Why change names and not others?

Tiiiigergirl

<font color=red>Had to be rolled out of the restau
Why a Topsiders and Beach Blanket but 2 Animator's palates?

Why a Lumiere's (sp) (too lazy tonight to care if I spell anything write, right, rite) and Triton's but 2 Parrot Cays?

Why a Beat Streat and Route 66 but 2 Palos? (I'm assuming even the language purists will allow me to put the s on Palo in that case since I'm talking about two of them;) )

I could come up with more examples but you get my drift. Any logical ideas about this. I've been puzzling it over and can't come up with a reasonable explanation.

I can tell my mind is in overdrive about our next cruise. Just ask me about my dream.........nightmare...........my spa bill was over $5000.

Because the theming on those restaurants/areas that are different is different, and the theming on those that are the same is the same. ;)

Does that make sense? :)

Basically there are minor differences in overall decor (art deco vs. art nouveau) and a few other differences just to spice it up a little.

Tomato...tamato I guess...I wondered the same thing...maybe they just wanted to give each ship some of its own distict personality...Maybe they considered Lumiere's and Triton's signatures to each ship...its the only thing I can come up with!

Question...will you be on the 4 day Wonder cruise in Jan 2004 (returning Feb5)? If so see you there!

ok I didnt see the reply-disregard my guess...I tried

I guess what I'm confused about is why they didn't change the name everywhere.

It's so you don't get everything right in DCL trivia! I"m getting silly -time for bed! :p

I think the simple answer is that for some things they came up with lots of great ideas and just couldn't choose one so they used different ones on the different ships.

Some things - like Palo or Animator's are so unique and so wonderful that they wanted them to be enjoyed by everyone so they are the same on both ships.

It will be interesting to see what changes happen if/when a new ship is built.

Tiiigergirl - We saw you and Warren in the Spa when we were there on our last cruise together ------ I am not surprised that you had a nightmare about a $5,000 bill!!!! I told them to put my charges on your card!!!!

Rae

Any logical ideas about this.

I'll try. Hope my brain doesn't get strained...

The menu selections in any "duplicate" restaurant might be "chef specific" rather than the traditional "ship specific."

Thanks Rae. I knew we had to watch you when it came to swiping other people's shrimp but I didn't know you were doing that!;)

Actually Buckaroo's Dad I think with the mood I was in yesterday I was hoping for some illogical reasons.

Thanks Rae. I knew we had to watch you when it came to swiping other people's shrimp

Nah, Tiiiigergirl. You only have to worry if it's a tall, muscular black shrimp with dread locks who answers to the name Keith Hamilton Cobb...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter