Why do I do this? Nervous I'll forget something!

yupikgal

DIS Veteran
If any of you have any last minute packing tips or any type of reminders, please let me know! I have a packing list typed up, I have most things packed, but this time I'm carrying a CPAP which is different for me. The fact that it's 1000's of miles from my home, and we leave the house in about 3 hours, doesn't help!!

Thank you!!

Toothbrush
Hair brush
Socks
Phone chargers
Tickets/APs
Medications
Flight info if not on your phone already
Your house keys

I feel like there's more I've forgotten over the years, but those things aren't coming to mind at the moment.

Thanks you guys! I am very detail oriented, and I swear my packing list probably has too much on it, and I always over-pack clothes wise, and even if my airline app has all my info, I normally print one out anyway, I guess from my old school days ingrained into me? lol!! Don't use house keys anymore, we have a keypad with combination #! It's awesome! Anyway, I am probably fine with what I have, like I said, if anything, too much! It seems my travel anxiety gets worse and worse with each trip!!

I use the "Notes" app on my phone and start a "pack list" for upcoming trips...when something pops in my mind like "I need to remember [X]" I just add it to the note...and I can also reference past trips.

As I pilot I use a checklist for EVERY flight...not cuz I don't know it inside and out but it is too easy to get complacent and overlook something. I apply that to everything.

I am super ocd, but what calms me down is knowing that I can buy literally anything I forget and need. Its LA not some 3rd world country. And worst case if I forget enough shirts or a sweatshirt, i end up coming home with a new Disneyland shirt. So just remember 90% on your list and you're fine. Have fun!

Thanks you guys! I am very detail oriented, and I swear my packing list probably has too much on it, and I always over-pack clothes wise, and even if my airline app has all my info, I normally print one out anyway, I guess from my old school days ingrained into me? lol!! Don't use house keys anymore, we have a keypad with combination #! It's awesome! Anyway, I am probably fine with what I have, like I said, if anything, too much! It seems my travel anxiety gets worse and worse with each trip!!

If you're going away for a while make sure that you have reasonably fresh batteries in your keypad. I'd had two different friends get locked out recently when the batteries died during their vacations.

I take photos on my phone of things that I've packed to reassure myself that I really do have x,y, and z. (When the panic hits -- did I pack ___?! -- I can just look on my phone.) Also photos of things around the house to reassure myself that things are locked, turned off, put away, etc. It really helps calm the jitters. I also pack copies of prescriptions I might need (thank goodness for the new pharmacies on Harbor -- CVS and Walgreen's -- makes life so much easier). And don't worry -- for little things, those two stores make it so much easier to pick up any sundries you might have forgotten. Amazon brings peace of mind, too. Worst case scenario, I can have something (just about anything?) overnighted to my hotel, thanks to Prime.

I take photos on my phone of things that I've packed to reassure myself that I really do have x,y, and z. (When the panic hits -- did I pack ___?! -- I can just look on my phone.) Also photos of things around the house to reassure myself that things are locked, turned off, put away, etc. It really helps calm the jitters. I also pack copies of prescriptions I might need (thank goodness for the new pharmacies on Harbor -- CVS and Walgreen's -- makes life so much easier). And don't worry -- for little things, those two stores make it so much easier to pick up any sundries you might have forgotten. Amazon brings peace of mind, too. Worst case scenario, I can have something (just about anything?) overnighted to my hotel, thanks to Prime.
That is a really good idea.

Have you ever had a case of water delivered to your hotel via Amazon or Costco? Idk in Amazon has cases of water. I should look I guess.

Just checked and Amazon does have water but not on Prime.

I make a big list as well for packing. This trip is a surprise for DH and both DDs so I need to be careful about packing too early and letting my crazy out. Luckily they know we're going away for the weekend so DH knows to pack, but he'll be packing for Portland, OR and not for Anaheim so I'll have to make some secret adjustments somehow. Normally I would put everything by the front door but I can't now. So far I am gathering things in a random bag in the office that won't go missing--the girls' costumes, Disney t-shirts, autograph books, etc.

I make sure to pack sunscreen because one time I had to buy the most ridiculously small sunscreen in December at the store next to GRR and it was so expensive--that was in '06 and I still remember that bottle!

My best "packing" advice is to clean-up your phone before traveling. I uninstall any apps that I don't need and also download all the pics and videos that I don't need off my camera so I have more space and maybe it's all in my head but I feel like it gives my phone a longer battery life while in the park. I will be bringing the external battery packs too. I also make sure that I have all of my phone numbers which I don't need to do anymore since I've had them all in there for so long now but that's Disney Dining, Guest Services, my hotel front desk, etc. And along those lines I also take pics of our tickets and the kids each day in their outfits and put them in my Loved Pics so that they're easily accessible. Which isn't packing advice but....

If any of you have any last minute packing tips or any type of reminders, please let me know! I have a packing list typed up, I have most things packed, but this time I'm carrying a CPAP which is different for me. The fact that it's 1000's of miles from my home, and we leave the house in about 3 hours, doesn't help!!

Thank you!!

I always go with ten theroy that is I have my passport and my credit card I can buy, beg or borrow anything else I may need. (In fact I was brought up as long as you have your passport you can beg, borrow or steal anything...I am sure just a saying though)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter