Who rocks a fanny pack at Disney???

I always use one. Even at home its all I carry. I just carry it as a shoulder bag and if I need hands free I can do that way too. I still carry a backpack with raincoats and all the other things we need for the little ones.

I wear something similar to the waistbag which i either wear round my waist or as crossbody bag. In the UK we call it a bumbag not a fanny pack as yes that means something different to us.

Fanny pack wearers, question: Do you find the way the weight is distributed around your belly area makes your back hurt? I'm a pretty loyal backpack person but I am down to make a change. I just have lower back issues so the backpack kind of balances me by pulling my shoulders back, I'm wondering if lower front weight would have the opposite effect? :scratchin

Fanny pack wearers, question: Do you find the way the weight is distributed around your belly area makes your back hurt? I'm a pretty loyal backpack person but I am down to make a change. I just have lower back issues so the backpack kind of balances me by pulling my shoulders back, I'm wondering if lower front weight would have the opposite effect? :scratchin

I wore my waist pack a bit loose, so I could swing it around and wear it on any side. I actually preferred it on my hip. I didn't experience any back pain, but a lot of that would depend on how much gear you have stuffed in your bag.

I don't think I could actually do it, but if I did I'd go all out with out a cute Disney themed one from Etsy!

Until then I'll continue whacking my kids in the head by accident with whatever bag I happen to be carrying that day! LOL

I wear one as well, loosely around my waist so it's easy to move to the side for rides and everything my family needs is usually in there and easy to grab like DH's reading glasses!

Yes, my entire family does. We have a sport version that has spots for water bottles. It isn't pretty, but so practical.

IMG_0007.JPG Hubby with DD, his fanny pack have multiple pockets which helps to keep all organized from cash to phones, backup, car keys, batteries and credit cards, he never take it off for any ride, he can easily slide it on the side for lap bars rides

I love my "lumbar pack", lol! It's fashionable if it comes from a hiking store, right? Seriously, DS and I both wear one. Most of the time it is worn as intended, low across the the hip bones and the pack portion across the sacrum. Placing it properly makes the weight disappear! Mine is expandable and has side pockets for water bottles. I've been known to start the day toting a full bag and 2 liters of water so managing weight is important. I'll see about loading some pictures when I get home. All my pics are on the computer.

I am all about the "fanny pack," or "waist pack," as I call it. I have a traditional looking one and a couple that are more like a purse that I can convert to wear around the waist or hips. I need a small bag with me at the parks and after a day or two wearing a cross body purse, or even a small backpack starts to hurt my neck and shoulders. I move the bag around a lot from front to back and side to side so I never deal with any back pain.

I always wear a fanny pack and I honestly can't understand how people go with more or less. We (my daughter and I) are big Brita water bottle users, so this is perfect as it holds a bottle for each of us. There is room for a small wallet, travel tissues (bad allergies), chapstick, a very mini first aid kit, keys, small camera and dollar store ponchos for us both (as necessary). The pack is similar to this... https://www.walmart.com/ip/Outdoor-Products-H2O-Mojave-Fanny-Pack/36547539

The only place I wear my fanny pack is at WDW. I have a small one from Eddie Bauer that I bought about 7 years ago. I HATE having a strap over my shoulders, be it from a purse, backpack or sling pack. I love the "freedom" that the fanny pack allows. It comes on and off easily and I can simply flip it around to the front if needed. I don't carry a lot...sunscreen, chapstick, small wallet (DVC card, ID, TIW card, and AP) and my phone and portable charger, so I don't need anything huge. I can fit a bottle of water in it if I wanted to, but I have one of those bottle holders on a carabiner so I just clip that to the strap.

I'm from the UK and still laugh at the word fanny pack :D we call them bumbags here! Lots of people wear them for festivals and they appear to be in the shops! I rocked a few diff ones when I was last in wdw. Don't worry about what others think, if you like it and it's going to be convenient and comfortable for you then deffo rock it! :)

I'm planning to rock this sweet little fanny pack for my trip to Disneyland later this month. I won't have to take it off for rides, and it actually fits a good amount of stuff. I despise having heavy bags on my shoulders, whether it's a backpack or a cross-body bag.

I tested the capacity with a kindle, my HTC 1 phone, wallet, sunglasses, and it still had a lot of room. I will probably just have a small wallet, room key, chapstick, sunglasses, maybe a small first aid kit and some pins to trade, and it should have plenty of space leftover. No pun intended. :) I ordered it from amazon.

71E+PpNwSqL._UX425_.jpg

If that is all you plan to carry then try The Pocket Plus. It has a strong magnet that clips over your waistband or outer pocket. This is what I have been using and it works great. The magnet does not demagnetize your credit cards either. I have the large one and it holds my phone, small wallet, rain poncho and aspirin bottle. The little black loop on the front pocket is a great place to hook a hand sanitize bottle to. https://thepocketplus.com/

Count mé in!

I have one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Kipling-Mult...odeID=7141123011&psd=1&keywords=kipling+waist

It was recommended to me by someone on the Universal board. It holds my phone, extra battery, charger/cable, ID, keys and little emergency kit (aspirin, duct tape, bandaids, etc) with ease. It's also legal for most of the Univetsal rides..

Yep, it looks dorky but it's not like I take it off and people are stunned by the style and chic of my capris pants, Keens Andy Mickey Mouse tee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter