Why is there no self serve refillable mug area at BWI/BWV?

WDWorld2003

DIS Veteran
Wonder why Disney has never put one in at BWI/BWV. It seems it would be far easier on the staff and would definitely eliminate a lot of extra garbage since they provide cups instead of refilling the mug. I was hoping the refurb of the Luna pool would provide an area but apparently not.

I realize they are usually connected to a store or quick service area so maybe that's the hold up :confused3 Are they the only DVC that does not have an area?

There are rumors that there will be one in the redesigned Boardwalk Bakery which is now under construction.

Wonder why Disney has never put one in at BWI/BWV. It seems it would be far easier on the staff and would definitely eliminate a lot of extra garbage since they provide cups instead of refilling the mug. I was hoping the refurb of the Luna pool would provide an area but apparently not.

I realize they are usually connected to a store or quick service area so maybe that's the hold up :confused3 Are they the only DVC that does not have an area?

There are rumors that there will be one in the redesigned Boardwalk Bakery which is now under construction.

That's what I heard too. There will be a seating area plus a self serve station. There was no room in the old bakery plus you would have had the issue of people helping themselves to refills using paper cups from the boardwalk stands.

That would be great. I thought if they did put one in it would be in the confines of the hotel so everyone who visits the Boardwalk area didn't use it. I also thought it would be closer to the pools.

Either way, I'll be glad to see it :-)

We were there a few weeks ago and the staff at the temporary Bakery confirmed there were be a refillable mug station in the new Bakery :banana:

Also, the bartender at Leaping Horse Libations stated they may be getting a refillable mug station.

We were there a few weeks ago and the staff at the temporary Bakery confirmed there were be a refillable mug station in the new Bakery :banana:

Also, the bartender at Leaping Horse Libations stated they may be getting a refillable mug station.

They really need one by the pool... I don't understand why they don't have one. :confused3

I read the same thing recently. I am very happy about it, and it really is about time!! :)

Cost is the main reason for not having more stations. It costs money to install the required equipment and you need to have the space and someone to switch out the syrup and CO2.

Disney also knows that the more stations that they provide for people using the refillable drink mugs, the more it will cost Disney.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter