Wilderness Lodge concierge

#1MMFan

Space Mountain Maniac
All being well, I'm going to be at WL from 20th March to 30th March 2003.

We have booked a woods view room at an AP rate through Dreams Unlimited. This is our third trip to WL in particular and the entire trip is a birthday gift for my mum.

I keep hearing about these upgrade offers upon check-in. My current rate is $214 per night, and I've heard about a $40 per night upgrade to concierge. What I'm wondering is whether I'd be able to check whether I could get this rate prior to check-in and then organise the upgrade without my mum knowing (perhaps without even my sister knowing!) so that when we did check-in we were seemingly upgraded without being asked outright.

However, that being said, the main priority for this trip would be to try to get my mum a view of MK as we did on our first trip. Although we liked the room the second trip very much and the view of the VWL were nice, mum has hinted that she loved the MK view. Our first trip we stayed in room 4034 which did have a view of the fireworks... imagine, we walked into our room on our first trip and saw the fireworks exploding through the french windows onto the balcony... it really happened! (and yes, we were very late checking in!)

What I'd thought of doing was to send a letter to the Wilderness Lodge Cast either (a) faxed, in which case it would have to be black and white and fairly brief but I could have put a poem about the lodge or something on it or (b) we could send a snail mail letter with a picture of our first trip, or the area we're from, or something else similarly with a poem and explaining the above.

I'm not looking for a free upgrade, but couldn't afford to pay a normal concierge rate.

Do you think I've lost it completely? :eek:

Anyone have experience / recommendations? Any CM's there?

Thanks in advance for your much appreciated advice!

#1MMFan :bounce:

Is there anyway that you could check in without her being right next to you? Like, let her wonder around the lobby. Maybe say that you will call her over if/when you need her? When we had our family reunion at the Dolphin, there were 14 of us checking in. I went first and set up everyones room, then they just had to come up, one room at a time, and get their room keys. (there was no way I could remember who was in each room if I left the desk) I don't know how much luck you will have setting up an upgrade in advance. It would be worth a try, but I think it would depend on when you check in and what rooms are available.

Yes, that might work, thanks idon'tknow. The only thing is the uncertainty of it. I suppose the only way to guarantee it is to pay the full price - which defeats the point of the annual pass.

We have booked a Fireworks cruise for the three of us, and I want a few other special details that she doesn't know about (she doesn't know about the cruise) - she just thinks she's going to the World! ;)

Any other suggestions?

#1MMFan :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter