Why Not Make It Three??? Or maybe FOUR?!?!? Or just MAYBE FIVE!!!!!

HEY Stranger!!! Its so good to see life has treated you well! I remember the 1st trip planning for camping when Disney had been on the backburner for so long. I can't wait to follow along and see what goodies you get into <3

Hey! long time no hear! We are doing well...hope you all are too!

I see you have a ticker for June 2020...that is when our third trip of our Annual Pass Extravaganza is supposed to be taking place too!

This last trip opened our eyes to a lot of things about the way we now travel and how many changes are happening at DIsney World so we'll see what comes of the next two...glad to have you along!

We're home...and not happy about it!

We had a great, HOT, a little wet, sometimes nerve-racking, super fun trip!

We found things we new things we like and old things we do not enjoy as much anymore. Some new things we did not like and some old things we still love.

I am back at work today, Cary had to go last night. Tyler is off till Thursday and Skye picked up her schedule for SOPHOMORE YEAR yesterday! She does not start school until August 19th though so she still has almost two weeks to go. She may be making a change come the first week of classes though. She has Athletic Performance Training, Principals of Biomedical Science, Honors Advanced Algebra, Spanish 2, lunch/advisory, Honors English 2, and Honors Chemistry. She was hoping to get lunch 5th hour so she could do Concert Choir during lunch but at this time there is not really any way to do it so her counselor told her to come in on the third day of school and maybe something will open up. She is in the after school by audition choir but she really wanted Concert Choir but does not want to break up her Spanish sequence to get it and wants to explore more in the field of study she intends to go into so if worse comes to worse, she will be curricular choir-less this year.

We are still doing laundry and cleaning up from unpacking but otherwise I should be starting the first trip of this report shortly!

SOOOO...Friday, July 27, 2019...

Skye and I got up just as if it were any other day of summer. We got ready and i dropped her at school at 7:30am. The car was packed except for the small suit case where the toiletries were going. I had to stop at Walmart before going back home because i needed some new media for my camera. I also grabbed silicone straws that i noticed on an end cap while walking through.

I got home and the boys were ready and waiting. We drained the cooler (we had iced it the night before with drinks) and I packed up the sandwiches and any cold food we had into the little cooler. That gave us enough time to get the last minute stuff in the car, stop for ice and gas at the local Speedway at 8:50am ($45.00) and get to school to pick Skyler up. She was done with her final as we were pulling in but the teacher would not release them until they were all done. So at 9:05am, Skyler came out and we started on our way south.

We decided to go through Illinois rather than cut over to Indiana and I think I like this route better. It avoids I80 traffic and Indianapolis (which is the only rush hour we usually worry about other than Atlanta where I think it is rush hour all day long!). It was 74 degrees out when we left Joliet. We had gotten a much earlier start than we planned on but at 9:18am we his the start of a freight train crossing!!!! So we got a whole 13 minutes away from home before we were stopped...not looking good!

Sometime in here Skyler decided she was hungry so pulled out the vaggie tray.

IMG_5055.jpg

And she pulled out tortilla chips to go with it. Our first potty break was at 10:35am at Main Line Station Rest Stop...it was now 80 degrees.

They had working pay phones...

...and a little playground...

IMG_9048.jpg

We had one of our window decorations on he dashboard so I would not get messed up.

IMG_9049.jpg

We got back on the road and around 11:43 am we stopped at a McDonalds in Matoon, IL for another bathroom stop (it was 84 degrees out now).

We happened upon a really cool rest stop in Rend Lake, IL at 1:18pm where we walked around a bit.

IMG_9054.jpg

IMG_9056.jpg

IMG_9059.jpg

IMG_9060.jpg

IMG_9062.jpg

IMG_9063.jpg

IMG_9064.jpg

IMG_9065.jpg

IMG_9066.jpg

IMG_9067.jpg

IMG_9068.jpg

IMG_9069.jpg

This stop was about 274.1 miles from home. We stayed there a little bit and we took off at 1:35pm...it was 89 degrees outside.

Last edited:
Around 2:45pm we needed gas and happened to be near Metropolis, IL! We have been wanting to see Metropolis since we saw it on some show...I want to say it was on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives a while ago but that does not sound right so not sure about that.

IMG_5077.jpg

So we stopped for gas at the BP (345.2 miles / $53.00)...then continued on to see the city. At 3:00pm we arrived in Superman Center...it was 89 degrees here.

IMG_5079.jpg

IMG_5078.jpg

IMG_9075.jpg

IMG_9076.jpg

IMG_9079.jpg

IMG_9081.jpg

IMG_9083.jpg

IMG_9084.jpg

We checked out the gift shop but we did not go through the museum. It was only $5 each to go through but we did not want to take the time right now. The gift shop had a lot of super hero stuff. Cary bought a Deadpool wallet, we got a magnet, and the kids got key chains.

IMG_5086.jpg

We left Metropolis at about 3:20pm. It was a cool city and we would love to go back someday and see the museum.

Last edited:

At 3:28pm we were entering Kentucky.

IMG_5089.jpg

We were entering Tennessee at 4:37pm.

IMG_5092.jpg

We got stuck in traffic in Nashville, TN at 5:29pm for a rolled over semi in the other direction (93 degrees). We started moving again at 5:59pm and it was 91 degrees).

We stopped for a potty break again at 7:00pm in Monteagle, TN where it was 77 degrees out.

We entered Georgia at 7:42pm...

IMG_5103.jpg

...entered Tennessee again at 7:45pm...

IMG_5105.jpg

...and then we hit traffic in Chattanooga, TN around 7:54pm due to a semi vs pick up truck that looked like the top of the pick up had to be removed to get the person out. The ambulance left without sirens and from the look of the pick up truck, the driver would have been lucky to have gotten out alive.

We stopped for gas in Calhoon, GA at 9:01pm (it was 75 degrees / $38.00).

We hit traffic again in Jackson, GA at 10:47am (80 degrees) and saw these guys...

IMG_5119.jpg

At 12:11am we stopped at Rest Stop #14 in Dooley County. After this stop Skye finally fell asleep, Tyler slept most of the trip. We entered Florida at 1:44am (73 degrees). At 2:42am we stopped for gas at Bob's Fuel in Alachua, FL ($45.01).

At 3:41am we stopped at the Ocala Rest Stop because I just needed to rest a while...and we were on schedule to arrive really early and would have to waste time somewhere so now was as good a time as any. We pulled in, put on Nightmare Before Christmas and I dosed about an hour and a half.

At 5:28 am we left the rest stop (it was 73 degrees). We arrived at Double Tree at 7:00am.

IMG_9093.jpg

I knew it would be too early to get a room but we wanted to check and we also wanted to leave our luggage rather than it sitting in the car at Disney Springs. So we went in and I was told the room i requested online was not available now and the people in the room had not checked out yet. But if I was willing to change she could guarantee one would be ready at noon. So I was good with that. We left the luggage, Tyler changed, and we headed out.

IMG_9096.jpg

IMG_9097.jpg

IMG_9098.jpg

Last edited:
After we dropped off our stuff we headed back to the van. It seemed a bit far for a walk and we had not noticed on our way in if there was a side walk all the way to Disney Springs. We did find later that there is a sidewalk that goes all the way to the stairs and overpass from the Double Tree to Disney Springs but it does wind a bit and it is not just around the corner!

We parked in the just about empty Lime Garage because it was the first one we cam to from the hotel. If you park on the first floor you have to go up to the second floor and then down again to the ground level. Since we had such ease of arrival we were walking into a nearly empty Disney Springs quickly!

We headed past the Lego Store...

IMG_9105.jpg

IMG_9107.jpg

IMG_9110.jpg

IMG_9111.jpg

IMG_9112.jpg

Stitch was spitting but Skyler could not make him spit on her!

IMG_9114.jpg

We arrived at Breakfast about 8:50am so we had a little time to waste before it opened. There was another family in front of us waiting to get in.

IMG_9121.jpg

IMG_9122.jpg

We took bathroom breaks and tried not to sweat too much! It was already really HOT out! At exactly 9am, the doors were opened!

IMG_9123.jpg

We had decided what we wanted by the sign outside while we were waiting.

IMG_9120.jpg

We all went to order, grab out pops, and sat at our favorite table here!

IMG_9124.jpg

Lemonade, Diet Coke, Coke, and Coke.

The waitress brought us table ware and condiments...they have plastic straws here...LOVE IT!

IMG_9129.jpg

I had the

Belgian Waffles
seasonal fresh Fruit, Maple Syrup and Whipped Cream

IMG_9125.jpg

Skye was going to share with me. This was ok. It was not very hot. It could have used more whopped cream and fruit really. But the flavor was good and we enjoyed it enough!

Skyler ordered the

Classic Breakfast

Scrambled Eggs, Bacon or Sausage, Crispy Potatoes, Sourdough or Whole-Grain Toast

With sausage and sourdough toast. She picked the chives off of the eggs before eating them but otherwise she ate almost all of this! The potatoes are really good, they just need salt. The toast was not hot and the butter was cold so it was not the best combination bit some if it did get eaten.

IMG_9126.jpg

Tyler ordered the

Classic Breakfast

Scrambled Eggs, Bacon or Sausage, Crispy Potatoes, Sourdough or Whole-Grain Toast

...with Bacon, Sourdough toast, and extra eggs instead of the potatoes. His eggs were steaming hot but his bacon was ice cold so the waitress took it back and bought him new bacon. It was quite a bit of bacon compared to Skye's two sausages but it was crispy and hot so he wasn't sharing! He did not even mind the chives on his eggs.

IMG_9127.jpg

We also got…

Classic Breakfast

...with sausage and sourdough toast. It was good!

IMG_9128.jpg

Skye shared her potatoes with me and they were really good. Skye shared my waffle and there was plenty for everyone! Our waitress brought us refills a couple of times but otherwise we did not need her. The place filled up by the time we were leaving in about 20 minutes.

Our total was $67.21 and it was all very good and worth the trip! I don't know if I'd go out of my way to eat breakfast here bit if in the area at the time, it would definitely be an option!

Last edited:
At 10:33am we were back at the Double Tree...it was 82 degrees outside. We checked on the room but it was not ready yet. So we continued on with our plan and headed to the pool. We changed in the pool locker room. It all looked a little old, needed a bit of work but it was a pool and it smelled clean.

IMG_9133.jpg

And it was pretty empty. Tyler has an issue with swimming lately...I think he is self conscious about his size now...college and no football and lots of video gaming does not keep you in very good shape! So we were excited to get into the pool...but it was COLD!!!! Like uncomfortably cold. So we attempted but there was no way to have fun in there. Tyler went to explore the hotel and we changed to the hot tub...which was exactly the opposite. So with the heat outside and the heat of the tub, we did not last too long. Tyler came back around 11:30am and said he checked at the desk and our room was ready but they would not give the information to him because his name was not on the reservation. So I checked my texts and i had just received a text that our room was ready. We all dried off and headed into the desk and when we got there she said there was a mistake and it was not ready but was being cleaned right now so check back at noon. So we went back outside and sat by the party room near the pool.

IMG_9134.jpg

At just about noon we headed back to the desk and got our room assignment. We were in room 714...and it was a great room!

IMG_9136.jpg

IMG_9137.jpg

IMG_9138.jpg

IMG_9139.jpg

IMG_9140.jpg

IMG_9141.jpg

IMG_9142.jpg

IMG_9143.jpg

And the view...

img_4467.jpg

img_4468.jpg

IMG_9135.jpg

IMG_9144.jpg

IMG_9145.jpg

Tyler went to grab the few things we did not store and to tip the luggage guy (we did not have any cash when he brought up our stuff). He told him he really appreciated it and that he does not get much tips there and if we needed anything to let him know! And he gave him four bottles of water(we got two with the room per day).

Over all, we all really liked the Double Tree and we would not hesitate to stay here again if we were not staying on property.

Last edited:

We unpacked for the two nights we were going to be there and we watched Blocked that we had "rented" downstairs (The Double Tree has free on demand movies) and I took a two hour nap...WE NEVER NAP IN DISNEY!!! After our downtime we headed back to Disney Springs.

img_4497.jpg

img_4498.jpg

img_4499.jpg

img_4500.jpg

IMG_9149.jpg

Our goal was to shop around and sample some food and enjoy just being there!

Our first stop was Frontera Cocina. We walked around the back near the bridge and there is a take out window there. Tyler and I got three tacos to taste.

We were able to grab a table with a few chairs to eat at. There are only a few tables back there but walking and eating tacos do not mix.

img_4473.jpg

img_4471.jpg

img_4472.jpg

We got 2 Beef Barbacoa Tacos and one Green Chili Chicken Taco. They all came together in the same tray and with one container of sauce. There were all really good. We agreed the beef was more tender and was our favorite but the chicken has more seasoning and flavor. We all (well except Skye because her extent of Mexican is Cheese Empanadas and Quesadillas) decided we'd like to eat here (inside) some day! It was 4:26pm and our total was $11.19...not too bad for a snack!

Last edited:
Hi! Following along on your adventures! Looks like they’re off to a great start... great pictures! We’ve stayed at the Doubletree and liked it too. And I have to tell you, that autograph book looks amazing!! :)

We moved on over the bridge. The balloon was flying almost the whole time we were there...it is really cool to see. Although I did like it better when it had the character silhouettes on it.

img_4474.jpg

img_4476.jpg

We came across Morimoto Asia Street Food. I have made and cancelled ADRs here many times. I am always afraid he kids will not find anything to eat here and be disappointed...although I have heard it is very neat inside! So we decided to stop at the Street Food counter.

img_4479.jpg

There are not many tables over here. There are more than at Frontera though! We all decided what we wanted and the Skye and I sat while Tyler waited in line...and there was a line!

img_4477.jpg

img_4478.jpg

img_4480.jpg

img_4481.jpg

img_4482.jpg

img_4483.jpg

img_4484.jpg

Skyler got the
Popping Boba Tea

Organic Green Tea with Citrus and Ginko or Pekoe Black Tea with choice of Boba Flavors

But it was Kiwi flavored with Mango bobas...I think. They also has a Strawberry one too...nit sure that the ones on the menu online were actually options.

img_4487.jpg

img_4485.jpg

It was really well balanced and not too sweet. She was happy she did not go with her old standby - strawberry. There were a ton of bobas in there too!

We ordered three other things.

img_4486.jpg

I loved the way they were all boxed up in cute little boxes.

We got the…

Shrimp Tempura Roll

Lettuce and Cucumber

img_4488.jpg

img_4491.jpg

img_4493.jpg

It was a different kind of presentation and we were surprised it did not fall apart when eating it. It was really good and fresh too! The kids wont eat sushi so I ate most of this!

Tyler ordered the

Morimoto Baby Ribs (3 pcs)
Pork Ribs, Cilantro and Hoisin Sweet Chili Glaze

img_4489.jpg

He loved them! Skyler did too! I had one little taste and they were fall off the bone tender. Tyler would have loved 4 more orders! So I guess I can make that ADR inside now...Tyler was my biggest worry about that!

I chose the Bao Bun that is no longer on the menu that I see on Disney's web site or AllEars. I believe it was filled with chicken but I am really bad at taking pictures of menus...guess I gotta work on that!

img_4490.jpg

img_4492.jpg

It was again, really good! Mostly bun but it was really soft and with the filling it was really flavorful. I added some hot sauce at one point and that made it even better!

We were all very pleased with our food here and all of us agreed that we should try the restaurant some time. We would return here in the future...there are also a lot of other things on the menu we would like to try. It also appears that the menu changed often because the Bao Buns are no longer on it and there is an Orange Alligator on it that wasn't when we were there on the AllEars menu that claims to have been updated in July 2019 ans we were there in July 2019 so...

Anyway, we were there at 4:51pm and our order was $31.95 and worth every penny!

Last edited:
After we were done at Morimoto's we headed on...

img_4494.jpg

img_4495.jpg

I thought Homecomin' had a grab and go area but we could not find where it was...did I make that up? This is another one that I have made ADRs for and then cancelled multiple times....not because I thought we would not like it (it's chicken, what's not to like) but at first I heard great things, then some not so great ones, then we were on the dining plan and I did not know if it would be something we needed the dining plan for, then it didn't fit into our schedule, and so on and so on...

img_4496.jpg

We headed past Planet Hollywood and on.

We looked around at MAC and Sephora (ad played with the video screen that you can see what different make-up colors will look like on you...Tyler is a pretty girl...LOL!) and Vera Bradley and World of Disney and Tren-D and so on...

img_4502.jpg

img_4503.jpg

IMG_9151.jpg

IMG_9153.jpg

At about 7:45pm we decided we needed dinner. We wanted to try the Polite Pig but when we were by there it was crazy crowded (we learned the hard way that we need to do lunch right after it opens or wait in a huge line). We decided to try Earl of Sandwich. Tyler and I had been there right after it opened once but we hadn't been back since. Not because there was a problem or anything, just that it never fit into our plans. It was really a long line to order but I had heard that it moves quickly so the kids decided what they wanted I waited in line while they stalked a table. It was really humid outside so we wanted a table inside but they were all full. They found a table outside but were keeping an eye on the inside tables too. We placed our order and moved on down to the next stop to order our drinks and get our drink cups. We were given a buzzer and sent to wait for our food with everyone else. As I were walking over, there was a large table with two teen girls sitting there so we asked if we could join them. As it so happened, they were getting ready to leave so we lucked out. I flagged the kids down and they came inside. It is a pretty open shop so it was not super cool in there but it was better than outside.

img_4507.jpg

We got one large drink...there are refills and we were sitting right by the machines so this worked out great.

img_4508.jpg

We sat there a long time waiting...I finally went up to ask about our order when it looked like people who ordered before and after us were being called and our order was just getting done.

I ordered a Frose...frozen Rose Wine...now I am not usually a drinker so take my reviews with a grain of salt but it was good...nice and cold wine. Skyler ordered a Frozen Strawberry Lemonade but they gave us a Frozen Lemonade instead so when I went back to get what we ordered they gave him the right one and told us to keep the other one.

img_4509.jpg

img_4511.jpg

The lemonade went to Tyler then and he said it was very tart. He later added Sprite to it and it was better. Skyler loved the Strawberry one!

Our food came all bagged up in these cute bags!

img_4510.jpg

And wrapped in this cool foil...

img_4512.jpg

The kids decided to share a couple of things. First was the Kid's Pizza Bread.

img_4513.jpg

They both liked this pizza second best of the three things they shared. It did smell good and you could tell it was just made. It is made on the same bread that the sandwiches are made on and there was plenty of sauce, cheese, and pepperoni on there.

Next they had the order of Six Wings...and this was their #1! They both loved them. They said there was a lot of meat on those little wings and the flavor was really good...spicy but not too hot.

img_4518.jpg

And lastly they had the Kid's Grilled Cheese. They both liked this but it was their third choice of favorites. It was good but very basic. It is more like a hamburger bun that it is on and it is on the smaller side but it was a decent grilled cheese.

img_4516.jpg

We also ordered the Cannonballs...which was a special. This was Tyler's true #1 of the meal. He said it was really good. The meatballs were good and there was sauce and cheese but it was not too messy. The bread was not hard on the outside, so it did not make the balls fall off the sandwich.

img_4515.jpg

I had the

Holiday Turkey

Turkey, Cornbread Stuffing, Gravy, Cranberry Sauce and Mayonnaise

And it was super good! I had never had one but i have heard a lot about how much people loved it. I have even tried to make one with Thanksgiving leftovers but it was never something all that great. This one though, was great! No one else would try it. It is on the sweet side with the cranberry sauce and all but it was so good! I was only able to eat half of it and took the rest home with us (I ate it for breakfast the next day!).

img_4517.jpg

There is very rarely a counter service place that we all are extremely pleased with but The Earl did it! We all loved everything we had. We had a lot of food. It did not cost a fortune. And we all said we'd be willing to go back again, in fact Tyler even mentioned it the next day.

They had condiments, pop, plastic straws, and napkins out on the counter for your needs. So while it took a whole to get our food, it was worth it. I did kind of wish the sandwiches came with a side but I think I'd rather have the cheaper prices than the higher costs for food you don't necessarily need...they did have quite a few sides and desserts to choose from if you wanted them.

Our total here was $58.18...and i do believe we will be back!

Last edited:
We received our Annual Pass Magic Bands today. These ones took the longest to arrive from order time to delivery time.

IMG_9367.jpg

IMG_9365.jpg

IMG_9366.jpg

Skye is the Dory one, I am the Vanelope one, and Tyler got the Villain ones. I tried to find a different one that Tyler would like (there were many offered) but all of them I chose were not available.

Our main issue is when to use these ones! We have bands for the next trip in December already. I have not gotten ones for June yet (I figured that I have tome to wait for all of us to have ones we want available hopefully). But we love collecting them so I would never turn them down. I suppose I don't have to pay for cool ones if they don't become available and we could just get the solid color ones for June and use our AP ones. That's a thought. I guess we'll wait to see what becomes available before then!

Last edited:
We headed towards the Christmas Shoppe...

img_4519.jpg

img_4520.jpg

img_4521.jpg

img_4522.jpg

img_4524.jpg

img_4525.jpg

And then we headed over the bridge to check more out at night!

img_4528.jpg

img_4530.jpg

img_4531.jpg

img_4532.jpg

img_4533.jpg

img_4534.jpg

While we were at the opposite end of the bridge the DescanDANCE Party started and promptly all the power went out. It came right back on but it was an odd thing to have happen. We decided to head over there to check it out.

img_4536.jpg

img_4537.jpg

img_4539.jpg

It was basically a dance party of mostly plain old dance songs and little kids up front near the stage. There was a photopass backdrop and photographer on either side of the stands. A DJ spun and pepped up the audience.
img_4540.jpg

img_4541.jpg

img_4543.jpg

img_4544.jpg

There was some Baby Shark and line dancing and some Old Town Road and some Journey...and of course some Descendants songs and video eventually.

img_4546.jpg

img_4548.jpg

img_4551.jpg

img_4553.jpg

We were able to grab some seats and hung out for a while watching everything going on around us.

Last edited:
After a while we decided to head out and grab some Starbucks.

IMG_9155.jpg

We were only getting talls because we were not on the dining plan yet but I had promised Skye Starbucks everyday. They had all kinds of fun stuff at this Starbucks!

img_4554.jpg

img_4555.jpg

(and who writes out those boards??? I cannot even write in a straight line let alone that neatly in all those different fonts!)

Skyler got the Eleven's Elixer...

img_4556.jpg

img_4557.jpg

...which was Pink Drink with Blueberry Juice.

I had the Space Ranger (which is a vanilla bean frappachino creme with blueberry topping). There was also the Reach For The Sky Frappachino (which is a caramel ribbon crunch frappachino with java chips).

img_4558.jpg

img_4559.jpg

There was a really long line and a longer wait at the other end but you expect that from Starbucks. They were all good but Tyler and I liked mine the best. The other one was more coffee taste so he liked his best. Skye could have gone with hers or mine. The blueberry addition was really good in both. Unfortunately, Starbucks uses paper straws so we had to grab two for each of us because they got gross real quickly.

All in all, Starbucks is what it is but the play on the names was super cute and they are always refreshing! It was 9:55pm when we were there and our bill was $18.96.

Last edited:
We had one more stop in mind so we headed that way.

img_4560.jpg

img_4561.jpg

It's so pretty at night! We arrived at our destination and there was a small line for us and little bit larger on to get into the store!

img_4562.jpg

img_4564.jpg

Why would you go inside when you can get CUPCAKES FROM AN ATM??? I know, I know...because there are more options inside but still, it's a cupcake from an ATM!!!

So we finally got to the front of the line and made our choices.

img_4565.jpg

img_4567.jpg

img_4568.jpg

We got the Salted Caramel, Skyler got Strawberry, Tyler got a Chocolate Marshmallow, and I got Banana Dark Chocolate.

We grabbed them from the machine and headed towards the car. We were going to try them at home.

img_4569.jpg

img_4570.jpg

img_4571.jpg

img_4572.jpg

We got to the car quickly and while there was more traffic now than there was earlier, we were right down the street so it was not long before we arrived home for the night. On the way up we stopped to grab another movie but all the ones we wanted to watch were out so the kids grabbed Small Foot and we headed up.

img_4573.jpg

img_4574.jpg

We set the cupcakes out for the photo shoot and then took in our night view. We had missed all the fireworks we might have been able to see from Hollywood Studios and Epcot but it was still a really pretty view!

img_4575.jpg

img_4578.jpg

And then we dug into the cupcakes!

img_4579.jpg

You cannot really tell but there is a bit of banana in there right under the frosting! MMMM, this one was probably my fovorite...although the chocolate did not take like dark chocolate...it almost tasted more like German Chocolate frosting. It was also a banana cake, which you probably already guessed by the color.

This one was good, I mean it's a cupcake after all! But it was probably my least favorite.

img_4582.jpg

It was kind of plain and did not have an overly caramel flavor. But it was very salty...like as if you just salted your dinner salty. It was just a plain caramel cake with caramel frosting but none of it was overly caramel.

Tyler's was like a Ho-ho...and was my second favorite.

img_4584.jpg

Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting but not the fluffy kind of frosting...with marshmallow in the middle. THis one tasted more like dark chocolate than mind but it wasn't...it was just a rich chocolate cake...a nice glass of ice cold milk would have made this one perfect!

Skyler's was my third favorite.

img_4585.jpg

It was a light strawberry cake with a heavier sweet strawberry cake. It was very good...and I would choose it it's just that it wasn't as unique as Tyler's and mine.

All of them were good and I would not turn any of them down. I would like to make it into the store someday and try some other options as you are limited in choices at the ATM. But the ATM is fun. I hear we have a Sprinkles in Downtown Chicago but we don't get Downtown very often so we have not been there. We were there about 10:15pm ish ans we paid $23.44 for four cupcakes...we could have bought multiple cake mixes, cupcake papers, frosting, and decorations for that amount but these are awesome cupcakes and very fun..so we will pay it again!

So by the time we settled in and the kids started the movie in the living room/Skyler's bedroom is was about 11:30pm. Skye barely made it past the credits on the movie before she passed out and Tyler made it though mosto fit before he came to his bed ... I am old so I weas already sound asleep!

Last edited:
July 29, 2019 was going to be our sleep in day but I was up at 7:30am and the others soon followed. I noticed I was starting to get a small rash on my legs. This happened for the first time to me on our first Christmas trip a few years ago and it got really bad because we did not know what it was or what to do with it. Now I take a morning over the counter antihistamine, shower in cool water at night usually and then again in the morning, use Benedryl at night and the Benedryl creme at night along with ice packs at night too. And it has not gotten bad again since that first time.

So we started showering and watching Bohemian Rhapsody while getting ready. Our view was still cool...

img_4586.jpg

img_4587.jpg

img_4588.jpg

We kinda lost track of time because with the time change, I was not thinking it was as late as it was so we high tailed it out to lunch leaving Chichi surfing the web!

img_4589.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!