Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

Hey Mo! Guess who's finally made it??? Yep! I've read several pages, but not the whole thing yet. That one day trip sounds exhausting!! And the plane ride down and back...are you kidding me?? You poor thing. I know you missed your family too. But what an opportunity!

I'm so happy you quit smoking!! Hope that's still going okay. And hitting the gym is always a good idea. I need to do that myself!

Dan and I weren't going to go to Disney this year at all, the first year we would miss in a very long time. BUT they other day I saw some really great airline prices (I check flights to Orlando on a regular basis...doesn't everyone???!!) and Dan said, go ahead and book us! I literally started crying! What a dope! I'm not used to booking so late in the game, so it was not without issues, but we're staying at our favorite resort: French Quarter, for 8 days. I'm so excited!! Sorry for the highjack, but I knew you would be happy for us.

I'll go back and read more of your report and try to get up to speed. I see you're going with a crowd this time...always fun. I also want to know more about you moving in a year and a half!! That's huge! I know you've been wanting to get out of your present location for a while.

Can't wait to get the next installment. Have you decided how you'll surprise them yet?? I think it's cute they want to be surprised.

Wow. Whirlwind trip, but sounds fun, except for the flight. I leave in less than a month and I am really hoping I do not get the Disney rash this trip. Not sure how I wouldn't get it though. I have had it every time, so far.

Hey MO! I have been Mia for a few months (by a few I mean 5 or 6 lol) because of going back to school. Loved your one day trip! I have been contemplating doing just that myself to see Pandora since my next real trip won't be until I graduate in 2019. Already planning my gradgitation celibration! Lol! It's gonna be a huge one! 16 days total in fall of 2019 so we can go at Halloween. Hoping maybe a lot more will be open then too.

Flashbacks were so amazing! Peanut and her head tilt pose LOL!

Plane ride home sounds like a nightmare! Bad enough to deal with turbulence let alone big mama!

Sending you a PM... Planning on getting the surprise for the not-midgets done this week since I am on break and need to know where to send them.

No, we usually fly out of Midway on Wednesdays or Saturdays. Those two days usually have low fares.

OH! I see I will have to keep this in mind for the next trip!

I love your day at Disney. Did you ever tell the kids that you were really at MK? I hope the doctor can help you avoid the terrible leg problems before you go back in September.

That woman was a nightmare. The one bad thing about SWA is that the Orlando flights are usually fully booked and there is no where to move when crazy people sit next to you.

NOOOO Never told them it was MK. Never will I try not to talk about this at home at all..
Me too I don't want to deal with that ever again! it hurt! I do have water pills now so i am sure that will help too

Those flights sure are booked! I couldn't believe both flights were packed! On a Thursday! I have had my fill of crazy people on airplanes for a while. THANK GOODNESS my family would rather drive then fly!

So far so good! The people I've been fortunate enough to meet are so kind. And I like how everyone has roots here, so they care about their stuff. The biggest issue I had in Florida, Miami in particular, is that no one cared about anything. I'm a renter, but I keep my lawn trip, I usually plant stuff, I like the house to be nice, ya know, cause I live in it! But most folks in Florida treat stuff they don't own like garbage. Now yeah, I've met folks here like that, but fewer and farther between, minus, my downstairs neighbors. They are the worst kind of people...

Im so glad to hear it's going good! Michigan is such a beautiful state especially in the fall!!!
I do like the house to look beautiful too.. Sadly since i am gone ALL THE TIME between jobs and running these kids around i don't have the time to spend on the outside of the house in a couple of years. and you KNOW the family isn't going to do it.

From what I've read it's part of the resort transport now. Like the boat at WL has a spot, just for folks coming off the boat.

ahhh ha! well this is good news i just hope the poly isn't packed we don't have any issues.

WHAT???? That is some serious Disney gold right there!!

Isn't it? I was so shocked!

Giddy

I can not wait to see that reveal video!

Me too.. I need to make it still

Narrowly escaped that one!

For sure!!

I'm glad he had you to ride with. I hope DD will give Hm another shot, she says she will, but that means basically nothing.

Aww me too!! It's such a fun entertaining ride!!!

ou're kidding! Well, no face characters for that little man! lol!

Nope... Never again with the face characters princesses are scary! LOL

I love doing that. It's generally so rare cause we're so go, go, go, but it's really magical.

It was the best part of that day trip! LOL

Great gifts fo the kiddos! We have a solid magnet collection starting; got one for every state we went through on the trip up here!

That's a fun idea! I might have to do it too! I need a bigger fridge at some point.. LOL

LOL! I can't tell you how many times I've done this sort of thing.

we are terrible.

Wait, it's a store?!? I thought it was a display!! Oh man.:cloud9:

There IS a store!

I want one!

you need it.

Eeyore is my mom's favorite too:eeyore:

I remember being very young and loving Eeyore i always felt so bad for him and his sadness like i needed to care for him.. He has always held a special place in my heart. now i sleep with him every night! LOL he is COMFORTABLE!

OMG! I have felt that when my edema gets bad. Have you tried compression socks?

I haven't
YET.

Seriously? That's crappy, I'd have been in a caca mood from all that business.

oh i was for sure...

WHAT?!? So the passenger comes first? What the hell are you? chopped liver. Nope, nope, nope.

Yes. i apparently wasn't special enough.. I was angry..

Ugh!!! Another reason I hate flying; I always sit next to this person.:crowded:

YES!!! kills me.

You must have been so happy to see your fam bam!

SO SO HAPPY. I don't think i can go there without them again, it was too hard on me.

Yeah? Cause of the meds? What's happening there, btw? All better?

I hope so i have to go in for another blood test.

I'm so glad you had fun! I could see this being something fun with your teenagers.

ugh you called them teenagers. this is killing me softly...

Hey Mo! Guess who's finally made it??? Yep! I've read several pages, but not the whole thing yet. That one day trip sounds exhausting!! And the plane ride down and back...are you kidding me?? You poor thing. I know you missed your family too. But what an opportunity!

OH HOW I MISS YOU!
It was exhausting, and terrible! and i missed my family so so much! I will rather drive any day... Thank goodness the kids like to drive too. it's more of an adventure! you know how we LOVE our adventures!

I'm so happy you quit smoking!! Hope that's still going okay. And hitting the gym is always a good idea. I need to do that myself!

Thank you!! it's ok.. I started taking chantix again because my dumb *** had a few over the block party and now i want them again... GRRRRRRR
I do go everyday and i am not lose a pound but i know it will start and soon,

Dan and I weren't going to go to Disney this year at all, the first year we would miss in a very long time. BUT they other day I saw some really great airline prices (I check flights to Orlando on a regular basis...doesn't everyone???!!) and Dan said, go ahead and book us! I literally started crying! What a dope! I'm not used to booking so late in the game, so it was not without issues, but we're staying at our favorite resort: French Quarter, for 8 days. I'm so excited!! Sorry for the highjack, but I knew you would be happy for us.

OMG! this is such exciting news!!! I AM so very happy for you guys!
Please hijack away!
Awww I love the French quarter sadly we cannot stay there being a big family.. But we are good with POR too. I hope you got everything?
When are you going?

I'll go back and read more of your report and try to get up to speed. I see you're going with a crowd this time...always fun. I also want to know more about you moving in a year and a half!! That's huge! I know you've been wanting to get out of your present location for a while.

Eh your about as caught up as anyone can be with this! HA HA
YES! It took a long time to figure out where to move- so far we have come to TENN next year we plan on going to checking out the neighborhoods and see where we would love to settle down. I am very excited to start a new adventure! and a little nervous!

Can't wait to get the next installment. Have you decided how you'll surprise them yet?? I think it's cute they want to be surprised.

They do. I'm just going to compile the videos i have and add some fun touches. i just need the time to sit and play with them!

??

Wow. Whirlwind trip, but sounds fun, except for the flight. I leave in less than a month and I am really hoping I do not get the Disney rash this trip. Not sure how I wouldn't get it though. I have had it every time, so far.

UGH that flight! it was awful! Do you use sunscreen? also benedryl? Let me know how it goes for you!

Hey MO! I have been Mia for a few months (by a few I mean 5 or 6 lol) because of going back to school. Loved your one day trip! I have been contemplating doing just that myself to see Pandora since my next real trip won't be until I graduate in 2019. Already planning my gradgitation celibration! Lol! It's gonna be a huge one! 16 days total in fall of 2019 so we can go at Halloween. Hoping maybe a lot more will be open then too.

I don't have a lot of time here either so no worries!!
OMG that sounds amazing! and you deserve it ALL!!! i think you should run over there to see pandora!

Flashbacks were so amazing! Peanut and her head tilt pose LOL!

Thank you! how i miss this age!

Plane ride home sounds like a nightmare! Bad enough to deal with turbulence let alone big mama!

It was a total nightmare! i still wake up shivering once in a while!!

Sending you a PM... Planning on getting the surprise for the not-midgets done this week since I am on break and need to know where to send them.

OK i have to go and check!

Quitting smoking has to be one of the hardest things to do...ANY progress you make is great! And don't worry about no weight loss on the workouts. You are getting healthier, which is the main thing. The weight loss will come as a bonus once your body gets in a rhythm. Personally I avoid the scale like the plague! It gets in my head and I obsess over it. I find it better to go by how I feel and how my close are fitting. Keep up the good work! You got this!!

We are going September 19th. I did get most of what I wanted, but no FP for the new ride in Pandora. The one on the back of the banshee? I got the river ride, though. We'll probably wait in line for the other one. I'm very curious about it. We had planned September 6th, but couldn't get decent flights, so switched to later. The crowd levels for the week of the 6th are amazing!! You're going to be flying around the parks!!

Tennessee is beautiful! Picking up and moving is always terrifying. But you and your family are so outgoing and friendly, you'll soon have a new posse of friends to have fun with. Dan and I talk about moving once our parents no longer need us. We were thinking North or South Carolina. (Closer to Disney!!) But who knows what we'll end up doing? We told our kids we would rent a big RV and spend three months with each of them!! Scared them to death probably! HaHa! That would hit Virginia, Florida, Colorado and Ohio, so wouldn't be a bad deal!!

I hope work doesn't drive you too bonkers today. In fact, have a magical day!!pixiedust:

Last edited:
Your trip wrap up the first half was so fun! The flight home, oh my goodness I would have jumped out the emergency exit! I once had a nice gentleman share my seat with me. He at least apologized and was not rude and my friend let me share her seat, still awkward for all three of us. I probably would not have handled the situation as nicely as you. Those cops would have been there for me at the end of that flight. Now the real mystery of the day, did you ever get your backpack back?

Im so glad to hear it's going good! Michigan is such a beautiful state especially in the fall!!!
I do like the house to look beautiful too.. Sadly since i am gone ALL THE TIME between jobs and running these kids around i don't have the time to spend on the outside of the house in a couple of years. and you KNOW the family isn't going to do it.

We don't have time to like garden and stuff, plus my downstairs neighbors are the worst and would likely kill anything I planted. Its funny cause everyone has been great, except them...?

I haven't
YET.

They really help me. I got edema while I was pregnant with Elora, it never fully went away, neither did my giant behind, but I digress. Whenever I get a flair up, or some ankle swelling I wear the sock to bed and I usually wake up all better. Epson salt baths helps too, and make Tom or one of the kids give you and ankle rub.

Holy cow! Large Marge...glad they had people waiting for her at the gate...maybe she will think twice about causing so much drama. And why did they not REQUIRE her to purchase two seats as a person of size??? I do this when I fly. I am a "large marge" physically, definitely not attitude wise, and I always by the second seat. That way I board first, have an empty seat beside me and, if the flight is not totally booked I can get my money refunded (and I try to find flights that are less likely to be booked solid). I thought SWA required larger people to purchase the second seat.

Holy Stalactites Batman! I've been gone for way to long. Now trying to catch up!

Mo how I've missed you but hate to hear all the crap you've been going through.

Sorry been MIA. Time got away from me recently. Work, life, work travel, life, work, work, work. You get the idea.

Hope our paths will cross in September. I need to buy you a drink!

That flight home was a real nightmare. Your poor legs must have hurt already and then to have that woman repeatedly hit them is horrible.
I envy your one day trip to the Magic Kingdom. I'm surprised the keds didn't pick up the railroad trails in the back round. It's the first thing I saw.
I love your new sweatshirt.
Liz

I will come back to replies..
But i have BAD news..

I had to cancel this trip. Plan on moving it to MAY. So it's not totally over right?

Because:
My truck engine blew once again.
I need a new car and need this money to go towards new car. Tom's sister did not give us the money still

Bryan Amy and clan are still going. So that's good.

My wallet went missing yesterday and i had to get all new stuff. Like credit cards and license. need all my work id's well you know how it is..

So let's just say i want this year to BE OVER now.. all my frustration is pretty much over now. Thankfully i am going to reschedule. Sadly it won't be for the kids birthday.. BUT MAYBE i can swing TWO trips??? One in may and one in Sept 2018? I need something fun to look forward to since this ugly black cloud is over my head.

I am still looking for a new car. I just can't believe all these people want a car payment every month. Shocking i know! Honestly i am looking for the lowest payment i can get at this point I am just not ready for yet another car payment.

SO i have to call Disney today to get our name off of everything. and reschedule for possibly the second week of may?

Has anyone gone in may before?

I am so sorry you have to cancel. That sucks!!! We have went at the end of May twice and liked it. In fact it may be cooler than September and you can hit Flower and Garden.

What a bummer! I know I said it already, but I am sorry. Sorry about your car too, I saw you car shopping on Facebook last weekend. No fun!

Awww so sorry Mo!!! I feel so bad that you have to cancel!!! :sad::sad::sad::sad: But totally understand. I feel like you can't catch a break lately!

We all love you and will be here for you whenever you are ready to post more PTR plans! :love:

Aw oh no!

We went the 1st and 2nd week of May this year if you have any questions.

We also might be going in May/Sep next year too so maybe we'll still see you!

Awww Mo, so sorry to hear about your dumb car and change in plans; but you are still going!!! Do you have backup plans for the kiddos birthday? Teenagers and all that have to have a special birthday.

Take care Mo, you have a lot on your plate.

I had to cancel this trip.

Oh, Mo, I just want to cry :( I've seen all your FB posts about the car, etc. and couldn't believe that awful luck. This is one serious black cloud. I hope you have good luck switching things to May. I know this becomes a totally different trip now than the one you were planning. Sending hugs to you!!!

Oh No! :sad: So sad for you guys, I was hoping you would figure a way to go even with the car troubles. I think the only silver lining is that the kids didn't know about the trip so you didn't have to break that news to them.

My heart broke reading report. I hate when life interrupts the good stuff. 2018 is going to rock 'n roll for you. :daisy:

So sorry to hear you have to cancel this trip. We went the last week of April this year - it was hot but not as humid. Florida was going through a drought at the time, so no rain.

We are planning to go the same week next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter