Who here has been a character performer?

Belle_91

A beauty but a funny girl
I am seriously thinking about auditioning this fall as a character at WDW. However, before I audition, I want to know...is it fun?

I imagine being a face character will be AWESOME but I know you have to do fur in order to do face, and that you might be picked to do fur and not face. Anyways, I'm really interested in hearing what people had to say about being in fur? Is the hot, sweaty costume worth it? Do you still get to see the smiles on the kiddies faces?

I would also be interested to learn about face too.

Thankspooh:

Edit: If someone could PM me about my questions I would be most grateful.

I just want to know if it's fun. Even in fur.

Are there any former performers who could share their expirences with me?

Honestly odds are people who can anwser your question aren't going to answer it here to protect the magic. BUT! there is a super awesome thread that has lots of good info on character performers and auditions. I know it is super long but if you read the whole thing you will probably find an answer to every question you could possibly have.

I can say that as a character attendant I think the physical discomfort you might go through would be worth the end result. I can't think of a single performer friend who doesn't think that. Its not always fun, it can be super tiring and physically demanding, but its definitely a special experience.

Edit: I just looked and saw that you have posted there. oops! lol. I'm not sure what else to tell you. Maybe someone will PM you with some opinions.

If someone could PM me about my questions I would be most grateful.

I just want to know if it's fun. Even in fur.

Are there any former performers who could share their expirences with me?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter