Who's stayed at BWV solo?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
It seems like TOO much room for just one person. And I guess I'm reluctant to change from POR. I did it once (when POR closed, went to ASMusic) and hated it. But going for a long weekend alone, it seems BWV are so convenient to MGM, which I'm hoping to go to see the Osborne Lights (have AP, going 11/23-hope that's the AP preview). But I'm afraid of the room seeming so big, that I might feel lonely for once rattling around in all that space.

I actually own DVC at BWV and stay there solo all the time (in a studio). The studios are spacious for one, but I don't think they would be too big. Actually you might enjoy the extra room, as you could sit on your couch and watch TV or sit at your table without being on top of the bed. Also, most studios have private balconies (I've never stayed at POR, so I'm not sure if they had them.) Also, the bathrooms are a good size at BWV. You'll love the convenience to Epcot and MGM by boat (or you could even walk).

I stayed 5 nights solo at BWV in April and I think the studio is the perfect accommodation for a solo traveler. The setup with one bed and a foldout couch is great because you never have to fold out the couch. You can sit on it or use it to put stuff on. And while I wasn't going to be cooking dinner or anything, it is wonderful to have a refrigerator and a microwave. Many of the prices in the BW store for groceries are not as high as I expected them to be (of course, the soda prices are totally outrageous, but getting a refillable mug can help with that.)

I've stayed at the BWV once, in a studio. They are a nice size but not so large that you will feel lost in there. Do try them.

When I go to OKW I often stay in a one-bedroom solo. Now that may seem like too much for one person but once you try that whirlpool and big porch it's tough to go back to a regular room. Hey, it's a vacation after all. What better way to relax?

Probably one of the best places for a solo! With all of the activity nearby, you never have to go far, and don't have to worry about walking alone at night (there are always people around here)

Too much space? for someone who travels 200 nights a year, there is no such thing as too much space in a hotel room!!!

I loved having a fridge and microwave for times I didn't want to go out for meals either. And there are so many dining choices in this area.

I'll echo the praises for a studio at BWV for solo trips. The single queen bed and sleeper sofa make the room very homey and the fridge and toaster are great for quick breakfasts/snacks.

I like the BWV studios for that homey feeling, too. They are just the right size for me.

My husband and I are going to BWV in September.... and we reserved a one bedroom.... way way more than we need, but wanted to splurge for the TUB. :teeth:

I think that location is perfect for solo/adult travlers. Have fun!

BTW Glad to see your settling into the wonders of DVC!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter