Why is Disneyworld.com so horrible?

pup975

Earning My Ears
I've done multiple trips over the last 7 years or so, and can't for the life of me figure out why Disneyworld.com gives you so many errors! Trying to plan out this vacation coming up, I can't tell you how many times I have seen the Stitch error. Disney is such a huge company that it would seem like they would have invested the money to get a working website by now. This past week, I had multiple Stitch errors trying to view menus at restaurants on the website. My latest issue is I purchased a Memory Maker using account that has my reservation, but the Memory Maker purchase isn't linked to the account and can't be linked. I called the technical help who said they can't figure out what's going on as the purchase isn't linked to anything else but can't be linked at this time. He escalated my issue to another technical support area. I asked him about the menu issue I was having, and his response was jokingly, "Oh, we have so many issues here." It gave me a good laugh to know that the tech support feels my pain. Luckily, I only have to do this when I'm taking vacations. They have to deal with it on a daily basis. It almost feels like they are too intertwined in their current awful website that they bought 10 years ago that it would cost way too much money to fix it.

I can't say I've experienced "errors" as much as I've experienced glitching. What I mean is, I've never experienced the website shutting down as a whole, I've experienced glitches, like when I originally booked our stay at AoA and then switched to Coronado, both reservations were in my Disney experience....but it wasn't a huge deal. It got fixed.

So, I know this isn’t a good excuse at this point because it’s been bad for so long now, but they try to do soooooo many things with the same website and at the same time make it easy for basic computer users to use.

I hear ya! It surprises me that it glitches. Have Annual passes. I am admin for the MDE acct so I can see everything.

I added two non expiring 10 day passes that have Only water park passes left ..to MDE,
Got messages for each one ( 2 people have them).
It says Success, the passes have been Linked, however it does not say what passes there are available.
I asked at concierge at POR, at Check in here, at counter at AK, who then sent me to guest services at AK.
They all said, yes I have them but have no idea why the days available don’t show for me. I asked for print out and ALL said they didn’t have availability to do so
??? So, my Annual passes expire next week, Ill keep these bands ... and have No proof of either of our water park days, Crazy!

I may try one last time tomorrow at concierge before checkin out!
( I think I may have the actual hard passes back home , hoping so)
Was told the passes last used ‘13 for water and all park days when bought ‘08 , non expiring.

I've done multiple trips over the last 7 years or so, and can't for the life of me figure out why Disneyworld.com gives you so many errors! Trying to plan out this vacation coming up, I can't tell you how many times I have seen the Stitch error. Disney is such a huge company that it would seem like they would have invested the money to get a working website by now. This past week, I had multiple Stitch errors trying to view menus at restaurants on the website. My latest issue is I purchased a Memory Maker using account that has my reservation, but the Memory Maker purchase isn't linked to the account and can't be linked. I called the technical help who said they can't figure out what's going on as the purchase isn't linked to anything else but can't be linked at this time. He escalated my issue to another technical support area. I asked him about the menu issue I was having, and his response was jokingly, "Oh, we have so many issues here." It gave me a good laugh to know that the tech support feels my pain. Luckily, I only have to do this when I'm taking vacations. They have to deal with it on a daily basis. It almost feels like they are too intertwined in their current awful website that they bought 10 years ago that it would cost way too much money to fix it.
I know the website is slow and kind of hard to navigate for people who don't use it a lot but I've never experienced "glitches" or the website shutting down. I would check your wifi and your computer if I were you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter