Who rocks a fanny pack at Disney???

Fannypacks here all the way. Here we are wearing them in Disneyland inside Walt's Apartment on Main street. My husband's is hidden under his shirt, but it is there :-)

Attachments

• 1979938_10201492529547462_523411036616697204_o.jpg
    1979938_10201492529547462_523411036616697204_o.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 46
Can we start a revolution, an uprising, a ...something, to erase the term "fanny pack" from the English language? I put mine on, and DS comes out with a nasally, drawn-out "faaaaaaaanny paaaaack" every time. It has become a family joke. Hang on, I have to get my faaaaaaany paaaaack.

So, I have a really cute waist pack that I bought a few years ago for Disney and I love it! It's a small striped one from LeSportSac...as cute as faaaaannny paaaaacks can get, really. I wear it low on the hip, like the others have said. It has a small front pocket and a bigger large pocket. Contents are usually: travel-sized sunscreen, phone, charger, cord in a ziplock bag, lip balm, cash. That reminds me, I need to investigate whether Apple Pay is accepted at the parks in case I don't want to charge to the room.

I also bought a set of waterproof waist packs to try out at the water parks. It says they can also be cross-body bags in the description, but my chest said otherwise: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J78M1YS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fanny Packs and Mini Vans ... not just no but h.... NO :-)

Seriously, I really don't think anything of it when I see someone else wearing one, but I refuse to. If I carry anything at all these days it's a small crossbody.

I have wondered which we should carry when we go on our first trip I was stuck between a backpack or fanny pack but leaning towards the fanny pack!!

my kids and I used to carry them when they were littles...... ut I've since switched over to a crossbody type purse. That extra pocket thing looks like another version of the running buddy,which I use daily walking my dog- but I'm not sure it looks any 'cooler' than a waistpack does anyway..... it's still a waistpack,just without the straps,it attaches magnetically to waistband but it still shows...... besides the running buddy is sweaty on my waistband, so if it's really hot I prefer a purse that doesn't stick to me back on the day when I used to wear them, I'd just slide it around backwards for pics, that way it just looked like a belt on my waist for that lol

Our waist packs are all bought! The two adults and two oldest kids are wearing them, and the two littlest kids are wearing lanyards for ID and gift cards and pins. Each waist pack has a water bottle carrier (mine has 2) and I think they're a little big, honestly.

Here is my question. If we are buying Wands at Wizarding World, we will need a backpack or storage lockers, right? No way a wand box fits in a fanny pack!

Here is my question. If we are buying Wands at Wizarding World, we will need a backpack or storage lockers, right? No way a wand box fits in a fanny pack!

Right, a wand box won't fit in a fanny pack. Our wand boxes from 2014 are 17.75" long.

When we took an interactive wand in and out of the parks, I stuck one end of the wand into my cross body bag (only about 1/3 of the wand fit), and then used a couple pieces of string to tie the wand to the strap of the bag. Not ideal but it was too hot to carry a backpack.

You'll want your interactive wand (if you get one) easy to grab and use in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade.

I first used my High Sierra fanny pack (it extends past my waist) on a missionary trip to Honduras because it counted as my second carry-on and I could wear it below my travel backpack, but since I now have a special needs child it goes everywhere with us because her extra clothes and emergency meds are inside. It is large enough to include snacks, sunscreen, and two water bottles in their own pouches. The advantage at Disney over one of my many backpacks is that I can spin it around to the front whenever I sit down and it rests on my lap.

I got the cheap stretchy ones from Wish for about $5 and they fit everything without being too bulky they are wonderful

For a more stylish option, try a running belt. I found it to be a fabulous option and very sleek (without the excess pouch-iness of a traditional fanny pack). Easy to hide under clothes (or not). For me, i just need a way to carry my phone hands-free. I also have tiny crossbody purses. I'll likely interchange between them. Here are some pics I found online.

I started off with a sleek one:
71IAJs%2BJqJL._SX355_.jpg

But nowadays I use a pouch-ier one for ease of access to my phone (tip: avoid the ones with zippers across the middle like above - zippers at the top, like below, is easier). It's still sleeker than traditional fanny packs though.

71YTAUWoeaL._SY355_.jpg

Last edited:
~I used to have a fanny pack back in the day (circa 2005)-I'm the one with the teal one the other person is my sister:
upload_2017-6-23_22-13-41.png

~Last time we (meaning my husband and I) went in 2011 we used this which worked around the waist and cross-body style. It was small enough too to fit in my husband's cargo shorts:
upload_2017-6-23_13-53-10.png

~But our phones are too big now to fit into it like last time with the Dry-Pak so I perused Amazon and this puppy has amazing reviews so I'm thinking of getting it (it comes as a two pack). It has the versatility that I want and is waterproof/water resistent like I want. I feel like the cross-body photo is awful as people do say it works like a cross body but on that guy....yeah no that's not what cross-bodies generally look like. It should work on me as a cross-body (I have a short waist anyways) but my husband it won't work. The 2 pack comes with one that is more see through version that you're supposed to be able to have your smartphone in there but be able to use it with your figure while it's still inside (sorta like the smartphone capatible gloves you see).
upload_2017-6-23_13-48-25.png

Honestly I think it depends on what you are wanting out of your bag. For me it being waterproof/water resistant is basically the main focus then I narrow down by other factors such as being large enough to fit what I want (phones, cards, cash, etc) but small enough where I'm not lugging around this big thing. You can say my park bags are evolving over time lol.

My grown daughter and I both rocked fanny packs at WDW last year! It was great! I loved having my phone handy instead of digging it out of a backpack. We both wore them again on a recent trip to Disneyland. We just don't worry about what other people think. It's all about convenience for us.

My wife it totally against the fanny pack. I would love to wear one because I am tired of having to take a backpack and having my back all sweaty. We have played the game where we point out the people that have fanny packs and there are not many.
I want to bring them back, but I don't think I am that cool.

We have played the game where we point out the people that have fanny packs and there are not many.
I want to bring them back, but I don't think I am that cool.

They were EVERYWHERE last June when we went to Disney World. We joked that there must have been a big sale because we saw so many people wearing them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter