Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

HELLO ALL!

Let's see what has been going on now? The boys quit Baseball this season over a nasty horrible coach which i will not get into the ugly details.

tumblr_mw2tgwP24z1rped57o1_500.jpg

It's getting pretty tough around my home right now.. I have been on my -you tube kick especially when the trip is getting closer and closer and it is tormenting my kids more and more.

tumblr_lzxmnaRvFF1rped57o1_400.jpg

Matt was laying on the coach and just said
Mom?
Yes Matt?
I really want to go to Disney
Do you now? Where did this come from?
I just miss everything and having family fun.

71366ccf831d2e5a5a521f6223a3092e.jpg

Peanut keeps talking about how she cannot wait another full year to go how it's not possible to wait three years we need to go sooner...

Zack just wants a vacation.

I don't really know, but i am going to go ahead and say they know something. or they suspect we are going this year.. I don't think they are as gullible as they were in 2014.. Once this trip happened i think they are a bit more in tuned.
They ask when we are going-- i tell them 2018 ask them again do you want to know or be surprised.
Zack- Surprised
Matt-- after a long moment surprised.
Meg- she wants to know now. and wants to help with the planning- nope two want to be surprised so your right with them. Or i might lie. and tell her May. Let her do the planning..

Whatever all three want to go. They want to go NOW.. and i cannot wait to let them off the hook and tell them we are going.

3ea640fd0d4db9f7a37a3e3c520027ff.jpg

The only plan i have at this time is we will be stopping at Louisville slugger.

I have a couple of tee shirt ideas

I need to come up with our FPs... SOON! Hoping we will get together this weekend more wine. and some cockamamie plan of attack... we can only watch and see.

I currently have over 1500 emails i need to go through

More later!

Somehow I got way behind with your report. I think I've caught up.
Congrats on quitting smoking.
Your kids have gotten so big. I almost didn't recognize them.
I have you can keep the trip a secret for a while longer.
I always thought Tenn. was very pretty. North Georgia is nice, too.
I'll try not to get lost again.
Liz

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy for you with the smoking. That is such a hard thing to do.

Oh man- the beginning of school/ end of school pictures are crazy. They look so grown up! I feel that way every time I look at my oldest, Abi,. I just keep telling her to stop growing up and she isn't listening!
So excited that your trip is getting closer. I am hoping to get better about getting on here evry day now that I am done with my Europe trip report and planning a Disney one! YAY!

so explain this one to me.
I did the unfortunate thing and got on a scale and after two weeks i had gained weight.

images

HOW THE HELL DOES THAT HAPPEN? I am so very upset.. I have not gotten back on the scale since i don't ever plan on getting on it ever again. I do however plan on measuring myself. No my clothes are not getting bigger that's all i know.

I agree with the reply above, muscle weighs more than fat, shows you're building strong foundations! :)

I did go through my Disney box..

and i think i have a slight problem with Disney bags:

OK OK a couple of them are Peanut's

https://flic.kr/p/Vtf12S
Nope, you lost me. I see no problem there. Well...Maybe a tiny one, only that I still don't have a Serendipi-D bag yet! :guilty: Then again I have no idea who I'd have on it anyway so perhaps a good job I can't afford one yet!

Have i mentioned how i am now the proud mom of 7th graders??
Seriously when the hell did that happen?
Beginning of 6th Grade:

And now:

WOW! They've grown so much!

It's getting pretty tough around my home right now.. I have been on my -you tube kick especially when the trip is getting closer and closer and it is tormenting my kids more and more.

tumblr_lzxmnaRvFF1rped57o1_400.jpg

That picture is me right now. Last week I actually cried when a Disney commercial came on. I'm actually avoiding a lot of my usual Disney haunts apart from this thread until I get over my Post Disney Depression (is there another term? Lack of Disney Depression? No-Trip-To-Plan-itis? I'm living vicariously through you Mo!).

I can't wait until you surprise the kids! I'm so excited for them already!

Super happy for you about the smoking and the gym! Don't stress about the number on the scale either. I actually just read an article about a woman who lost only two pounds but transformed her body check it out: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-body/news/moms-two-pound-weight-loss-photo-goes-viral-w468862

I can't believe now that I've moved to the mid-west you're heading south! Kathy too, what's up? Is winter really that bad? Kidding, I know it is, and I'm gonna die.

Your children are giants! They grow up so fast! Mine's only two and I feel like I live with a tiny tyrant who eats all my berries and talks back to me. She might not make it to 7th grade, but I digress. I can't believe how much they've grown this year. Or since I started reading your TRs, for that matter!

In Disney news, those kiddos better cut it out. They want a surprise I know you'll give it to them, Although I kinda love the idea of telling Peanut there's a trip to plan in May, sneaky, sneaky!

best to you and yours, enjoy your clean house summer!

Checking in on you Mo. I was wondering why your sons were not playing baseball. So sad to here. I thought coaches were supposed to be role models and teach, but nope, I had my share of bad experiences back in the day.

Hope you are hanging in there with the no smoking Mo - just take care of yourself and eat healthy, and get some sleep! Sleep definitely impacts our weight.

Cannot wait to hear about your ADR's; please share more!! I think I would let Meg in on the secret and give her some planning excitement.

Awwwwww, this just melts my heart.

Me too.. I am doing something right here..

Totally feel his pain. This is me every minute of every day.

YES YES!

Somehow I got way behind with your report. I think I've caught up.
Congrats on quitting smoking.
Your kids have gotten so big. I almost didn't recognize them.
I have you can keep the trip a secret for a while longer.
I always thought Tenn. was very pretty. North Georgia is nice, too.
I'll try not to get lost again.
Liz

I haven't been on in forever and i feel awful... Work just keeps getting in the way!
Thank you the quitting was easy
the kids got HUGE didn't they? I never realize it until i saw those pictures!!!
It's getting harder and harder to keep this secret!

Yes don't get lost i like you around here!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy for you with the smoking. That is such a hard thing to do.

Oh man- the beginning of school/ end of school pictures are crazy. They look so grown up! I feel that way every time I look at my oldest, Abi,. I just keep telling her to stop growing up and she isn't listening!
So excited that your trip is getting closer. I am hoping to get better about getting on here evry day now that I am done with my Europe trip report and planning a Disney one! YAY!

Thank you! It was pretty easy to quit.
Nope they don't listen when you tell them to STOP! Peanut isn't growing at the speed the boys are.
crap your done with your report? I need to get on there..

I agree with the reply above, muscle weighs more than fat, shows you're building strong foundations! :)

Not the case here.. I will explain in a minute,

Nope, you lost me. I see no problem there. Well...Maybe a tiny one, only that I still don't have a Serendipi-D bag yet! :guilty: Then again I have no idea who I'd have on it anyway so perhaps a good job I can't afford one yet!

HA! I do have more Disney bags then i can carry!!! that's the only problem i have

WOW! They've grown so much!

Tell me about it...

That picture is me right now. Last week I actually cried when a Disney commercial came on. I'm actually avoiding a lot of my usual Disney haunts apart from this thread until I get over my Post Disney Depression (is there another term? Lack of Disney Depression? No-Trip-To-Plan-itis? I'm living vicariously through you Mo!).

Disney depression is a REAL thing. and i feel honored you will still come along for this disney adventure!!!

I can't wait until you surprise the kids! I'm so excited for them already!

Me either. It's killing me but i have a feeling they know.

Super happy for you about the smoking and the gym! Don't stress about the number on the scale either. I actually just read an article about a woman who lost only two pounds but transformed her body check it out: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-body/news/moms-two-pound-weight-loss-photo-goes-viral-w468862

I can't believe now that I've moved to the mid-west you're heading south! Kathy too, what's up? Is winter really that bad? Kidding, I know it is, and I'm gonna die.

Your children are giants! They grow up so fast! Mine's only two and I feel like I live with a tiny tyrant who eats all my berries and talks back to me. She might not make it to 7th grade, but I digress. I can't believe how much they've grown this year. Or since I started reading your TRs, for that matter!

In Disney news, those kiddos better cut it out. They want a surprise I know you'll give it to them, Although I kinda love the idea of telling Peanut there's a trip to plan in May, sneaky, sneaky!

best to you and yours, enjoy your clean house summer!

Oh malarkey!!! But i do have the reason why i was gaining. i will explain.

Are you close to visit? yep Kathy ran without turning back. gives us another excuse to go to FL as much as we can right?!?! LOL
yes your not used the the winters.. Umm i just hope you have enough clothes! HA!

My kids are really getting big aren't they.. What the heck happened?? Who allowed this?
Yes your toddler.. I mean seriously! look how big she got!!! just the other day she was still the sleeping infant! I blinked!
two isn't bad... Just wait until 3...
muuuuuha ha ha ha ha...
Then there is 4. My favorite age.

i do think they either know OR suspect something because...
Drinking. and talking Disney. is a BAD combo when trying to surprise children...
I digress!

I do have a clean house.. it's WONDERFUL!!! Just wait until yours is old enough for chores!!!

BEST TO YOU!! hugs to all!!!

Checking in on you Mo. I was wondering why your sons were not playing baseball. So sad to here. I thought coaches were supposed to be role models and teach, but nope, I had my share of bad experiences back in the day.

Hope you are hanging in there with the no smoking Mo - just take care of yourself and eat healthy, and get some sleep! Sleep definitely impacts our weight.

Cannot wait to hear about your ADR's; please share more!! I think I would let Meg in on the secret and give her some planning excitement.

HELLO!
I just hate the new place it's too busy these people here are a HOT MESS who need a babysitter!
Yes terrible coach and now a broken friendship over it. It's on them not us. But be damned if i allow someone to make my boys look bad...

Totally not going to lie a few BBQ's and i stole a couple of cigarettes from a friend. which immediately tossed out.
They icky. Sleep.. I try!!

I have most of everything I will share!

Alrighty..

I will do a crazy personal update first.. Because my life is something that cannot make up!

So remember i was complaining about the weight gain? Well i had a few more crazy things going on as well.. Like my throat was swollen and hurting BAD like a strep throat without the pain of swallowing or talking.
The back of my head is killing me right at the base of your neck/shoulders. so I did something that takes a LOT for me to do and i made a doc appointment.
Like i told him how is quitting smoking like tearing off a band aid for the rest of bad things to come through!!!
so i baffled him. until we starting talking about my thyroid meds..
our local pharmacy has been giving me the wrong medication for the last three months.
Yep.
So i am now on my real med and he gave me a water pill to help with the swelling. I felt better because i thought i was going in there and him telling me i had thyroid cancer.
It's been a few days and the pain in my throat is almost gone i am in the bathroom more then i am out of one flushing of the system is INSANE.
Sorry TMI???

Well lets just say i am slowly losing the weight again. I am back on ATKINS like my life depends on it. this trip is in 58 days I cannot go back there like i was in 2014

Because this happened a couple of weeks ago:

Which i will get more into detail tomorrow!!!

Because i will give out the plans!! WOOHOO!!

And His sister did rear her ugly head and we will HOPEFULLY get some of the money by the end of this month! PRAYERS FOR THIS ONE!
If so we will be flying to FL!
I am not a fan of this idea.

SECRETS!

Until Tomorrow!!
https://flic.kr/p/W3CStj

and reminder here:

58 days!!!

Are you close to visit?

Ish; were north of Detroit so Chicago is a few hours, but we both really wanna go. He's never been and I was a young teen, so it's been like 20 years.

another excuse to go to FL as much as we can right?!?! LOL

Exactly! Cause we needed another reason. :earboy2:

Umm i just hope you have enough clothes! HA!

I don't, I never will. I spent a small fortune making the most of my employee discount with Nordstrom before it ended so we got outerwear; coats, boots, etc. But I need thermals and gloves and stuff. I did buy a special towel heater, two space heaters and a heated blanket... I might not survive.:cold:

Just wait until 3...

Ugh! She's already starting. Bossy, bossy.

Drinking. and talking Disney. is a BAD combo when trying to surprise children...

Lol"

our local pharmacy has been giving me the wrong medication for the last three months.

Omg!!! That's insane! Are you sueing?!

I felt better because i thought i was going in there and him telling me i had thyroid cancer.

Geezus, that's terrifying. I'm so glad it's not that.

Sorry TMI???

No such thing after you have children.

this trip is in 58 days

:dancer::dancer::dancer:

Can't wait to hear more!popcorn::

So glad you are doing good Mo. I am not one to stir up the pot, but have you ever googled synthetic (synthroid) thyroid meds vs natural (Armour) thyroid meds. Interesting stuff out there. I take Armour thyroid and it has made a huge difference. My osteopath does not like the synthetic thyroid meds. Just throwing something out there for you. I would never, ever use that pharmacy again. What the heck????

Flying??!!?? Really??!!?? That would awesome.

Need more plans!!! 50-something days at you are in the magic zone??? Awesome.

Yikes! This is scary. Glad you got it straightened out and are feeling better now.

this trip is in 58

:dogdance: Whoo Hoo! Can't wait to hear more. I still have 175 days but at least I got to do my ADRs a few days ago.

Because this happened a couple of weeks ago:

Yuck, that looks painful. Did the doctor give you any recommendations on how to prevent that? Will sunscreen help? I use SPF 100. I've read that anything about a certain SPF does not make a difference but I will burn with SPF 85 on but not when I use SPF 100. So at least for me it works!

Oh and I know you are still using Photobucket. Do you pay annually for it? If not you are probably going to get cut off soon. Photobucket is upping their fee to $400 for linking pictures. If you do pay an annual fee now you will have till December 2018 before the higher fees kick in. I'm shopping around for a new hosting site now and am going to slowly start redoing all of my old TRs. I think it's going to take me all the way up to that Dec 2018 deadline to get that done!

Oh my gosh! I can't believe they were giving you the wrong med! That is so scary. So glad you were able to get it figured out!!

hey, it's me, popping in for my semi-annual visit............:crazy:

omg that is so crazy about the medication. So glad they got that figured out for you!! :dogdance:

So can you lay out your day plans again? I've been paging through to try and figure out your days and when we might align but I see different plans I think, and your days keep changing? Haha and you said IIIIIIIIIIII needed to get it together!!! :lmao::hug:

Here are my days and ADRs! Finally figured it out!!!!

9/7 - arrival - POR - Disney springs for dinner (my birthday) - we have Bongos Cuban Café right now, could change this.......
9/8 - Magic Kingdom - Chef Mickey's breakfast
9/9 - Epcot - Rose & Crown Pub for dinner
9/10 - Animal Kingdom - Yak and Yeti lunch
9/11 - pool day - Magic Kingdom in evening - I want to go for Flag Retreat since it is Sept 11th - see ya reel soon showed the flag retreat on 9/11 one year and it seemed to be a little extra special
9/12 - Hollywood Studios - Sci Fi dinner
9/13 - Magic Kingdom - I have a late lunch at The Plaza restaurant - BUT was able to snag a BOG dinner reservation for 2 - I'm thinking of a little dinner date for me and my little guy!!
9/14 - departure day :sad:

Let me know when we line up - maybe 9/10 at AK??

OMG! The pharmacy gave you the wrong meds???? for 3 fricking months???? WTH!

Peanut cannot be 5' - I'm 5'.....

Check out my son's blog on You tube - the dayofsteve

Made our fps on Saturday.... We will be arriving on 9/6 - You should post your schedule again, so I can see where we match up.

See this! Didn't take me 3 months for replies!
Go me...

Ish; were north of Detroit so Chicago is a few hours, but we both really wanna go. He's never been and I was a young teen, so it's been like 20 years.

OH! your up there quit aways!
we need to see each other before I MOVE!

Exactly! Cause we needed another reason. :earboy2:

we do.. we always do! ::yes::

I don't, I never will. I spent a small fortune making the most of my employee discount with Nordstrom before it ended so we got outerwear; coats, boots, etc. But I need thermals and gloves and stuff. I did buy a special towel heater, two space heaters and a heated blanket... I might not survive.:cold:

your killing me smalls...

a3e3b17d64e002959bad4180eb32ef4b--college-parties-boynton-beach.jpg

You'll get used to it! not just Chicago but Midwest!

Ugh! She's already starting. Bossy, bossy.

Truth
4697266f7be818c57daa4c4a2d26d01b---year-olds-three-year-olds.jpg

Omg!!! That's insane! Are you sueing?!

:ssst:

Geezus, that's terrifying. I'm so glad it's not that.

I was a nervous wreck! when i found out the truth i was both elated and angry all at the same time!

No such thing after you have children.

good point. But in all honestly i have no clue in who is actually reading this report! LOL..

Can't wait to hear more!popcorn::
I will do just that!

So glad you are doing good Mo. I am not one to stir up the pot, but have you ever googled synthetic (synthroid) thyroid meds vs natural (Armour) thyroid meds. Interesting stuff out there. I take Armour thyroid and it has made a huge difference. My osteopath does not like the synthetic thyroid meds. Just throwing something out there for you. I would never, ever use that pharmacy again. What the heck????

Flying??!!?? Really??!!?? That would awesome.

Need more plans!!! 50-something days at you are in the magic zone??? Awesome.

i have not. Honestly i never really thought much into this. just figured you take the meds and your fine. well I need to actually read up on this disease.

Yikes! This is scary. Glad you got it straightened out and are feeling better now.

getting there.

Whoo Hoo! Can't wait to hear more. I still have 175 days but at least I got to do my ADRs a few days ago.

I am sure you wrote all about this in a PTR right? I really need to get my stuff together .

Yuck, that looks painful. Did the doctor give you any recommendations on how to prevent that? Will sunscreen help? I use SPF 100. I've read that anything about a certain SPF does not make a difference but I will burn with SPF 85 on but not when I use SPF 100. So at least for me it works!

Being on the right medication will help and hydrate..

Oh and I know you are still using Photobucket. Do you pay annually for it? If not you are probably going to get cut off soon. Photobucket is upping their fee to $400 for linking pictures. If you do pay an annual fee now you will have till December 2018 before the higher fees kick in. I'm shopping around for a new hosting site now and am going to slowly start redoing all of my old TRs. I think it's going to take me all the way up to that Dec 2018 deadline to get that done!

WHAT?
I switched over to flicker. 400.00? are they NUTS?
so i have to take down all my pictures from there? They are MY pictures how can they charge me for posting my own pictures?!?!
tell me more please!

Oh my gosh! I can't believe they were giving you the wrong med! That is so scary. So glad you were able to get it figured out!!

tell me about it. I was so scared walking in there!!

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!!!! I must know the details!!! :)

Momentarily

hey, it's me, popping in for my semi-annual visit............:crazy:

well hello there! :wave2:

omg that is so crazy about the medication. So glad they got that figured out for you!!

me too!!!

So can you lay out your day plans again? I've been paging through to try and figure out your days and when we might align but I see different plans I think, and your days keep changing? Haha and you said IIIIIIIIIIII needed to get it together!!! :lmao::hug:

Here are my days and ADRs! Finally figured it out!!!!

9/7 - arrival - POR - Disney springs for dinner (my birthday) - we have Bongos Cuban Café right now, could change this.......
9/8 - Magic Kingdom - Chef Mickey's breakfast
9/9 - Epcot - Rose & Crown Pub for dinner
9/10 - Animal Kingdom - Yak and Yeti lunch
9/11 - pool day - Magic Kingdom in evening - I want to go for Flag Retreat since it is Sept 11th - see ya reel soon showed the flag retreat on 9/11 one year and it seemed to be a little extra special
9/12 - Hollywood Studios - Sci Fi dinner
9/13 - Magic Kingdom - I have a late lunch at The Plaza restaurant - BUT was able to snag a BOG dinner reservation for 2 - I'm thinking of a little dinner date for me and my little guy!!
9/14 - departure day :sad:

Let me know when we line up - maybe 9/10 at AK??

Eh crap i knew someone was going to make me do this..
and i will!

soon..

:rotfl2:

OMG! The pharmacy gave you the wrong meds???? for 3 fricking months???? WTH!

Peanut cannot be 5' - I'm 5'.....

Check out my son's blog on You tube - the dayofsteve

Made our fps on Saturday.... We will be arriving on 9/6 - You should post your schedule again, so I can see where we match up.

Stop.... are you really 5'? You and peanut might just be the same! We will have to see in Sept!

Yeah 3 months on the wrong meds and let me tell you it will really mess with a person!

I did a search on the dayofsteve and all that comes up is Steve Harvey!?:confused3
send me the link?

i will absolutely post all our plans!

In a minute..

I have to post other stuff first and keep you all in suspense- keep coming back for more!

tenor.gif

I am sure you wrote all about this in a PTR right? I really need to get my stuff together .

Nope, no PTR yet. I did add a post about it in my March 2017 TR (the squirrel one). I don't think I'll write a full PTR, just keep adding on to that March one. I've only got the Disneyland TR still going, the other two are done. as of today.

WHAT?
I switched over to flicker. 400.00? are they NUTS?
so i have to take down all my pictures from there? They are MY pictures how can they charge me for posting my own pictures?!?!
tell me more please!

I think it has to do with bandwidth with so many people linking their photos through Photobucket. Yep, if you want to link images from their site going forward, it's going to be $400 a year. Eventually your pictures will no longer show up in all of the TRs that you used Photobucket for. A lot of people here on the DIS have already lost their links. I've used it for every one of my TRs so I'm going to have to go back and change the photos if I want to have them still show up after Dec 2018. I've been looking at Flickr, Imgur and Smugmug. I need to decide which one I want to switch to.

Here's a link to their new pricing structure. You have to have the Plus 500 in order to link you photos

Photobucket Pricing

Last edited:
Alrighty.. It's been a while and i am sure there has been a lot going on that i have missing in your lives. But hope you are all doing well!!!
I promise to get to some reports soon as i KNOW i am so so far behind.. Just know i love each and everyone of you! thank you for sticking with me.. I hope i do the trip report better then i am with this PTR..

But lets talk...
What's been going on? A bunch.. we still are holding our Disney planning nights.. and Yes every one of them last until the lovely hour 3am. We have no ides HOW this happens or why. But it does. The next meeting i am going to take pictures.. with the 15 bottles of wine that goes with it..

1408939053034_wps_70_Grace_Hardy_cleans_up_win.jpg

around 1:30 just when you think it's over they open a new bottle.

giphy.gif

well.... the truth comes out.

tumblr_mjnptdNyhi1qeyljjo1_500_zps46857603.gif

Honestly i come out of these things more confused then going in..

People of the Dis. I kid you not when i tell you I have NO FLIPPING CLUE in what is going on here..
tenor.gif

I am not even going to sit here and tell you how I SINGLE HANDED Planned a trip for 14 people with getting ADR's and FP.

I will get more into the disney planning right after these messages

Welcome back

To as Mo's life turns..
AS you remember she once had very cute SMALL children:

they kept getting bigger without my permission

Let's even fast forward to our VERY FIRST Disney world visit:

things happened you were all there to read about it year after year

As this is showing more and more.. We drink lo and behold we went to Disney again Lucky enough with some amazing friends.

and you all kept reading!!
and my midgets kept on growing.

you stuck with me and cried with me when they took away our beloved Duffy

you helped me in every step with the FIRST surprise trip

and we kept on going to Disney

and you all are keeping up!

well I give you my MONSTERS OF THE MIDWAY

looks like matt should start shaving here! GRRRRRRRRRRRR

there has been a lot going on as you can see

Paint ball

there have been a LOT of BBQ's including these..

Jalapeno hot dogs with cheese.
Make them... just go... make them now

i AM going to leave you here today.. I get to go home in about an hour and I should probably get something done here.

but i do want to thank each and everyone of me new readers and readers i have had for a while now reading along on this rollercoaster of my life!

I can no longer call them my midgets which i have fondly been calling them FOR - SO- LONG

My minions?

Who are all home with that dreaded summer cold..

Once i tell you my one day fun day i will get into the Disney plans!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!