Who rocks a fanny pack at Disney???

lauris87

Mouseketeer
My current situation is deciding which bag to bring... traditional back pack....lightweight string backpack, one-shoulder sling backpack... or... I am actually leaning toward.... a FANNY PACK! Are these coming back?? I've been googling it, and I think they are??? It's just so practical... All I want to carry is my phone... sunscreen... chapstick... small wallet... that's about it. And, in June, I melt from the humidity, so I hate the backpack sticking to my back.....Anyone have pics with their fanny packs?? I need some reassurance before I buy one :)

I used to ...but it was actually THOSE that made me feel hot. I do better with a lightweight drawstring bag, or no bag (cargo shorts).

I have the last few times we were in Orlando. I actually got mine on clearance from Sea World so will be looking for a different one for our next Disney trip. I love it. My back doesn't hurt at the end of the day and it is a much cooler option than a backpack or purse.

DH and I wear fanny packs. We like to travel light and don't like the thought of a backpack in the heat either. I don't have any pics but ours are black, and we wear them proud.

Fanny pack seems to put everything right in the way when sitting in a ride or whatever. And they always seem so high for me. Last trip I switched to a drop-off bag. It rides my right thigh just about where my hand falls naturally.

I just can't do it! I use a drawstring backpack that I bought in the parks last trip and I love it.

I bought 3 for my husband and 2 of my kids. My other two kids are wearing lanyards. I am carrying a sling bag. If I wasn't the mom, I would totally do a fanny pack! I just have to carry the little girls's water bottles.

If you get rid of the wallet and just throw your id and some cash in, you could do a wristlet and wouldn't have anything making you hotter.

Fanny pack always, holds all I need and you can pull your tee shirt over it if you need to. Usually carry poncho, camera, sun block, money and dry socks. Just right and boy o boy mine has Micky mouse on it.:-)
Same here, mine has Mickey on it too. I find them to be very convenient. Backpacks & sling packs make me feel like I'm always lugging something around whereas fanny packs rest comfortably on hip or behind. You don't even really think about it much because it's attached to you.

I don't usually like to post photos of myself in forums, but you asked to see people "with" their fanny pack, so here you go!
I loved the convenience of having everything I needed in reach, plus being hands free. I wore it a little loose so that it could easily be shifted to the side when going on rides with lap bars. I especially liked that mine had a D ring on the outside, so I could clip items to it with a caribiner. You can see a bottle of hand sanitizer (nice to be able to use it when needed before rooting around in the pack), and my hat, which I didn't like wearing when not needed. Sometimes I wore it under the shirt as pictured, sometimes over.

I'm pooh sized, as you can see, but didn't care about what people might think. I'll most likely never see these people again, plus Disney is chock full of pooh sized people. I saw folks of all sizes wearing all manner of things, including fanny packs. Don't worry about what others might think. Just pick what you think will work best for you! :D
Us Ak2 40.jpg

We were once in WDW with someone from the UK, and she was endlessly amused that we call these things "fanny packs". Apparently "fanny" is a vulgar and taboo word over there.

YES! I LOVE my fanny pack and wouldn't do the parks any other way. :-) No lower-back sweat.... Easy access to the items inside instead of having to partially or completely take off the backpack... Far more secure than a backpack that's out of sight and easily accessible to OTHER people.... It's a win all around. :D

My college age daughter uses a waist pack when we travel. It holds exactly what she needs.

Switched to a cross body bag (vera bradley mickey) a few years ago. I find that it works better for me to have the bag on the side. I guess I carried to much in my fanny pack because after a few hours my back would hurt and I'd have to switch it from the front to the back for some relief.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter