Why does everyone hate the All Stars

Yes, but be prepared for prices to go up once the refurbs and gondola are done. They are going away from the tier system, so ' Values' will be a thing of the past. The individual resorts will be priced separately. So sure AOA/Pop will be even more of a price bump from the All Stars.

Being that Pop and especially AOA already cost quite a bit more than the AllStars I imagine their prices after the gondola would be right up there around the least expensive Moderate now. Plus, they are too much in demand to be kept as a value and Disney might find a new named category for them. Even though they have now started refurbs on the AllStars Movies I still see them priced quite competitively afterwards bringing demand up for them. I foresee the AllStars being the only "value" hotels eventually.

I have never had a good night's sleep at ANY value resort. I have "tolerated" them for budget reasons, to indulge my kids, and for random one night stays here and there and I NEVER sleep well. The beds are painfully hard. The noise level is unreal...toilets flushing in all the neighboring rooms, people talking, the doors slamming shut at all hours, people "hanging out" and loudly talking/laughing right outside their rooms like it's a balcony, landscaping noises early in the morning (leaf blowers and mowers).

Then, the foodcourt is a migraine inducer for me. So loud and chaotic, like a school cafeteria.

No coffee makers in the rooms is an insult at that price point.

Smallest bathrooms ever, and no storage space. Tiny rooms in general.

Yes, but be prepared for prices to go up once the refurbs and gondola are done. They are going away from the tier system, so ' Values' will be a thing of the past. The individual resorts will be priced separately. So sure AOA/Pop will be even more of a price bump from the All Stars.

Honestly though, there already is a major price difference between AoA POP and All stars. But I do agree that sadly POP and AoA prices increase after the gondola is up.

I'm wondering if CBR (which was previously the cheapest mod) will also shoot up in price once the renovations are done and the gondola system is up and running. We already have slim pickings as a family of 5 and CBR is one of the few that can accommodate us. :(

I'm wondering if CBR (which was previously the cheapest mod) will also shoot up in price once the renovations are done and the gondola system is up and running. We already have slim pickings as a family of 5 and CBR is one of the few that can accommodate us. :(

I am going to guess it's pretty much a lock that CBR won't be the cheapest Moderate. And it also will be because of the new QS by the Trinidad South Pool, the new Centertown and new waterfront Table Service restaurant along with the gondola system.

I don't hate the All Stars, I just prefer Pop (better location and the All Stars have been showing their age for a while). With renos starting on the All Stars now, Pop might only win out on location.

I stayed at Sports in 2009 and it seemed rundown then, so I think the upcoming renos there are desperately needed.

We did one night at Movies in December and all of our plugs were falling out of the sockets, so that definitely needs some love too.

But I do agree that sadly POP and AoA prices increase after the gondola is up.
And I think the All-Stars will continue to slowly increase their rates especially with the Refurbs coming,the "not a done-deal,but very likely" new Restaurant coming at some point,etc.

If the Gondolas are a smashing success, I could even see an All-Stars/DAK/AKL Gondola route.

It is amazing to think that just a few short years ago,Standard Rooms at the All-Stars could be had at times for $49.00 per night(weekends too!) with the AP Rate!:)

We have stayed in 12 different resorts. Value, moderates, deluxe, and villas. Some multiple times. Where we stay depends on who we're traveling with, how long of a stay and are we concentrating on park time, or do we want resort time, and of course our budget. We've stayed at All Star Sports 4 times and have never had any issues. My husband and I went for a short trip in Nov. '15 and Nov. '16 and we chose to stay at Sports. Had no problems with anything. We could tell the room we stayed in last time was freshly painted. We actually prefer it to Pop where we have stayed 2 times. To me Pop's food court was more of a zoo than Sports due to it being so much larger and so many people. Same with the bus stop. Plus it is so much more spread out than any of the All Stars. Now that Pop will have queen beds instead of doubles that will be an advantage until All Stars follow suit. Any value will have lots of kids but that doesn't bother us. Since our 3 are grown now we actually enjoy seeing the little ones because it reminds us of our early trips when our kids were young. While we LOVE the Beach Club, Poly, BWI and BWV, Wilderness Lodge, the theme park view at the GF, and the 3 bedroom villa at Bay Lake Towers, we still enjoy Disney when we stay at All Stars. Now my daughter is a resort snob and will tell you so but I guess we're just not. Any time we're in WDW we're happy.

If your staying at Value Resorts I would make sure to look at calendar and events to avoid the cheerleading, band, school vacationers etc.
As I get older I love strolling a nice resort but if my vacation was all about the parks (and saving $) I could totally understand the choosing of a value resort.
In 2003 my family of 5 stayed at All Star Sports and enjoyed it but I brought G-ma (which made us 6) and I got us adjoining rooms.

In 2017 while at another resort , we decided to go eat lunch at the food court at Sports (a nice stroll down memory lane since the "kids" are teenagers/adults now). WOW has it all changed! The food court and arcade seemed exactly the same but it seemed overcrowded and almost ganglike. After we hopped on the bus to go back to the park my husband commented how there were sharps containers everywhere (for syringes). Obviously people with medical needs use these also but it was just not pleasant. jmo

***I always liked All Star Sports was the first drop off/pick up with buses though***

The food court and arcade seemed exactly the same but it seemed overcrowded and almost ganglike. After we hopped on the bus to go back to the park my husband commented how there were sharps containers everywhere (for syringes). Obviously people with medical needs use these also but it was just not pleasant. jmo
Are you saying there could have been intravenous drug use going on at All-Star Sports in addition to legitimate medical syringe usage?

Thanks.

We have enjoyed all of our All Star stays, and while there are school groups, we never noticed a gang like atmosphere. Wow- I hope if something like that is present, Disney stops it! You'd think these "room checks" would do some good?? Maybe not.

I'm not sure why you said to not mention groups, because that is a big reason why we aren't fans of All Stars. We have stayed at all of them. Actually, the last time we stayed at Sports was the time when we told ourselves we were never staying in any All Stars again. Uncomfortable full sized beds, stained carpet, stained walls, thick dust, someone else's bra in one of the drawers, cramped food court with limited seating, food court ran out of coffee pretty much every morning, standing outside in the sun in a chained off line for 45 minutes waiting for a bus, only to get on the bus with 30 teenagers screaming, singing loudly, and smacking each other because I guess that's the fun thing to do.

We have enjoyed all of our All Star stays, and while there are school groups, we never noticed a gang like atmosphere.
In around 300 nights at All-Star Sports,the closest thing we have seen to "ganglike" activity was the "Rumble At Surfboard Bay" last July when the Brazil and Argentina 15s had a "Splash Fight" in the Pool!lol:)

But,maybe our Holidays at Sports and the Crips' and Bloods' Holidays at Sports have just never coincided!lol:)

Honestly, feel like it is definitely a great place to visit, movies, sports, and music; but probably not stay. You feel me?

Recently DIS Unplugged reviewed All Star Movies. Pete Werner was even impressed with the resort and he's a self admitted deluxe resort snob. The only thing my family doesn't like about the All Stars is that the room and beds are a bit tight when your family is all adult size.

I was surprised by Pete's reaction, considering his previous comments about the All Star Resorts. I think he said he was the most impressed with All Star Movies compared to the 6 other resorts in the 7 in 7 review, and mentioned that the cast members were top notch.

Our room at Sports was loud. The toilet paper was cheap. The food court ran out of food, as did the drink stations, which were regularly out of ice or soda. The food court didn't feel prepared for large groups, and I feel they should be set up to handle them better since it's very common for big groups to stay there (and then all eat at the same time). There aren't many (any?) quiet places to relax, so when we got back in the evening we just sat in our room.

I felt similarly about our one night at Pop, though, so it's not just the All-Stars for me. I just felt like Pop wasn't prepared for the regular amount of people staying there (for example, every single vending machine we checked was sold out of everything. We finally found one with an orange soda, but no thanks, haha.)

I do like the fact that the lines are more organized, but some shade would be nice.

And I think the All-Stars will continue to slowly increase their rates especially with the Refurbs coming,the "not a done-deal,but very likely" new Restaurant coming at some point,etc.

If the Gondolas are a smashing success, I could even see an All-Stars/DAK/AKL Gondola route.

It is amazing to think that just a few short years ago,Standard Rooms at the All-Stars could be had at times for $49.00 per night(weekends too!) with the AP Rate!:)

ITA with everything you said.

I don’t think everyone hates the All Stars. They are the low men on the Totem Pole of Disney resorts, but if you’re the kind of guest who is in the parks for most of your waking hours, they are fine.

In 2010, I found a crazy airfare for Columbus Day weekend. $75 round trip between Atlantic City and MCO. My son and I went, and I grabbed the All Stars Music for under $100 per night.

We got into Florida late on Friday and used the Magical Express. We spent all Saturday at the Magic Kingdom then all Sunday at Epcot. We arrived at both parks when they opened and stayed until after closing. We were so tired when we got back to the room, we just passed out. If the beds weren’t comfortable, we didn’t notice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter