Why doesnt disney add the bus times on your tv?

dclpluto

DIS Veteran
I think it will be so nice if disney has the bus times on your Hotel tv. It will be easy for disney to do this. The only reason I can think of why they haven't done this is for safety. A family running down the halls trying to make the bus. This could easily be done on their app also.

That would be a great idea! I would love to know the bus schedule without being at the bus stop.

There is no set bus schedule. Times change all the time based on demand and where they route/reroute buses.

Having someone make a decision on when to leave the room based on bus arrival times that really aren't all that accurate sometimes is a bigger headache than I'm sure they'd like to deal with.

The only reason I can think of why they haven't done this is for safety. A family running down the halls trying to make the bus.

I can think of another: potential angry guests that think those bus times will not change once they see them on the TV or App.

I have walked up to the bus stop and expected a 15 minute wait and had the wait time change to where I only waited 5 minutes. I have also walked up to the bus stop expecting only a 7 minute wait and had it changed to where I was waiting 20 minutes.

I think they should have it on the MDE app, not necessarily the in-room TVs.

Those bus times change SO frequently...I can't see what benefit it would add unless you were physically AT the stop. If you see "20 minutes" and think - "great, I have time to use the bathroom/grab a snack/tie my shoes", but then the bus around the corner suddenly becomes available 3 minutes later, that is the bus that is coming. The 20 minute bus might be dispatched somewhere else, then.

I don't believe this would be something easy to do. Sending dynamic information to a TV is not a simple task unless that TV has an internet connection. Even if they did, having every TV constantly connected would eat up a lot of bandwidth for very little benefit.

We are talking about disney. This will be easy for them.

Easy or not, I think it's a recipe for disaster. The buses run on a fairly loose schedule....every 20 mins or so. We now have monitors at the resort bus stops. I have listened to guests whining and fussing because the arrival times keep changing. I can imagine the angst when a guest, in their room, saw that the bus to MK is arriving in 10 mins, so they all get their stuff and head out. They get to the bus stop, only to find the bus arrived a little early and had just pulled away. And no...the bus isn't going to sit there and wait until that stated time to leave. The schedules are very fluid...they can, and do, change by fairly substantial amounts of time.
I think guests should be satisfied with the monitors that are at the bus stops. Otherwise, there's just too much room for error. And distress.

I've found those bus times to be unreliable. One time it said an AK bus was coming in 10 minutes, it ended up being 30.

Anyone that has tried to do anything online with Disney over the past day or so will tell you that IT and Disney is not a match made in heaven. For some reason, they just can't get it done!!
And those bus arrival boards? Because there is traffic out there, and traffic lights, there is no way to be 100% spot on when dealing with arrival times. I have sat and watched as bus after bus arrived, to parks I had no interest in going to. While I sat and waited for my bus to MK! The time changed by almost 30 mins from the time I arrived. First it said one thing, then 10 mins was added. Then shortened by 5 mins. Then increased by 10, then another 10!!! I sat there for about 35-40 mins!!! Was about 15 mins late for my ADR! I know full well how to use the transportation, I had planned correctly, leaving about an hour to get to MK from OKW at 10:30, for an ADR at 11:45. When Disney says to plan on 90 mins? Yeah, they need to cover their collective behinds, just in case it does take you more than an hour.
So, no....having arrival times on your TV is a recipe for disaster!!!

We are talking about disney. This will be easy for them.

Hardly, assuming you're serious. Disney has some of the worst IT I've ever seen. Since its inception their web site has bad, at best. They don't pay very well and have dozens of web programming positions all the time. Even Imagineers don't make top salaries for being in the tech field.

Hardly, assuming you're serious. Disney has some of the worst IT I've ever seen. Since its inception their web site has bad, at best. They don't pay very well and have dozens of web programming positions all the time. Even Imagineers don't make top salaries for being in the tech field.

Well it’s coming to the app. If you don’t trust them because they make very little don’t use it.

Well it’s coming to the app. If you don’t trust them because they make very little don’t use it.
It's not a matter of trust. I'm just saying it won't be easy for them to do. They eventually accomplish what they want to do but history shows that their IT is iffy. But you get what you pay for when hiring developers. A friend here at work, a PhD in electrical engineering and masters in robotics was offered a job in Imagineering at the time he came where I work in here Maryland. Essentially the same salary. The cost of living in Los Angeles made taking the Disney job a non starter. And cost of living here is not exactly cheap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts