Wifi at VWL

lucyem

DIS Veteran
Wifi has been awful this week. 2 iPhones and 2 iPads. One ipad won't connect at all, the other three maybe hook up for 1-2 minutes and then are lost. Kind of a pain when dealing w scheduling Fps but then again that's been a fiasco in itself. Asked some other guests and they said it was intermittent for them.

Who is the best person to speak to?

Thanks!

I sent an email to both. I received a message on our phone from the "back room" at the front desk. Basically a message saying dvc called them and that i should call them so they could fix our issue. I went to the front desk and was told no one there called me and to call tech support and of course i am the only one complaining. I just said that we got wifi at art of animation, the poly, and at every hotel we stopped at between new england and florida. And that perhaps their system is not big enough to handle the use load needed especially with the new disney experience. I did get the ipad that was not connecting on at 5 am. It hung on for about 20 minutes and then it started having issues. Phones are managing to stay connected to the wifi for about 5-10 minutes at a time during the day. Perhaps less people here now or maybe they rebooted the system. :confused3.

A large family can have 3 or 4 connections active at the same time and people don't think twice about streaming video and the resources required to make it happen.

IMO Disney didn't consider this when they signed the contract getting rid of the hard wired connections and installing the resort WiFi. My understanding is that the resort contract has several years to go.

The Park, common areas, DTD, and backstage WiFi was contracted to AT&T last year.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter