Why does everyone hate the All Stars

I was surprised by Pete's reaction, considering his previous comments about the All Star Resorts. I think he said he was the most impressed with All Star Movies compared to the 6 other resorts in the 7 in 7 review, and mentioned that the cast members were top notch.

I know! he even stay at resorts like POP and was still the most impressed with ASMo!

I love the All Stars. They are great for trips where I want in your face Disney, and I know I won't be spending much time in the pool. The only thing I don't like about any of the values is how far out the bus stops are at the parks.

I stayed at All Star Music last December. I was trying to keep expenses down because I was treating my sister and niece. (My dd was along for the trip, as well. My dd and I were in one room and my sister and niece in a connecting room.) Our previous trip which was a family trip was a year prior when we stayed at the Poly. I was not looking forward to staying at an All Star, especially having recently stayed at the Poly, but this was going to be a park-centric trip with not much resort time. I had hoped to stay at POP that trip, but couldn't get rooms under the free dining deal. I have to say I was more than pleasantly surprised with ASMu. I had two complications with my reservations (my doing). The front desk cast members were incredible, even giving us anytime FP for our patience as they fixed the issue I caused. The resort grounds were pretty and peaceful--not at all the loud chaos I was expecting. The food court was fine. It didn't stand out as being spectacular, but I had no complaints. The resort room was clean and bright. The bed was comfortable. The resort gift shop was really nice. Oh, and we didn't have any issues with the buses. Overall, the vibe of the resort was a lot more "fun" than the vibe at the Poly.

I think it boils down to expectations and Disney vacation styles. For example, the size of the rooms seem average to me. Every hotel I've ever stayed at such as Best Westerns, Quality Inn, Holiday Inn, etc. the rooms are the same size as the All Stars and I live in a tiny home to begin with. Perhaps people aren't accustomed to this sort of tiny space or they want to pay more $$ to escape their tiny accommodations at home :rotfl:
Also, the people who actually use the hotel amenities such as the pool most likely want an elaborate pool with a slide, etc.

With all that said, I do agree with a previous poster that the negative opinions on the All Stars are definitely hyperbolic and extensive.

If your staying at Value Resorts I would make sure to look at calendar and events to avoid the cheerleading, band, school vacationers etc.
As I get older I love strolling a nice resort but if my vacation was all about the parks (and saving $) I could totally understand the choosing of a value resort.
In 2003 my family of 5 stayed at All Star Sports and enjoyed it but I brought G-ma (which made us 6) and I got us adjoining rooms.

In 2017 while at another resort , we decided to go eat lunch at the food court at Sports (a nice stroll down memory lane since the "kids" are teenagers/adults now). WOW has it all changed! The food court and arcade seemed exactly the same but it seemed overcrowded and almost ganglike. After we hopped on the bus to go back to the park my husband commented how there were sharps containers everywhere (for syringes). Obviously people with medical needs use these also but it was just not pleasant. jmo

***I always liked All Star Sports was the first drop off/pick up with buses though***
As someone that uses those sharps containers, I am glad and I can say that I only found them in the restrooms. I didn't see them "everywhere."

They are also in the restrooms of deluxe resorts, and the moderates, for that matter. Again, something that I am glad for, since I use them.

I've always avoided any values because of the double beds, but I have Pop booked for September to give it a chance. I might still change, because CSR is a little cheaper right now, even without discounts on anything. All of the values are a little too garish for me; I'd rather things be a bit more serene when I return from a day at the park.

I love the All Stars, Music in particular. We have never had a bad stay as far as our room, cast members or food. However I think they need a refurb and I assume that will happen soon.

For years Music was our go to resort when we stayed value. However (and I know you said you were not interested in these reasons but others may be) we stayed during one of the dreaded tour groups in 2010 and that was a game changer. It was awful. I seriously cannot believe how much that changed our outlook on the All Stars.

I also prefer Pop due to the lake. Now that it's just dh and I and sometimes our grown daughter we spend most mornings at the resort and take a walk every morning. The lake path at Pop/AOA is a wonderful place to walk.

As someone that uses those sharps containers, I am glad and I can say that I only found them in the restrooms. I didn't see them "everywhere."

They are also in the restrooms of deluxe resorts, and the moderates, for that matter. Again, something that I am glad for, since I use them.

I think I clearly said medical needs people need them too.

My husband is 25+ years in LE and also did SWAT & undercover narcotics etc
He saw things that I the average guest/person wouldn't at All Star Sports just by people watching. He knows what long term drug use and what certain tattoos mean so I stand by my post when I say ganglike.

Gang has several definitions including a (large) group of people. (I certainly never said the crypts were there and "working" Lol)

Was anything illegal going on that he noticed? Well of course not, else he would of spoke up.

We once stopped at a hotel in NC, and all I saw was a guy with a broken leg speaking to another man at a hotel door.
My husband saw a drug deal going down.

His eyes, my eyes, another guest eyes see different things. JMHO

I stand by my previous post. Take it or leave it. But I'm not staying there. :smooth:

I think I clearly said medical needs people need them too.

My husband is 25+ years in LE and also did SWAT & undercover narcotics etc
He saw things that I the average guest/person wouldn't at All Star Sports just by people watching. He knows what long term drug use and what certain tattoos mean so I stand by my post when I say ganglike.

Gang has several definitions including groups of people. (I certainly never said the crypts were there and "working" Lol)
If you look up gang it also means a group of people

Was anything illegal going on that he noticed? Well of course not, else he would of spoke up.

We once stopped at a hotel in NC, and all I saw was a guy with a broken leg speaking to another man at a hotel door.
My husband saw a drug deal going down.

His eyes, my eyes, another guest eyes see different things. JMHO

I stand by my previous post. Take it or leave it. But I'm not staying there. :smooth:
None of which explains the containers "everywhere."

Well I didn't go into the mens restroom and some other places he did so ..........

If you think Disney can stop intravenous drug use........
The Disney bubble doesn't really exist.
If he saw 5x more men in the restroom disposing of a needle compared to somewhere else he's been I choose not to be naïve and say it's all legal and medical.

I'm not going to argue this.
And yes poor, middle class and rich people are addicts too.

I've always avoided any values because of the double beds, but I have Pop booked for September to give it a chance. I might still change, because CSR is a little cheaper right now, even without discounts on anything. All of the values are a little too garish for me; I'd rather things be a bit more serene when I return from a day at the park.

Pop refurbed room s have Queen beds and they are SO comfy. Better than the beds at the Poly, AKL and WL.

Although I don’t hate them, my limited vacation time is precious and I want a nicer experience. Moderates are nice, although the pricing is getting crazy.

This! My vacation time at WDW is precious...we do not take quick trips throughout the year. When I am there with my family I like larger rooms with better amenities. We use our resort as part of the vacation. We are not using the room to sleep and shower only, so I want a step up in accommodations.

I have never been a fan of the bold theming of the All Star resorts or the food court only option, so it is very unlikely we will ever stay there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!