Who Is Ready For Some College Football 2019?

Ugh, two weekends in a row with s punch in the gut.

Won today, but multiple injuries. Biggest was Tua getting a dislocated hip. Done for season. Hopefully it wont affect his pro career down the road. Hate it for the kid.

Ouch, that has got to hurt.

Ouch indeed. It's being said he will fully recover from the dislocated hip so he will still have his NFL career. He was likely to enter the NFL Draft after this season anyway so his Bama career is over. Hate it for him. Hope he can get stronger and stay healthy in the pro's. He's a nice young man.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

Good game here in the Egg Bowl at halftime, tied at 14 (Ole Miss vs. Miss State on Thanksgiving night). I had to wait till evening to get to a college football game on the telly. :happytv:

I know ol' tiggerdad prolly wants both teams to lose (he may live in MS but he's not a fan of either IIRC). But since his DW supports Ole Miss, well, happy live - happy wife. :confused3 (yes, I know I said that backwards).

Pluto, I note that your Tulane Green Wave have lost 4 out of the last 5 games and 3 of those were within one score. You should still finish at least 6-6 and go to a bowl game somewhere (maybe in FL).

Bama plays Auburn in the Iron Bowl Saturday (my 41st IB). Always a toss-up especially when the Barn plays at home. We shall see.

Bama Ed

The schedule got a bit tougher and we keep forgetting to appear in the first quarter. If we beat SMU, who’s currently ranked 25th, we’ll snap a really long streak of not beating a ranked team. I can’t recall the year off the top of my head, but the last ranked team we beat was Vandy.

The projections have us either in Florida or Birmingham or maybe Frisco,Tx.

We went to the bowl last year in Orlando because it was we easy and an excuse to take the girls to MK for a day.

This year Birmingham is probably easiest for us, though you mentioned earlier you didn’t like that one. I’m guessing it’s due to the stadium? But it’s the shortest drive and on Jan 2.

And the reason my BP goes up on stupid unsportsman like penaltys! I know it's a big game and you want to celebrate but you probably just cost your team either a tie with a chance to win in overtime or a chance to win with a 2 point conversion.

The schedule got a bit tougher and we keep forgetting to appear in the first quarter. If we beat SMU, who’s currently ranked 25th, we’ll snap a really long streak of not beating a ranked team. I can’t recall the year off the top of my head, but the last ranked team we beat was Vandy.

The projections have us either in Florida or Birmingham or maybe Frisco,Tx.

We went to the bowl last year in Orlando because it was we easy and an excuse to take the girls to MK for a day.

This year Birmingham is probably easiest for us, though you mentioned earlier you didn’t like that one. I’m guessing it’s due to the stadium? But it’s the shortest drive and on Jan 2.
I usually go to the Birmingham Bowl. A friend of mine is an Auburn fan. We like to go back to Legion Field and remember the good ole days of the Iron Bowl there.

We got the Armed Forces bowl in Ft Worth vs. USM.

I’m happy to be playing them again. Wish we would schedule them more regularly anyway.

I’m happy to be playing them again. Wish we would schedule them more regularly anyway.

Sure I see your point, Pluto. Tulane and USM (our own tiggerdad's alma mater IIRC) are so close together you think they would get a regional rivalry going. Texas will be nice though - lots to do out there in the MetroPlex (DS#2 of mine lives out in Irving).

Bama has Michigan in the Citrus in Orlando on NYD. Our poster PaHunter is a Big Blue fan IIRC so we can have a little friendly convo in the lead-up to the game. tiggerdad is a born Bama fan and I believe SouthAlabama5er (our own Randy) is a Bama fan too. Then factor in the Pluto-tiggerdad schools angle too? It's a Small (Small) World :dance3: on the DIS Camping board, isn't it? ::yes::

And how 'bout the Lane Train coming to Oxford MS? Yet ANOTHER Saban assistant coach getting a head coach gig in the SEC.

And happy for Jalen at OU and LSU (who looked good versus GA). I'll have my popcorn ready for bowl season.

Bama Ed

PS - I'll be camping in St Augustine over New Years week when most of the good bowl games will be on. May have to get a new TV for the camper at the day-after-Christmas sales. :rolleyes: :happytv:

Last edited:

I'm a grad of USM. Small city of Hattiesburg, MS. About an hour south of me. If it wasn't so far I'm sure I could score alumni tickets cheap.

Yes, this should be some good bowl matchups. 3 of the 4 teams playing in playoff are using transfer quarterbacks. Funny how things play out.

For my Bama college football fan friends,

I often use this GIF to show my Bama fan support:

It turns out the young man with the "shaker skirt" is graduating and won't be around next year.

Shaker Guy is Graduating <click for more info>

He is looking for a successor.... :rolleyes:

IMG_9405-900x675.jpg

I am considering tossing my name in the hat to wear the "shaker kilt" (as I prefer to call it).

My NCAA records show I still have 4 years of eligibility left. :teacher:

DW says I need to keep my shirt on and not scare small children on the telly which would be an FCC violation. :sad2: :happytv:

But hey they need someone to carry the torch. :upsidedow "I'm available Coach: send me IN!"

Bama Ed :cheer2:

Last edited:
Some good bowl games starting today (finally). 🏈

I did catch La Tech and Miami in the bowl game last night in Shreveport. The U has sunk so far down. There are high school stadiums in Texas that are bigger and nicer than the Independence Bowl stadium. And to get shut out by a local team (La Tech's campus is about an hour from Shreveport). :sad2: Sad to think Miami could have hired Mario Cristobal (current HC at Oregon, former Bama assistant, and former Florida International University HC)....

Bama Ed

Some good bowl games starting today (finally). 🏈

I did catch La Tech and Miami in the bowl game last night in Shreveport. The U has sunk so far down. There are high school stadiums in Texas that are bigger and nicer than the Independence Bowl stadium. And to get shut out by a local team (La Tech's campus is about an hour from Shreveport). :sad2: Sad to think Miami could have hired Mario Cristobal (current HC at Oregon, former Bama assistant, and former Florida International University HC)....

Bama Ed

Hey, go easy on Thug U. I mean, they got that turnover chain thing...which suspiciously looks like the Bama turnover belt...

We had some tense moments last Sunday night hoping for the Seahawks to beat the 49ers to give the Saints a bye. I was struggling to figure out how to attend a bowl game in Ft Worth at 10:30am and an NFL playoff game in the Superdome at 7pm.

Thankfully, the Saints got a Sunday game this weekend and bailed me out if that problem.

Took younger DD to Tulane yesterday to send the team to the bowl game with a second line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!