Who on earth would stop in Bay Lake Tower?!

Staying in a 2brm at BLT in 20 days. Can't wait. The last time DH and I stayed in a studio and really liked the easy location. The one thing we didn't care for was that you could actually look across to see other people in their rooms. Saw a man in his underwear so we left our curtains closed when we were in the room. We were on the highest floor (DH has fear of height) so didn't use the balcony much. Have requested room in middle Floors 5-7.
Oh I would request the lowest floor possible. I don't know if I would ever be able to stay at BLT because I will have a hard time on the elevator after the 5th or 6th floor. I would possibly be sleeping in their lobby if they were to put me up top. LoL.

Staying in a 2brm at BLT in 20 days. Can't wait. The last time DH and I stayed in a studio and really liked the easy location. The one thing we didn't care for was that you could actually look across to see other people in their rooms. Saw a man in his underwear so we left our curtains closed when we were in the room. We were on the highest floor (DH has fear of height) so didn't use the balcony much. Have requested room in middle Floors 5-7.
Hope you enjoy the pool parties every afternoon.

OMG, "unbearable and unbelievable for 2 adults. It’s comparable to a prison cell, very drab"
what a drama
images

We are planning a really low key 2 couples vaca with lots of pool time, F&W, Midnight Magic at HS, DVC fishing Tournament for the guys, O'hana and whatever else we feel like. We love going with the kids and grandkids (just there with them in July) but this vaca is much more R&R!

Hope you enjoy the pool parties every afternoon.

The afternoon pool parties typically annoy me, but on our last BLT stay we got a ground floor room facing inside the "C" (right in front of the bocce court) and LOVED it. Most peaceful part of the day was our daily midday nap/recharge time where I would sit on the patio with my ipad and chill. Very serene.

Our last trip we stayed in a BLT studio lake view. We were just there for three nights as we are APH and went really to do MNSSHP. We liked the close proximity to MK and being able to walk into Contemporary anytime. Sure the rooms are not huge, but we loved getting a partial MK view. We could watch the fireworks and boat parade from our balcony. Also, TOTWL is great. We ate at Contempo Cafe for three meals. Very underrated and great for a short stay. We do love CCV and I would have done a studio there in a heartbeat, but not available.

I only stayed there couple times in the studio and couple in 1BR/2BR. Yes it is small but being able to walk on your balcony and watch the action in the parks i really nice. Its only building high enough, Polly and Grand Floridian don't have the height. Yes the room is small and drab compared to other resorts. Like they say its location, location, location.

Its top on my list when I look, I shoot for the B resorts (Beach, Boardwalk, BLT).

I agree it is one of the better floors to stay on to avoid taking the elevator. Also someone told me room number to get in lake view where you can also see the parks. I forget but I can search for it.

I own at BRV and BWV; in April I stayed at BLT and loved it! I really cant think of anything to complain about. I had a standard view studio on the 5th floor. I would definitely stay there again. Tomorrow I leave for BRV, the last time I stayed there was right before they started construction, I am excited to see the changes! I have stayed at all the DVC resorts except OKW, I guess my least favorite would be SS, although the only thing I didn't like about SS was the outside entrances to the rooms. I travel alone and for some reason feel more comfortable with inside entrances.

Just returned from a Food & Wine weekend, it was brutally hot! Saw 2 individuals in distress, one in MK on my walk back to BLT, transported by ambulance, the other at F&W, just fainted right behind me, heat stroke! Had #7107-Pros, clean, roomy, close to the front entrance. Cons, 1st floor, view of the bocce court. Kept the blinds closed the entire time, wouldn’t want to scare the kiddies. Never stepped a toe out on the patio, though I did see a baby grey & white kitty w/ a lizard in its mouth through the slider. And again, online check-in was a complete failure. Arrived at 1:15pm, no text, no e-mail, went to the parks, went to DS to eat, came back at 11:30 pm, no clue where the room was, never notified. MS says, but we sent you a text at 1:10, Right phone number, nothing ever came through! She says I don’t know what happened, I said with all due respect, it happens more often than not! Great stay, great Food,Wine, Beer and water, water, water, heat-brutal! BLT pool was a soup bowl, maybe had they made it a bit deeper... it would be cooler!

I cannot speak of the studios, but the 2 bedrooms are amazing and we liked it much better than the beach club. I like the business of watching the monorail, seeing the fireworks, the walk across the breezeway, the pool overlooking the lake. We have only stayed there and BCV and I LIKE the "hotel" feeling of it. I am a hotel kind of person, not a beach villa kind of person.

Just returned from a Food & Wine weekend, it was brutally hot! Saw 2 individuals in distress, one in MK on my walk back to BLT, transported by ambulance, the other at F&W, just fainted right behind me, heat stroke! Had #7107-Pros, clean, roomy, close to the front entrance. Cons, 1st floor, view of the bocce court. Kept the blinds closed the entire time, wouldn’t want to scare the kiddies. Never stepped a toe out on the patio, though I did see a baby grey & white kitty w/ a lizard in its mouth through the slider. And again, online check-in was a complete failure. Arrived at 1:15pm, no text, no e-mail, went to the parks, went to DS to eat, came back at 11:30 pm, no clue where the room was, never notified. MS says, but we sent you a text at 1:10, Right phone number, nothing ever came through! She says I don’t know what happened, I said with all due respect, it happens more often than not! Great stay, great Food,Wine, Beer and water, water, water, heat-brutal! BLT pool was a soup bowl, maybe had they made it a bit deeper... it would be cooler!

LOL We LOVED that room...first floor right in front of the bocce court. Loved sitting on the patio while reading my ipad.

Ok after seeing this I have a very stupid question, I have a waitlist for Bay Lake standard view studio(new member), will the room have a window? I understand no balcony probably, but when I heard it described as a prison cell, I thought maybe it has no windows??

I've stayed at the 2 BR and have to say it was fabulous! Very spacious, comfortable and the view was phenomenal - saw the fireworks every night :) Haven't stayed in the Studio, but would like to just see it :)

Ok after seeing this I have a very stupid question, I have a waitlist for Bay Lake standard view studio(new member), will the room have a window? I understand no balcony probably, but when I heard it described as a prison cell, I thought maybe it has no windows??

The studios have windows. And, contrary to the "prison" description, they don't have bars on them. I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I am under the impression that every BLT studio room has a balcony, except for the ground floor units which have a patio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter