Who Wants to Be A Mouseketeer Q's?

polkadotladybug

Addicted to ebay!
Can you veterans tell me about the Who Wants to be a Mouseketeer show and who do they pick? Seems like I read somewhere that they choose certain seats?
What kind of trivia do they ask? Is it stuff I would know from watching all the Disney videos with my 2 girls or is it hard stuff? (Heehee)
What kind of prizes do they offer?
Thanks!
Carol

They pick seats from the audience at random. It's like "Who Wants To Be a Millionaire" the first questions are easy and he actually helps you out a bit. When it gets to the bigger money the questions get harder. The grand prize is cruise. When we were there a lady won the cruise, she was a Disney trivia buff. I think you really have to know your stuff to be able to win.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Hey! I might could do this. I won my cruise at Disney's California Adventure's "Who Wants to be a Millionaire-Play It!" Winning two cruises in one year would be a coup.:p

Even if you don't make it to the top prize, they give you shipboard credit at different plateaus, just like on the TV show. Once you make it to each plateau, you can't lose that amount.

The questions are all about Disney trivia, some hard, some very easy, all depends if they ask what you know!!!! The questions can be related to Disney animated movies, live-action films, theme parks, general Disney knowledge, Walt's family life, etc.

The computer randomly picks a row letter and than a seat number. If no one is seated in the seat chosen, they automatically go the person to the right. So, if you sit in a row where they are not a lot of people, you odds could increase on getting picked for a the hot seat. They have 3 lifelines, 50/50, ask the audience and ask the panel (like the phone a friend lifeline) which can help you answer a question, you must be very enthusiastic and jump up and down. They pick people for the panel who look the most enthusiastic. A little boy won the cruise on our trip last August. His family was a DIS'er!!! Each hot seat contestant is allowed to bring someone up with them to the stage.

MJ

Originally posted by mmouse37
They pick people for the panel who look the most enthusiastic.

MJ

:) We had a second "chance" at this show.. they had a special encore version the day we didn't make it to Castaway. My husband, who is normally very laid back jumped and waved his arms, yelled "me" and got chosen, and was the spokesperson for the panel.... they were an enthusiastic panel, but my husband knowing Disney trivia is like me know baseball stats- useless! LOL!

My husband was a contestant in February. I had read on the boards to sit in a row where there were few people.

Here's what I did: We waited to go into the theatre until about 5 minutes before show time, there was hardly anyone sitting in the back rows. We went into the doors to the right (when facing the theatre). There was noone in the 3rd row from the back except at the far left. We sat in that row in the middle section on the isle. They first pick the row letter (A-Z) and then a seat number. If no one is in that seat they go down the row to the right to the first person. If there isn't anyone in that row in that direction, they go back to the left to the first person.

As for taking someone onstage, it must be an adult and a child. If you have no children with you, you must go alone, they do not let 2 adults on stage together. You can have another family member go up in your place I believe, if you don't want to do it.

My husband and son won $80 shipboard credit. They missed a question at $125 mark (I think that was the amount, I was too nervous to remember the dollar amounts).

The question they missed was what was the first disney movie that Tim Rice wrote the lyrics for? They did ask the panel and then 50/50. The panel's guess was taken off by the 50/50, so they basically guessed, and got it wrong. The correct answer was Alladin.

It was still exciting, and my stepson who is 9 thought it was the best ever! He still talks about it. You also get a special pin that they only give to contestants, so that is pretty cool too!

Hope this info helps another DISer get up on stage!

kajohn - did they go to their right (from the stage) first, or did they go to your right (which would be left from the stage)?

Is Mousekteer on all cruises? Or just 7 day cruises??

He & my niece sat way in the back & were the only people sitting in the row they called, so they got to go up. I wasn't there that night (DS had ear infection & we were at infirmary) but the easy questions were along the lines of, what movie was Prince Eric in (Little Mermaid), and the question for the cruise was what country was a certain film set in; it was a made for TV movie from the early 60s called "Greyfriars Bobby"; the answer was Wales but he guessed something else. He did win $$$ in shipboard credit.

:Pinkbounc

Jilma.....what did you hubby anwer to that question? I am curious because the correct answer to where Greyfriar's Bobby was set in is Scotland, not Wales.

We had the same questions on our cruise. Just to be sure I looked it up and it was set in Scotland.....I know there was a DIS'er who posted awhile back saying she had the correct answer but DCL said it was something else and she lost. She checked when she got home and she was correct!!

MJ

I got to be the panelist spokesperson on th 4/19 cruise....I just jumped up and down as I sat in the back on the aisle. I have noticed in the 2 times I was at the show they picked a seat in the physically challenged row all the way in the back.

DCBrown:Pinkbounc :smooth: :Pinkbounc:smooth: :Pinkbounc

This is one activty that we missed last year. Meantime, I'm addicted to it in MGM! I will definitely try it this summer!

If anyone want to brush up on their Disney Trivia before leaving home....they use some questions from the books called THE ULTIMATE DISNEY TRIVIA BOOK, Volumes 1, 2, 3.

Each books has 999 Disney Trivia Questions and was written by Kevin Neary (a Disney Store National Trivia Champ) and Dave Smith, head of the Walt Disney Archives.

MJ

Originally posted by winddancer
Hey! I might could do this. I won my cruise at Disney's California Adventure's "Who Wants to be a Millionaire-Play It!" Winning two cruises in one year would be a coup.:p

That's so awesome! Way to go!

I was lucky enough to win a cruise on WWTBAM on the Wonder last December. The funny thing was that we weren't originally scheduled to be on that ship, but the Magic instead. Well, our cruise was cancelled, I'm sure you know that story and we switched to the Wonder at the last minute. Sadly, my husband was very sick back in the cabin and didn't get a chance to see me there. I'm still looking for a videotape of the show if anyone has one of the 4 day Dec 1 cruise. I'd love for my husband to see it. Anyway, my exact seat was chosen by the computer. I should say that I used to work at the Disney Store and I was my store's trivia champ for 2 years. I thought the questions up to the first level were moderately difficult but the cruise director will help you to the first level. After that, you've got you're 3 lifelines. My questions got tough after that. They were about a couple of the animated films and their characters as well as the foreign theme parks that Disney owns. My final question was about the 4 episode tv series in which Dan Ackroyd played a minister on ABC. I didn't have a clue about the tv series because they just gave the ntitle and not who starred in it. I used the process of elimination to get it correct because by that time I had used my lifelines up. You have to have a little bit of luck, some knowledge and a whole bunch of pixie dust handy I guess!

I'm taking our freebie cruise Nov 29 and am wondering if I could get to be on the panel to help someone else. Anyone know?

Thanks and good luck!!!!

Lisa Marie Smith

Another newbie question here: I know you can win a 7 day cruise at the 1,000,000 point level. But what do you win at the 1,000 point and 32,000 point levels?

They give you an onboard credit to your cabin at both levels. I believe it was $50 for the first level and $125 for the second plateau, but you can stop at any time and take that amount of credit instead of risking it but getting a wrong answer.

LMS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter