Why doesn't Portofino have a Club Level?

taylor1293

Do you want to build a snowman?
I thought I read somewhere on this board that they used to but don't any longer.

But I can't remember why? :)

Teresa

I have been wondering this too as Portofino is their main resort!!!!

Anyone?

Portofino Bay never really had a "club level" like HRH and RPR do. For a very short while they offered a Villa Club Lounge for anyone staying in a suite or villa room. These guests had similar amenities but also entitled them to exclusive access to the Villa pool and bocce ball courts, their own concierge desk and the cabana's were just for these guests as well.

After doing away with this they opened the cabanas to all guests as well as the villa pool.

Aside from this they also had 24 hour butler service for all that booked a Villa Suite. The price tag was hefty and I'm thinking they closed it down to restructure a club level that will be similar to HRH and RPR. I'm guessing they will use the deluxe poolview rooms that changed names after closing their concierge service level.

I cant wait to see what they have in store!

I guess I will be staying at Portofino in 2005 as well!!!!!!

Glad to hear it's coming back!!!!

I hope Portofino does away with the chips ahoy and oreos

That bugs me on so many levels that they offer that on club level! I hope if and when Portofino does this we do not see those cookies either but instead the fresh baked ones we always get at Portofino!

Thanks everyone :)

Jessica - thanks for the explanation! Guess that means we'll just have to go back in 2005 to try it out ;).

Teresa

It should be interesting. Second vote for no chips ahoy, not that I don't like them, but that is not club level food. I would like some cannoli's though!!! LOL...;)

I left my cannoli's in my old italian neiborhood.What area did you pick up this love for the italian pastries spidey hulk?

I will also start trying other resorts after my next HRH stay but then why mess with what fits you.

Tigger,

When I lived in NY we lived in Queens, but there was this one italian bakery in Woodhaven where we lived that had the best cannoli's. I miss them. I had them once here, but it was NOTHING like the ones in NY.

Bronx Guy myself for 26 years and now on the jersey shore.(Long Beach Island).

My next stay will be in a club room.
I go up to the 7th floor any how and they never say anything. I go in with someone else and start talking like im with them and act like I belong.I even made freindly chat with some of them while checking other peoples roomcards.
tiggerguy2000

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter