Why do some British people not book direct through Disney?

There are ways and means of getting them cheaper. Unfortunately most of the UK sites will charge the rack rate for the hotel and will entice customers with the 'free' dining plan (which of course isn't free due to the high cost of the room) You will probably find that the hotels will be cheaper on the USA Disney site as there will be a greater choice of rooms plus they often have room offers throughout the year. We have annual passes so take advantage of the good discounts and also the bouncebacks which give the option to book the next trip before checking out.

We’re getting 7 free nights at All Stars due to problems we encountered, but the cost of flights and booking directly don’t add up, so I’m currently looking for ways to make an unscheduled vacation next October viable

I was considering booking a split vacation in October 19 (we only returned yesterday) and I was looking on the Disney Holiday sites but find it way way too expensive, £1000 per night for a deluxe on the Monorail loop (7nights) and looking for 7 off-site somewhere.

Sept19 onwards is a bit odd at the moment, you'll find that those £1000 a night rooms are all club level, as that seems to be all they are selling at the moment.

Personally I think there is a pause in UK sales due to Star Wars, and they are giving US guests a fairer crack of the whip

If you go onto the Disney USA site you'll find all the hotels available for October 2019, for example the Wilderness Lodge has rooms for $407 per night before tax.

That’s good to know, just need to figure out how to do that from the UK, keeps bumping me back to the uk site!

That’s good to know, just need to figure out how to do that from the UK, keeps bumping me back to the uk site!

On the Walt Disney World page, click on the globe icon which says 'UK and Ireland' (English). Change this to 'USA' (English) This will take you to the USA site. You may have to do it a couple of times. Once on the USA site you'll also be able to see all the different room types/views.

On the Walt Disney World page, click on the globe icon which says 'UK and Ireland' (English). Change this to 'USA' (English) This will take you to the USA site. You may have to do it a couple of times. Once on the USA site you'll also be able to see all the different room types/views.
I'd add, don't bother trying on a mobile (and some tablets), get your laptop out for this one!

This is definitely doable as we’ve just booked a very last minute trip - going in 46 days eek on the US site. We were able to take advantage of the 25% off room rates that the US is offering the the U.K. is not.

That being said I’m glad we’ve already booked our Xmas/new year 2019 into 2020 trip which we did back in April as the U.K. side is now “pausing “ their bookings for that time period

I've always booked through a TA just for security, but if it's cheaper to book with Disney directly then I'll definitely look into it for future trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!