Who might be planning to go “opening day?”

If it opens July 1, we won't be there, but we already have flights reserved for July 2. So, maybe not opening day, but close to it.
Didn’t post it before but I won’t make the opening if it ends up being between June 26 - July 5 as I have a WDW trip planned for those dates as long as they are open.

I would love to go for the reopening, but it all depends on how much lead time is given in the announcement. Not sure I could pull the trip together if it's similar to the 6 days notice given for the Shanghai reopening.

I would love to go for the reopening, but it all depends on how much lead time is given in the announcement. Not sure I could pull the trip together if it's similar to the 6 days notice given for the Shanghai reopening.

That's what I think may be my barrier as well. I don't really want to buy flights/hotel/tickets until I know for sure because honestly my mental capacity to continuously change those things is zip right now.

I have zero idea honestly.

My heart says yes. My brain says "are you insane?!".

But because I normally drive anyways (6-8 hours) and my career is on hold for who knows how long (live theatre), I don't have to worry about flights (only hotel) and can go with little notice. I'm even willing to do a drive down and nap in my car at a rest stop to do a one day run.

I'll base my decision based on how they open and what the science says. Right now I'm going to hope it's possible for me to go, but preparing that I may not be able to.

That's what I think may be my barrier as well. I don't really want to buy flights/hotel/tickets until I know for sure because honestly my mental capacity to continuously change those things is zip right now.
Yeah and I'm wondering if the hotels across the street will have enough notice to open. I need an ECV rental too, so that'll be an extra expense if my usual company isn't open yet.

Yeah and I'm wondering if the hotels across the street will have enough notice to open. I need an ECV rental too, so that'll be an extra expense if my usual company isn't open yet.

I’m wondering if the hotels across the street will even make it through this..... obviously the Marriott hotels will be fine, I’m think more along the lines of Park Vue Inn etc.

I’m wondering if the hotels across the street will even make it through this..... obviously the Marriott hotels will be fine, I’m think more along the lines of Park Vue Inn etc.
Sadly, I have booked multiple reservations for my August and December trips for this very reason. I don't know which ones will still be running by then. It makes me sad, because I have met some really great staff at those hotels.

Sadly, I have booked multiple reservations for my August and December trips for this very reason. I don't know which ones will still be running by then. It makes me sad, because I have met some really great staff at those hotels.

I’m really really worried about the Park Vue Inn. That’s our go to motel when we don’t want to pay a gazillion dollars to stay on property. So many smaller motels and jobs.... ugh.

I’m really really worried about the Park Vue Inn. That’s our go to motel when we don’t want to pay a gazillion dollars to stay on property. So many smaller motels and jobs.... ugh.
I hope I get the chance to stay there! It's so highly recommended and I'm trying different place each trip. The Tropicana was my first motel stay and the service was so good there that it made me want to try them all out.

Maybe not opening day. But I'll wait and see what happens and let the kinks get worked out before going.
I have zero idea honestly.

My heart says yes. My brain says "are you insane?!".

But because I normally drive anyways (6-8 hours) and my career is on hold for who knows how long (live theatre), I don't have to worry about flights (only hotel) and can go with little notice. I'm even willing to do a drive down and nap in my car at a rest stop to do a one day run.

I'll base my decision based on how they open and what the science says. Right now I'm going to hope it's possible for me to go, but preparing that I may not be able to.
Agree with both of the above. My heart says, "Go!" My head says, " Health risks???" We'll have to wait and see...

I had hoped it would be open June 1. That's when we had hotel reservations and 5 day tickets. If it would've opened June 1, I'd have no problem going. I've planned this trip for the last 8 months and I see no need to cancel...except that it won't be open that day. But to answer the post: yes, I would.

My heart says yes. My mind says no way!

I would love to go, but my #1 Disney buddy is my Mom and she is 80+ years old, so not a good idea at all to take her. And I can't go and not take her. She would be so sad. I am thinking it will be quite awhile before we go. At this point, I am most likely cancelling my WDW trip for September to be safe. And am not planning for Disneyland to be open for my VGC reservation in July for Disneyland's 65th birthday.

I would love to, but it will honestly depend on when they reopen and what policies are going to look like. I live less than 2 hours away by car, so it would be an easy trip, but I'm also a teacher, so if school resumes in some form before they open, that will be trickier.

I won't go on opening day on purpose, but if opening day happens to be on July 19 or on September 5, my entire party will wake up at whatever time we need to on reservation day to get a slot to be there on that day. Eg. I wouldn't want to go because it is opening day, but I won't not go on opening day if it lands on one of my scheduled trips, we are going to take those if it is open.

I'm not comfortable with the idea. My husband was teasing me about it, but I want to see what an open park looks like before I decide to go. If it opens with limited capacity, I will be sorely tempted, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!