Why does everyone hate the All Stars

I've honestly been planning on staying at ASMusic a couple of times, until they refurbished the rooms at Pop. The rooms at Pop were so worn down, I can't imagine how bad the rooms at the All Star resorts are. Until they get refurbished, I won't even consider staying there. But I am looking forward to staying there some day! I love the Broadway section! We did visit the AS resorts once, and I find them very cute and fun.

I have always wanted to stay in the broadway section and stay in the new rooms at POP. I don't think the rooms aren't worn out or anything, I stayed at sports last year in Feb and the rooms were fine. All the rooms at all the all stars are the same. but the rooms could be more worn out at music.

I have always wanted to stay in the broadway section and stay in the new rooms at POP. I don't think the rooms aren't worn out or anything, I stayed at sports last year in Feb and the rooms were fine. All the rooms at all the all stars are the same. but the rooms could be more worn out at music.

The first time I stayed at Pop (5 years ago I think) my room was terribly run down. It didn't bother me too much, but if I can spend a few dollars more to stay in a brand new room at Pop, that's what I'm going to do.

I found the mattresses at CBR after the refurb so comfortable I am looking into buying one. And we just came back from a week at BC, and the mattresses there were also very comfortable.

Yes, the CBR mattresses are wonderful!

I also liked the new ones at POP and we stay have stayed at the Swan and those are the heavenly beds, I think they are called, and those were super comfy as well.

Although I don’t hate them, my limited vacation time is precious and I want a nicer experience. Moderates are nice, although the pricing is getting crazy. For less than a Value price we have rented a whole house with a pool.

Value rooms are too small, and have paper thin walks.

We stayed at music years ago. It was most enjoyable. The only complaint we had was the noise of cheer leading groups practicing.

We choose not to stay there now because:
1) We need two queen beds to sleep well.
2) We like to be able to walk to parks.
3) We usually stay at the Swan on points. With parking and resort fee, we pay about $50 a night and that is cheaper than any value resort.

No hate, just different priorities.

So after 2yrs watching disney yt videos and a couple months on the dis boards, I have noticed so many people hating on the All Stars. I have stayed at every all star resort and haven't had any problems. We've stayed at movies the most at least 3-5 times (it's one of our favorites). Can I just ask ya'll, straight up, what is the big problem with these resorts? and please don't list the following: tourists, teenagers, school groups, sport groups, etc.
Paper thin walls
Double beds
Rooms so small you have to step outside to change your mind
No coffee makers
Unless things have changed recently, even lower grade of toilet paper

Most I've seen who dislike the All Stars seem to have much more $'s than I do. They compare the All Stars to the moderates and quite often deluxe's. For them, money isn't an issue and they want the niceties that money can buy. For us the Values have been perfect for us. I do not lump them into a Motel 6 type hotel that some who dislike them do. No comparison to me. We do not eat in the food court very often but I've found the All Stars better than many of the moderate and deluxe counter service.
Agreed. We only stay moderate now because it's our cheapest onsite option. (Family of 5.) Otherwise, I'd be perfectly happy at the values. With how expensive park tickets are, I'd rather not dump a ton of money into the hotel when so much of the trip is spent out of the hotel in the parks. As far as noise? Invest in some ear plugs, problem solved!

WOW. OK, I understand that every opinion is just that, your own personal opinion. Well, here is mine. I have stayed at Music every year, twice in 2013, since 2009. I have NEVER had a problem with a bad mattress. I have never observed a dirty food court with food on the floor and condiments missing and the pop stations a real mess. I have been there for Pop Warner football and cheerleaders and dance and cannot say noise ever kept me awake or woke me up. My room was always clean. The CM's at Music were not just nice, I regulary email many of them as I have come to consider them family. I never have to wait for buses. When I walk out there always seems to be one waiting. OK, I admit, I go in February when it is calmer but I will defend Music and have already made plans for my next trip down there on Feb. 25, 2019.

We don't hate the All Stars. We used to ONLY stay at the All Stars when our son was younger. When my DH and I go by ourselves we now always stay at a deluxe. However, if our son (who is now 16) is traveling with us, we always stay in an ASMu Family Suite. We also stay at the All Stars if our oldest son and his girlfriend are traveling with us - we get two rooms at an All Stars. We are building a house near WDW and we have also stayed at an All Star if we need to be there for a quick trip for something house related.

The All Stars serve their purpose. If you are expecting luxurious accommodations you will be disappointed - BUT, I also think if you are expecting luxurious accommodations staying at a Deluxe you might be disappointed as well. Some people are just super picky about where they stay. Our roos at the All Stars have always been clean and comfortable. Some mattresses have been better than others - but that is no different from what we have experienced at Deluxe resorts as well. I do think the rooms are the All Stars are noisier and that you are more likely to hear your neighbor. We typically travel with a small noise machine so it doesn't affect us at all. We also typically don't eat very much at the QS spots at ANY resort so we aren't affected as much by the food court.

In the end, I will always choose staying at an All Stars vs. not staying on WDW property.

I don't hate the All Stars. I've actually never even stayed in one. When we started going to WDW and staying onsite my kids were 9 and 3 and a pool slide was a must. So values were always out of the question. I also like to have a little luxury when on vacation so I've never really looked at the values. I did look at them for two nights prior to us checking into BWV but I got POFQ for not much more than a value so I went with it.

My son stayed at All Star Music last month with his senior trip and he enjoyed it. He didn't do the pool though so I'm sure he didn't notice that there was no pool slide.

Hotels in general are tiered according to amenities, location , luxury etc. and are obviously priced that way also. People "hating" on the All Stars need to remember there is a reason some deluxes are priced as much as 5 times the price per night (or even more). Of course the value rooms will be smaller, the hotels are bigger to accommodate more people so they are noisier, more people means more messes and less seating at food courts. And yes, they are generally further away from most parks, not AK, and the bus stops are the furthest outside the parks. You cannot compare deluxes/moderate/values in terms of amenities but remember you cannot compare the price either! At the end of the day you get what you pay for and that is a choice people are free to make. Yes, you can stay offsite at a better hotel for the same price and that is great for some people but not for us. We love onsite. I feel that the All Stars, and all values really, offer my family everything we need for an enjoyable vacation and bargain prices for being on site with all its perks. We are booked again in June at Music and I cannot wait!

We are staying at Sports next month. Just my two preschoolers and myself so there’s really no need to spend extra money on a mod or deluxe.

Agreed. We only stay moderate now because it's our cheapest onsite option. (Family of 5.) Otherwise, I'd be perfectly happy at the values. With how expensive park tickets are, I'd rather not dump a ton of money into the hotel when so much of the trip is spent out of the hotel in the parks. As far as noise? Invest in some ear plugs, problem solved!

We've stayed mostly at Pop over the years and loved it. Never had an issue with noise. Been quiet but then we do go off season. We stayed at CBR last trip and enjoyed it over Pop or All Stars quite a bit. Only reason we stayed at CBR was it costs only $100 more for a 10 night stay because of the cost to upgrade free dining at a value for 4 adults. Now that free dining is QS for both value and moderates the cost difference is at least $800 for the same 10 night stay. Priced us out of a moderate for our next trip.

Oh and I’ve stayed in all tiers. I don’t find anything terrible about Values. I know when I’m paying less for a value that I’m not going to have the ability to walk to the park or take a monorail or boat so my expectations are going to be different than when I stay at the Contemporary and can walk to MK. I think they are a great way to not spend a ton of money for a room while still getting the perks of staying on-site.

Hotels in general are tiered according to amenities, location , luxury etc. and are obviously priced that way also. People "hating" on the All Stars need to remember there is a reason some deluxes are priced as much as 5 times the price per night (or even more). Of course the value rooms will be smaller, the hotels are bigger to accommodate more people so they are noisier, more people means more messes and less seating at food courts. And yes, they are generally further away from most parks, not AK, and the bus stops are the furthest outside the parks. You cannot compare deluxes/moderate/values in terms of amenities but remember you cannot compare the price either! At the end of the day you get what you pay for and that is a choice people are free to make. Yes, you can stay offsite at a better hotel for the same price and that is great for some people but not for us. We love onsite. I feel that the All Stars, and all values really, offer my family everything we need for an enjoyable vacation and bargain prices for being on site with all its perks. We are booked again in June at Music and I cannot wait!
And the "Amenities Gap" is narrowing with these "recent" additions to the Values:

Fridges
Pool Towels
Full size Hair Dryers
Upgraded Toiletries
Expanded Room Delivery Menu
LARGE TVs and Coffeemakers coming with the Refurbs
24/7 Arcade Access
24/7 Beverage Island access at the All-Stars
Yoga Class at Movies
AoA and POP to be 2 of only 4 Resorts with Gondola service to Epcot/DHS:)

And the "Amenities Gap" is narrowing with these "recent" additions to the Values:

Fridges
Pool Towels
Full size Hair Dryers
Upgraded Toiletries
Expanded Room Delivery Menu
LARGE TVs and Coffeemakers coming with the Refurbs
24/7 Arcade Access
24/7 Beverage Island access at the All-Stars
Yoga Class at Movies
AoA and POP to be 2 of only 4 Resorts with Gondola service to Epcot/DHS:)
Yes, but be prepared for prices to go up once the refurbs and gondola are done. They are going away from the tier system, so ' Values' will be a thing of the past. The individual resorts will be priced separately. So sure AOA/Pop will be even more of a price bump from the All Stars.

Because I can pay marginally more and stay at Pop or Cabana bay.

This from someone whose standards for hotels are probably lower than most

My friend and I stayed at Sports in September. We had no problem with it.

Since we slept in different beds, the full were plenty big enough. The only groups we saw were at the parks. And the food court was immaculate.

I would stay there again, without hesitation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter