Why don't I feel excited?

rigsby25

DIS Veteran
After all the waiting, and then my check & docs being lost and having to be replaced, etc., I would think I would be more excited than ever. I found out we closed yesterday and that we should be in the system by November 4. Strangely, I don't feel happy or excited. Did the waiting kill it for me?

I have a reservation at CBR for November 11 - 14. What are my chances of calling on November 4 and asking if ANYTHING is available ANYWHERE for a studio or 1 bedroom? Can I cancel the CBR reservation and get my money refunded?

ginny

I am pretty sure you can cancle your CBR ressie but do so after you see if there is room at DVC. I would think there would be.:)

I agree...that early in November you probably have a great chance of getting a DVC villa somewhere at WDW.

As for being excited, I think that it is a drawn out process especially in your case. But don't worry....as soon as you have your first stay, you'll know you made a good decision and your vacations will be so much better than before.

Enjoy your trip! :)

Originally posted by rigsby25
After all the waiting, and then my check & docs being lost and having to be replaced, etc., I would think I would be more excited than ever. I found out we closed yesterday and that we should be in the system by November 4. Strangely, I don't feel happy or excited

Sometimes the hunt is more fun than the kill (This is Rhetorical. I don't favor killing bambi). I know that for us planning is part of the excitement.

I think you will be in the system before November 4. I would start calling today. You never know, you might get lucky. Then the fun will really start for you.

HBC

I agree, call MS now. We closed on a Friday and were in the system on Tuesday---another person on this board closed Friday and was in the system by the following Monday.

I bet, when you finally check in at a DVC resort, the excitement will be there again.....:earsboy:

I am reasonalby sure that you will be as excited as ever, soon! We bought last fall, but not in time to make ressies for Halloween weekend, so we stayed at the Dolphin. No matter where you stay this next trip, I'll bet you get a giddy smile when you pass your home resort! I know we did!

Bobbi:D

You can try, but I have been calling for those dates and can't get anything! I'm at CBR from 11/11-11/14. That weekend is Super Soap weekend, so everything is booked. Never hurts to try though.

Welcome home!:wave:

Sounds like you've just had it with all the aggravation. Once you have your first DVC stay you'll feel excited again!

It comes and goes. Like anything. (Have you stayed at a DVC resort yet? That may be the problem.) It'll be back.

:earsboy: Welcome Home!:earsboy: :earsboy:

Thanks for the Welcome Homes. You all made me feel better. I jumped up and called MS, but they are closed. (Its 5:30 here so I guess its 6:30 there). I'll be sure and try tomorrow though. Lets keep trying Lillasmom!

Let us know what you find out. I can't move my reservation but you should at least try. I would love to know what you hear. I'm actually looking forward to checking out CBR. I have never been there, so it will be an adventure.

Good luck! :wave:

I called every day, and finally, Friday we were showing in the system. The good news is we're in the system, the bad news is that there is no studio or 1-bedroom available anywhere, and the hopeful news is, the very sweet and understanding Melissa at MS told me to keep trying. I'm going to keep trying so I can use the points that we have for 2004. (49) So please everone - send some pixie dust this way for me!

Pixie Dust 4 U:

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Originally posted by rigsby25
I called every day, and finally, Friday we were showing in the system. The good news is we're in the system, the bad news is that there is no studio or 1-bedroom available anywhere, and the hopeful news is, the very sweet and understanding Melissa at MS told me to keep trying. I'm going to keep trying so I can use the points that we have for 2004. (49) So please everone - send some pixie dust this way for me!

:wizard: Here's more pixie dust! Good luck! :wizard:

I am so glad that I called Disney Travel first this time though. They said they wouldn't be able to cancel without a penalty and also, I had to cancel the whole reservation - not just the hotel part, which would take away our air line tickets. So its okay - I'll stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort this time. I think we will try to take a small trip in February. Is that a popular time? Does anyone know how the weather is in mid-February? The kids are off for President's day, and we don't mind taking them out a day or two extra. We want to use those 49 points by June and we were not planning on another Disney trip this year. So I guess a small getaway would be nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter