weekend IF it was open

That can/does throw a monkey wrench into some plans. The state line interstate check points only deter those from some of the Northeastern states and Louisiana. It will be interesting to see how long those restrictions will last.

I'm wondering how they would enforce this. (Not that I'm looking for a loophole - I'm just genuinely curious.)

After seeing the guidelines that came out yesterday I'm cautiously optimistic. Our July trip may or may not happen; we may not feel comfortable going. We may decide to wear masks in the park; we might decide it's just too hot and the kids would fidget with them too much. It may be that, as an out-of-state passholder, I'm not allowed in. It's a fluid situation that I have no control over. As much as I want to go I'm taking a day-by-day approach to everything.

I'm wondering how they would enforce this. (Not that I'm looking for a loophole - I'm just genuinely curious.)

After seeing the guidelines that came out yesterday I'm cautiously optimistic. Our July trip may or may not happen; we may not feel comfortable going. We may decide to wear masks in the park; we might decide it's just too hot and the kids would fidget with them too much. It may be that, as an out-of-state passholder, I'm not allowed in. It's a fluid situation that I have no control over. As much as I want to go I'm taking a day-by-day approach to everything.
I know when my friend came back from China they told him to self quarantine for two weeks - and it is up to the person to follow the rules.
Similar for a friend going to Hawaii and another going home to Australia.
I think Australia had fines if you were caught out,not sure here.

If you are staying at one of the hotels they may keep an eye on you.

May depend on the state as well - I know one of the bloggers went home to CA from FL and had to self quarantine - but was able to go the the shops and stock up first. Not sure how effective that is in the end.

I have seen others in other states have to order food online for delivery so its all day be day as you say

Most importantly I think you want to be aware of this possibility in your planning

I think it will be better by fall but should be vastly improved by December. Our Stay at Home order expires tomorrow night so I'm curious to see if its extended.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!