Who isn't have problems with MDE?

We have a trip in November. For about 48 hours all of my tickets were missing but everything else stayed. Since my tickets reappeared I haven't had issues with MDE. I've been able to modify FP+, my reservations show, etc. I'm very thankful I didn't lose my tickets when I had to make FP+. I made them about a week before the system went crazy and thank goodness I didn't lose any FP+.

I'm hoping they fix MDE before my trip in November. I don't want any issues once I arrive.

DH and I have APs, I have reservations at Ft Wilderness in November with both names listed. Several ADR with both names. His account is listing everything - no problems. My account still will not display any reservations.

We have a trip in mid-October and, knock on wood, we have had no MDE issues so far. No cancelled ADRs, no missing ADRs or FPs. I do get the error page when I try to revise online check-in, but I do think it has successfully gone through because I get the confirmation email each time. I also receive notice that my Magic Bands have shipped today and a can view the notice and tracking in MDE.

My app isn't even working right now but when I go online everything is there and working fine.

I had no issues with booking at my 180 day and 60 day windows. (November 8-17 trip) I have seen broken Olaf and gotten the technical difficulty message a few times while looking around to tweak things, but luckily nothing seemed to interfere with my windows. I counted myself as lucky because it was not working well for so many others during my fp window. All of my adr's and fp's and people are listed and accounted for too.

We are having issues with Online Check-in and ordering new Magic Bands. We are Annual Passholders with multi magic bands in our account. Using Chromebook and the website, I have not been able to order new Magic Bands for weeks. I have been in contact with IT who admitted our account has an issue but doesn't seem to be able to resolve the problem. Instead, the IT CM sent an email to escalate the issue and manually enter our Magic Band order for our upcoming trips. I have three reservations coming up in the next few months and MDE indicates no magic bands have been ordered. Our online check-in status indicates we declined the magic bands which is not the case. I am beginning to believe Disney is purposely restricting the ability to order new Magic Bands for guests who have multiple Magic Bands as a cost saving action.

No issues so far on app or PC. I keep expecting this to change.

I successfully used MDE from 9/8/18 to 9/15/18.

I was able to access it for Mobile Ordering and extra FPs easily. Refresh FP is awesome BTW. I used it to unlock my hotel room door the first day (our Magic Bands would not open the door the first day). DH had to go to Guest Services to get our bands reset. I used the MDE map to get around the parks. I used it a couple of times to see Bus times. I used it to see wait times and show times.

I have a Samsung S8 phone.

The only problems I've been having is that not all of my photos have shown up. However, the online request for missing photos has been working so far. I have requested many photos and am still going through my phone and MDE to make sure I have all of them. From the first 2 days of my trip, I'm missing several M&Gs. From the middle of my trip, I'm missing several ride photos. And I am missing no photos from my last two days of my trip. They have recovered my first day of photos so far.

Christmas trip coming up. I still have cancelled ADR's showing up in the app and online, as well as ADR's not even showing up. I will be going through the "help" email this weekend. When we called into Dining...the reservations we want are showing in their system (so i guess I have that going for me..hah) Just a pain. Will be getting tickets soon to book FP's....hope this works.

Maybe they over invested in the Play App. Just sayin'.

I have not been able to open the app on my phone it won't even load. I use my laptop for everything. earlier this week my sons and husbands tickets were not showing up, I chatted with Disney and the fixed the issue no problem since, I save all my ADR to a Disney folder in my email just in case some thing happens. I have pictures of my FP's just in case they disappear.

I truly do not want to rub it into those who are. I get how bad it is. Honestly, I do.
I've had my share of times where I'm in those shoes.
But, fact is, not everyone is having issues. Are there commonalities between those who are and those who aren't?
This is one of the times where I'm having no problems at all. I'm not the only one here, am I?
No odd things showing up, no strange occurrences when booking rooms, FP, or anything. All my MB are working just fine.
Why?
Here's a few facts that may be different. If you are in the not having problems group do you have any of these things in common?
I had to have my MDE account rebuilt a few months ago. They stripped it of all old data, and only ported over current items. Fixed a fair number of issues my account had, like an inability to change any reservations.
I'm working with AP, not tickets. (Could this be why I don't have problems with FP)?
I have 2 tickets on my account for when I take DGD next summer but not using them for anything. (these were bought from PS, about 6 months ago)
I do have 3 resort stays booked for early Oct (split stay) and another stay booked for December.
I have FP booked
EMM at HS
Halloween Party Tickets
Anyway, anyone who wants to add in info feel free. I doubt we can learn much but I'm just simply baffled and puzzled over this. There's got to be a reason behind these accounts having problems and the ones that aren't. Or maybe not

I'm not having a problem. Hope it stays this way.
I have nothing "special" - not an APer, etc.
My booked stay is there. My ADR is there. My FP's are there.

We'll be in the park next week for 6 days. So far, both the app and the website has been good. I was able to book ADRs a long time ago on the website and they quickly showed up on the app. I booked my FPs on the website mainly and a few on the app without a problem. I had one day where one ADR didn't show up on the app but it's there now. Never had it not show all my bookings (room, etc) and tickets (both park and MNSSHP). I have to say, however, that the website has significant problems at times. One thing I have found is that I need to make sure when I want to use the site that I have to log out of any cached session it may have and then log in again. This is across browsers and if I don't do so then I just get page loading errors.
I will certainly keep a close eye on it next week when we are there to see what issues it may have. I have all my reservations saved off to my OneNote in case of issues so I can show screenshots.

We have a trip in late November. We have a random dining res showing up on night 1 of the trip and then other dining reservations we made have swapped days!! We are still seeing the trip res and all tickets however.

MDE is just a shell or a portal that loosely transacts with the different computer systems. I've had many issues with MDE itself. Just logging in is a challenge. But more serious of a problem is you can never really be 100% sure what you see in MDE is correct in the ADR or reservation systems. Did you make changes to your online check-in? No one will see those, but MDE will let you change it all day long.

MDE is just a shell or a portal that loosely transacts with the different computer systems. I've had many issues with MDE itself. Just logging in is a challenge. But more serious of a problem is you can never really be 100% sure what you see in MDE is correct in the ADR or reservation systems. Did you make changes to your online check-in? No one will see those, but MDE will let you change it all day long.

I agree. I always call Disney to make sure all my plans remain in tact, no matter what I see on the screen, before I depart to WDW, I will call and make sure WDW and I are on the same page!

The only issue I’m having is cancelled dining reservations showing up. That’s not a huge deal...if I get hit with no-show fees, I’m sure I can get those waived.

I had that too happen on my stay last week. I went to concierge and they confirmed that they were cancelled even through they were showing on MDE. They kept showing on MDE past the reservation time and they never charged me.

Good luck!

I'm very curious if all these issues are due to true system upgrades (and lack of good testing) or from straight up programmer negligence. The former means they need better management and planning, the latter... well... that's what you get with cheap labor.

I had that too happen on my stay last week. I went to concierge and they confirmed that they were cancelled even through they were showing on MDE. They kept showing on MDE past the reservation time and they never charged me.

Good luck!

That’s encouraging to hear. I mean, I figured worst case scenario, I could get the charge waived after the fact if I did end up getting charged. Small potatoes compared to what others are dealing with.

Thanks for your response!

So far so good, but we don't have the app because our phones are too old for it. We use the website exclusively and though we have gotten Olaf a couple of times while trying to review things or make FPs, fortunately a reload of the page usually brings everything back as it should be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!