Who on earth would stop in Bay Lake Tower?!

Ok after seeing this I have a very stupid question, I have a waitlist for Bay Lake standard view studio(new member), will the room have a window? I understand no balcony probably, but when I heard it described as a prison cell, I thought maybe it has no windows??
You will have floor to ceiling windows and a balcony. All dvc rooms have balconies. The room described as a prison cell is pure hyperbole.

Ok after seeing this I have a very stupid question, I have a waitlist for Bay Lake standard view studio(new member), will the room have a window? I understand no balcony probably, but when I heard it described as a prison cell, I thought maybe it has no windows??

It's just a dramatic description - yes, of course windows and you'll have a balcony if you're on 2nd floor or higher or a patio to sit out on. I've only toured a prison cell (like Alcatraz) but I think any prisoner would be most pleased to have a BLT studio vs the cell. :rolleyes1

You will have floor to ceiling windows and a balcony. All dvc rooms have balconies. The room described as a prison cell is pure hyperbole.
Except for one studio at Boulder Ridge Villas. Not sure of the number but many people know about it. It is tucked into a corner and there wasn't any space to put the balcony.

BLT owner & have stayed in a 1BD villa at BLT. Loved the proximity to MK, loved the 2nd full bathroom, loved TOTWL & California Grill, but the one thing we couldn't handle was the swamp water from the tap. We brought a Brita to try to filter it out, it failed. I've been told it takes at least 3 passes thru the Brita but that is TOO much for us. I think we're very particular about water being from HI where most tap water is drinkable. That's the huge factor that prevents us from staying at our 'home' resort. We haven't encountered the same tap water issues at other DVC resorts we've stayed in: BWV & AKL.

BLT owner & have stayed in a 1BD villa at BLT. Loved the proximity to MK, loved the 2nd full bathroom, loved TOTWL & California Grill, but the one thing we couldn't handle was the swamp water from the tap. We brought a Brita to try to filter it out, it failed. I've been told it takes at least 3 passes thru the Brita but that is TOO much for us. I think we're very particular about water being from HI where most tap water is drinkable. That's the huge factor that prevents us from staying at our 'home' resort. We haven't encountered the same tap water issues at other DVC resorts we've stayed in: BWV & AKL.

That's odd. ALL the tap water in WDW (and Florida in general) is like that in our experience. Our Brita filter pitcher has always taken care of it (on 1 "pass").

That's odd. ALL the tap water in WDW (and Florida in general) is like that in our experience. Our Brita filter pitcher has always taken care of it (on 1 "pass").
Not all the tap water in Florida. Our tap water is pretty good. Except right now they are doing a chlorine burn and it tastes a lot like pool water. Luckily the chlorine burn will be over in a few days.

We own at BLT and love it there. We bought in though to stay primarily in a one-bedroom for the extra space and extra full bathroom. We did stay once or twice in a studio and it was fine....more like a standard hotel room. Although the decor is not something I would want at home, there are Disney touches that I like. Does it feel like a hotel...yes it does but I'm on vacation and don't mind that but to me they all (at least all the DVC rooms I've been in....SSR, AKV, GFV, BCV) feel like hotel rooms to me, really nice hotel rooms, maybe because my stuff isn't there. None feel like prison cells.

I love being able to walk to MK.

bay-lake-tower-studio-villa-disney-vacation-club-wdw-257.jpg

Wish my hospital room looked like this when I had my hysterectomy last year LOL.

So being a DVC member we have stopped in most properties. This year we have come to WDW for a month (chose properties we haven’t stayed at before as we love GFV) and stayed at WLV (1 bed extremely nice), Polynesian Studio (nice room but customer service non existent and Grand ceremonial House constantly busy, Ohana causes chaos and ruined the atmosphere). We then moved to BLT for 11 nights in a studio. Now I don’t buy the whole ‘it’s just a room where you sleep’, if you are DVC you are invested in Disney and the room/villa makes a huge part of your vacation. The studio at BLT is shocking, yes I did my research and checked size etc, but this room is unbearable and unbelievable for 2 adults. It’s comparable to a prison cell, very drab and basic, and how a fifth floor room is apparently a theme park view is a joke. For a comparable amount of points WLV eats it alive and I would choose BWV any day over it. We moved out straight away, a shocking waste of points. I just don’t know who would waste points there. It is not comparable to the Contemporary Resort, that is stunning and the rooms are beautiful. Any thoughts?!
Stayed at BLT once but loved the room. 7th floor 1BR

Considering what I have heard, this latest room picture shows me the place is not too bad. I do think a higher floor is best for whatever view you have.

Those are outside the C. Inside the C the rooms look different. No chairs at the counter.

Yep, inside C is a much narrower LR. Almost hard to use the pullout and chair bed (if needed) actually. Outside C is very spacious.

Yep, inside C is a much narrower LR. Almost hard to use the pullout and chair bed (if needed) actually. Outside C is very spacious.
So two parties could be staying in the same category - Lake view - and not have the same experience/unit. Well that's eye opening.

So two parties could be staying in the same category - Lake view - and not have the same experience/unit. Well that's eye opening.

The curve of the building creates a different pie shape. The outside "C" Rooms are wider on the window side and more narrow on the hallway door side. The biggest differences are wider living area with room for the chairs at the counter but the washer/dryer is in a closet. The inside "C" rooms are wider on the hallway door side and more narrow on the window side and the most noticeable area is the living area. The laundry is in it's own room though.

The curve of the building creates a different pie shape. The outside "C" Rooms are wider on the window side and more narrow on the hallway door side. The biggest differences are wider living area with room for the chairs at the counter but the washer/dryer is in a closet. The inside "C" rooms are wider on the hallway door side and more narrow on the window side and the most noticeable area is the living area. The laundry is in it's own room though.
Ah makes sense of course. Again after enjoying the large “outside” living area the “inside” photo looked a little small. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter