Why cant I find any times for Storybook dining ?

Disneynutinlondon

<font color=blue>It's been such a blast with all t
I’ve been trying to make dummy bookings for 8 people for Storybook dining but can’t find ANYTHING even at 180 day out !!!

We’re actually not going till Xmas but I just wanted to see what availability would be like and apparently it’s nothing at all !!

Is it really such a hard ADR to get ????

Did you try making two reservations for 4? It's possible they don't have a configuration for 8.

Did you try making two reservations for 4? It's possible they don't have a configuration for 8.

Yes I tried for a party of 4 as well as I also had the same thought ........ I even tried for a table of 2 but nothing at all come up ??

Don't know what dates you put in for the dummy bookings but Storybook Dining has become the new "BOG" based solely on how many similar threads there are. Should you look at the "Cancelled ADR" threads by month you will constantly see people offering it so there is always that.

Look for reservations for less than a week out. I pretend I'm already at Disney World and see reservations for most every restaurant. After trying for months to get Trattoria for breakfast, there were multiple openings for while we were there. People have to cancel by midnight and there always seems to be something open. The restaurant I see the least availability? Beaches and Cream. This is practically a daily exercise for me, to see what is available last minute.

ETA: I would probably call and ask if there were tables that would accommodate large groups first. Last time, there were 6 of us. We had 2 or 3 split reservations because we were late deciding to go. Sometimes the restaurant could accommodate us, sometimes not. The reservations were only a few minutes apart.

Last edited:
I tried earlier tonight for parties of 8, 6 then 4. Got 1 for 4 at Storybook. Just now checked (since it's almost midnight) for tomorrow and there's 1 for 8 people. Granted, it's at 8:45, but it's there.

Yes it really can be that hard to snag
I got a reservation for 2 at dinner time 180+4 days out and that was the absolute earliest I could get it

Yes it really can be that hard to snag
I got a reservation for 2 at dinner time 180+4 days out and that was the absolute earliest I could get it

I've been finding that reserving for 2 is a lot easier than reserving for 4.

You're right, but it can still be difficult especially for BOG/Storybook/CRT/etc

I was speaking specifically about Storybook - I made the mistake of forgetting to change the # of guests when stalking for a reservation there, and got all excited when I found a few options at times I wanted! Then go to make the reservation only to find out that I had the wrong # of guests, and the same times weren't available for 4. Insert sad trombone :(

I try reserving all numbers. Sometimes a better time will come up for 4, or 6, then i just go in and modify. It's easier to subtract from a reservation than to add to it.

I just reserved an end of July dinner for 2 recently- at about 5 months out. Our choices were 5:35 or 8:10 on a different day than I originally wanted. I took the early time and just checked over the weekend and found something a little later. You have a larger group, but keep checking. Maybe put in a reservation finder request at Touring Plans.

Are you getting married at Disney, or a honeymoon? I imagine a wedding is pretty pricy, but my son did the cruise for his honeymoon. :)
How sweet of you to ask! We're actually doing a pre-wedding honeymoon trip (I know that doesn't make a ton of sense, but it is an actual thing that "young people" do nowadays lol) to WDW
We'll be in Disney 9/12-9/17, then coming home and getting married 10/5 :love:

How sweet of you to ask! We're actually doing a pre-wedding honeymoon trip (I know that doesn't make a ton of sense, but it is an actual thing that "young people" do nowadays lol) to WDW
We'll be in Disney 9/12-9/17, then coming home and getting married 10/5 :love:
You learn something new every day. So if you take the honeymoon before the wedding, do you do anything after?

You learn something new every day. So if you take the honeymoon before the wedding, do you do anything after?
We're personally not doing anything after the wedding as we already live together and are already practically married lol
We'll be doing a lot of paperwork, I know that!
We had actually had the Disney trip planned before we had a wedding date set, then we got the wedding date set and I looked it up, apparently some "young" people do a pre-wedding honeymoon lol
It's certainly cheaper for us to do it this way with all the discounts Disney has up for our dates at the moment, so it works out

We're personally not doing anything after the wedding as we already live together and are already practically married lol
We'll be doing a lot of paperwork, I know that!
We had actually had the Disney trip planned before we had a wedding date set, then we got the wedding date set and I looked it up, apparently some "young" people do a pre-wedding honeymoon lol
It's certainly cheaper for us to do it this way with all the discounts Disney has up for our dates at the moment, so it works out
So wonderful! It's already such a magical place, now you will have this to remember. Have fun! (and Best Wishes!)

I've been trying for a reservation for Storybook dining multiple times a day for weeks now. I am looking for a table for 4 anytime the first week of June. One popped up, can't remember what day it was for, but the time was really late, I want to say 9pm. I will be with my 2 kids ages 3.5 and 18 months so that wouldn't work. I think I might sign up for touring plans to see if that helps as suggested above. Quick question- are all the dwarfs present at the dinner, or just a few? Is this the only place to see the dwarfs and Snow White?

I've been trying for a reservation for Storybook dining multiple times a day for weeks now. I am looking for a table for 4 anytime the first week of June. One popped up, can't remember what day it was for, but the time was really late, I want to say 9pm. I will be with my 2 kids ages 3.5 and 18 months so that wouldn't work. I think I might sign up for touring plans to see if that helps as suggested above. Quick question- are all the dwarfs present at the dinner, or just a few? Is this the only place to see the dwarfs and Snow White?

It's Snow White, Grumpy, Dopey, and the Evil queen. You can meet Snow in the Germany pavilion at Epcot, and all 7 dwarfs meet during the Halloween party. as far as I know, Storybook is the only place you can meet the Evil Queen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!