Why Can't We Live in Hogsmeade? A Potter Trip Report COMPLETE

I have really enjoyed reading your report. We will be there march 2-6 and I'm getting so excited I can't stand it!

Your trip report makes it difficult to wait for our visit to Florida in July.

It occurred to me that if Star Trek fans are called Trekkies, are Harry Potter fans called Potties?:)

Awesome trip report! I love hearing from other HP nerds who feel the same way I do about the park... I shed a few tears when I first walked into Hogsmeade and then had to be dragged out of the park...!

Also, super jealous of your broom collection (actually, your entire collection)! :worship::worship::worship:

I really enjoyed your Trip Report. I'd like to see pictures of your collection if you are willing to share those too :thumbsup2

I can't wait to see WWOHP! Only 8 months left :woohoo:

You wrote an amazing review. I am also a huge Harry Potter fan and got my first chance to see WWOHP first hand in October. I was so excited we practically ran through the park to get there and then it was like being hit by a wall of people. I just couldn't enjoy it there were sooo many people. Just to walk down the stree people were pushing and shoving, there was a line of over an hour to get a butter beer and two hours wait to ride FJ. Needless to say I left feeling deflated. I am going to try again in early May and hopefully I will feel some of the magic again.

I enjoyed reading your report! I love your sense of humor. Thanks for sharing.

loved your report! do you have a pic of the time turner necklace????? I was waiting for one of those to be made (they only had the keychain last time i was there)

Great Trip Report! I am going for the first time to the WWOHP July 13-17. I think I will be more like your friend was, taking photos of EVERYTHING, and not reallly wanting to spend too much time away to see the other parts of the park. It will be a surreal experience for me.

I would also love to see pictures of your massive collection of HP stuff. So post some photos if you can....:)

Also, I would really love to pick your brain about LC. (PM or off boards of course) as I have never been to that either. I just registered & I feel like Auther Weasley trying to figure out the function of a rubber duck! The more I reaserch, the more questions I come up with.

glad you had so much fun!

Thanks for the great trip report. Your excitement and enthusiasm comes through clearly in your writing.

I am planing a trip for later in the year, and this helps me with our plans.

Awesome trip report! Really has me looking even more forward to our 2012 trip. We will be celebrating my DD's sweet 16 at WWoHP that summer.

I was just wondering where the pics you promised to post are? Your last post was Feb. 18th and today is April 2? Guess you've been busy :confused3

We will be spending 2 days at US, 1 day each side. How much time do you think we will need to spend in WWoHP on our first day there? Will we have any time to do the rest of IOA?

The last time I visited US was 1995 before DD was even born, and well before IOA and I'm looking forward to seeing both parks. Any advice from a pro like you will be appreciated.

Fantastic trip report - honestly, this is the first on this site I've actually been able to read, and not only that, read it all quickly, eager to see what happens! :)

If I don't make it to WWoHP now I shall cry.

Love your trip report! My daughter and I will be going in August and can't wait!

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm such a harry potter freak. I was soooooooo excited when I got to go to hogsmeade in january. I absolutely LOVED the whole recreation they did of the wizarding world. Every detail was perfect for me. As far as butterbeer went I was more of a frozen butterbeer kind of person, I don't know what it was about it but it tasted soooo much better. before my trip I wasn't too keen on the idea of frozen butterbeer. I also LOVED the cauldron Cakes!!!! I loved every part of that cake!!!! I wish they delivered to Chicago haha!

Wonderful trip report! Loved it! It makes want to read the books and watch the movies :-) I do plan on watching the movies before our trip in May. We are cruising with DCL May 4th-7 days. We will have a free 2 days in Florida and are considering Universal for those days.
Your enthusiastic report helped to make up my mind!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter