Wi fi package on Royal

sdjen

DIS Veteran
Sailing the Mariner of the Seas in November for a work conference. Since it's for work I won't be bringing my daughter.

I was wondering if the wifi on board to purchase would work for facetiming her for a few minutes every night. Or it is not good enough for streaming?

Thanks for any advice.

Its probably not good enough for FaceTime. It can vary widely depending on time of day and ship location.

It appears to vary greatly from ship to ship, but I saw someone recently on Mariner's sister ship Explorer was showing 1.44 Mbps down and 1.26 Mbps up and he was able to stream. You might be limited to lower quality than on land, and might have to make do with voice-only at times (there is a limited bandwidth for the entire ship and there may be busy times where everyone is trying to get online) but you should have no trouble staying in touch.

Enjoy your cruise!

I know I have been able to FaceTime on Liberty, Indy, Freedom, Anthem, Oasis and Allure. Sorry but I do not have an answer specific about Mariner, but the new RCL WIFI is really good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter