Who has given up hope and cancelled?

So one thing to keep an eye on.

I saw an interview with the Governor of Florida.
He said he is working on this, but you have to self quarantine for two weeks if you went to Florida today.
He seemed to hint at it may be adjusted by state.

This changed my plans of going in June for a long weekend IF it was open
Quick update on his - looks like the two weeks is for the tri state area.
It was also Louisiana at one point.
So make sure you look into the specifics of your state.

I'm still hopeful for early August. I just added a night and booked transfers with Tony today. We felt that the additional night will allow more relaxation and downtime if they are open and there are restrictions - giving us more play with time on vacation if that makes sense. Otherwise it will be a longer trip next year. :-) I'm in the travel business and all I can do is hope. I think the only reason why we won't travel is if our home state is still under a stay at home order, which makes us quarantine for 2 weeks upon returning.

We had a late May/early June trip that we cancelled before they did and rescheduled for August, but honestly I'm ready to wait until next year. Even if they are open, for me it boils down to what experience will we have?

Just going to the parks isn't enough (for me) I like to at least feel like I'm not dying from heat stroke while in the parks and I'm nervous that won't happen in August. Plus there's Volcano Bay. Many of our local pools aren't opening at all this summer, will VB be open? If it's not, that's a hard stop for us.

I'm leaving everything in place right now purely because I like having it there, but I doubt we're going to go until next year.

I have a mid-June reservation I was planning on taking my 12 year old granddaughter who is a huge Harry Potter fan. I don't think that the parks will be back open by then and if they are thinking of only have 1 park open that pretty much takes away the Harry Potter experience. I haven't canceled yet. But I guess I really should

Don’t cancel, the parks are gauging when to open by how many cancelations they are getting. Let them call you. I had trip scheduled for May and they called me late April and switched my tickets out for June, but also offered me a full refund. They will call you; I had to call Disney directly.

I think that if you got a trip in May definitely cancel. June is still up in the air. It really also depends on the county really. The state is not very far into reopening. And who know what will happen

We never go to water parks, so for our July trip, we planned to hit all the water parks. Volcano Bay, Disney, Aquatica, LEGOLAND... ugh. Just makes me sick thinking that it keeps looking like it won’t happen. I won’t cancel until the last minute, though. Hoping common sense prevails.

Good morning. Has anyone with a June reservation gotten canceled by Universal Themselves?

Not yet but Disney just cancelled all their reservations from June 1st-June 7th so it looks like Universal will most likely follow. I went ahead and just cancelled my early June for Universal and rebooked for late July. I’m hoping the guidelines will ease by then.

Not yet but Disney just cancelled all their reservations from June 1st-June 7th so it looks like Universal will most likely follow. I went ahead and just cancelled my early June for Universal and rebooked for late July. I’m hoping the guidelines will ease by then.
Sounds like they are doing a week at a time instead of a month (maybe).
Id assume we will hear something this week about the first week of June - its getting pretty close

I’m curious if they will reopen the resorts before the parks.
I hope so, as long as the resort is open we'll be there. We keep saying worse case scenario, we return our park tickets, and have a week of pool time, mini golf and with the money saved by returning our tickets we can do more restaurants and less quick service.

Does anyone have experience with canceling under the new 24hr in advance terms? I’ve paid a deposit but the balance is due very soon for a July trip. If I pay in full, I‘m still supposed to get a refund...right?

Does anyone have experience with canceling under the new 24hr in advance terms? I’ve paid a deposit but the balance is due very soon for a July trip. If I pay in full, I‘m still supposed to get a refund...right?
The parks open to all June 5.
And the hotels will be open soon in June.

If you decide to cancel, you will get your refund back.
If you do prepay the entire amount and cancel, it will be refunded.

I looked at my reservation and it states I need to cancel 5 days out from arrival to get my entire refund back.

I had booked my fall stay, this past winter.
I switched booking from ST to the ap rate yesterday and my new reservation listed 5 days out on refunds.

The parks open to all June 5.
And the hotels will be open soon in June.

If you decide to cancel, you will get your refund back.
If you do prepay the entire amount and cancel, it will be refunded.

I looked at my reservation and it states I need to cancel 5 days out from arrival to get my entire refund back.

I had booked my fall stay, this past winter.
I switched booking from ST to the ap rate yesterday and my new reservation listed 5 days out on refunds.

Thank you. I want to wait it out a bit and see where we stand for our July trip...but I also don‘t want to lose the full balance if we decide to cancel/postpone. This is reassuring.

Hope you enjoy your Fall stay.

Even with the June 5th park opening date we still have decided to cancel our June 26th night at Royal Pacific.

We will go next year (so far over the 4th of July) and are excited that we will get to now experience the JP coaster.

Now just waiting on a reply from guest services to extend our tickets for 1 more year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter