Why can't all theme parks be like Disney for our ASD kids?

1stluvispooh

<font color=blue>Go straight and never ever stop<b
Ok here's my question for the day. Why can't all theme parks be like Disney for ASD kids? :confused3 We take DD to Disney and she is calm getting into the park. Excited but calm. We can ask her do you want to see Mickey she will say yes. Do you want to ride Barnstormer or whatever yes. Today we went to Kings Island, it's 40 minutes from the house. Now I remeber it being loud the last time we were there but that was before Cedar Fair bought it so I was hoping that they might have changed that. Well no they didn't. The first think we have to do is the train because there is no dealing with DS until her rides the train. I mean even at age 11 he will make you miserable until he rides the train. We all get on and it's loud and I notice that we are right by a speaker. So I said to DD do you want to get farther away from the speaker. Yes. Well there is no farther away from the speaker because there is a speaker ever 3 rows!!! So we get off and let DS and DH go for the train ride. Then while we are waiting she says she has to go potty. Great I'm armed with postets in the backpack to cover the sensor so she won't freak out but she's already freaking out so she refused to go. So I know that in the Baby Care they have, what we call in my family the non scary potties but she sees I'm taking her to the "Baby care center" and she's not a baby!!! Ugh so I have to strong arm her into the place. The old guy working the desk just looks at me struggling with her and the door and doesn't move and inch to help me :mad: So I basically force her go go potty. Then we walk back to the train to wait for DS and DD. They were actually getting off when we walked up. So then DH said why don't we get lunch that might help. Well I must admit the trip was a little last minute so I didn't call to see if they had a list of places that I could get something that was GF/CF. I figure how hard is it going to be to find some grilled chicken, the girl lives on grilled chicken. Well it wasn't as easy as I thought and DS was getting a little grumpy. I even told him. "This isn't Disney that gives you all the places that we can get your sister some food!" Man we were there for and hour and I had already threatened both kids that we would leave if the didn't (Fill in the blank) Well after lunch we got DD to go on a coaster (which she loves) and things got better but man it was a rough start. I guess I just think every place should be as magical as Disney for her.

Sorry for the long vent. I feel better now

Join the crowd. I find myself going back to DLR over and over again just to be happy and eat and eat and eat and eat. I too have seen other parks not up to Disney's disabled friendlyness. Sorry you had such a rough time.

Disney is so magical for me and I am going to DLR for a meet and greet on Wednesday and going on a research trip on Tuesday. I should not go due to finances but for $10 were can you get a meal, friendship and happiness? :cloud9:

Thanks I knew I would find understanding here :lovestruc It really got better after lunch. Just wish it was good from the get go. Have fun at DLR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter