Why so many resales?

Goofy's Mum

Earning My Ears
I periodically check the entries at the Timeshare Store, and I was stunned by the number of resales available today! Does anyone have a clue as to why so many people are selling? Just curious...

Recent Resale Discussion

This same question was raised a few days ago. Above is a link to that discussion. Guesses range from the 5 year point at BWV leading to life change reasons (death, divorce, etc.) to the effect of the economy on some people causing them to sell.

One thought!

Many resales we first purchased within the first 5 years of DVC. That means they purchased points from $50-60 per point. At $75/pp through Disney, selling them through The Timeshare Store at $61-70 pp, is a money maker. Also, remember, it takes about 5 years to get back your initial investment. So, some people may feel that got there deal and now what to sell.

With over 50,000 members, I do not think resales are flourishing because of non-participation or lack of quality and value. I just came back from the cruise and spoke to many DVCM and they love it as much as my DH and I do.

I'm glad they're selling, 'cause I'm buying...........;)

without a doubt I would say because of the economy!

I work in the staffing industry, (manager of a temp staffing agency), it is really scary what is going on. There are so many layoffs, and companies closing down, and hiring freezes! It's incredible!!!

I don' t think it has anything to do with people wanting out of dvc, but the fact that theses people who are selling are in financial crisis!!!

Laura

The money will pay for a lot of the upgrades of the house that we would not otherwise be able to afford. We plan on continuing to visit the World, and maybe even buy again, but right now, we needed the money to build our dream home.

Thanks to all for your insights. I had suspected that the economy was playing a role, but I just wanted to see if that was the general concensus.

Dew - best of luck in your new home! May you have many wonderful magic moments!!

Hugs!;)

It doesn't appear that there is a glut of resales on the market. If there are over 50,000 members and less than 100 resales available if my math is correct that is not even 1%. I am not sure the numbers have increased becaues we don't know how many people were on a waiting list to buy throught the various resale markets. I think prior to the increase by Disney many resales did not even hit the board. It would be interesting to have an opinion of one of the real estate agents. I agree with those reasons cited above everyone will have purpose for placing their contract for sale. For those of us staying with Disney, enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter