Wilderness Lodge Sleigh Ride

wdw_nutz

Mouseketeer
Hello,

Please can someone tell me how and when I can book the sleigh ride, if it is still available, please? I will be visiting from Nov 30th - Dec 15th and would love this experience!

Thank you so much x

Hello,

Please can someone tell me how and when I can book the sleigh ride, if it is still available, please? I will be visiting from Nov 30th - Dec 15th and would love this experience!

Thank you so much x

Wilderness Lodge does not offer sleigh rides. However, Ft. Wilderness does.

You’ll board your “sleigh” for a 25-minute ride at the main entrance of Crockett's Tavern at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Sleighs fit up to 4 adults (or 2 adults and 3 small children).

Each horse-drawn holiday sleigh ride costs $79. Reservations are highly recommended and can be made up to 180 days in advance by calling (407) WDW-PLAY, or (407) 939-7529. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent of guardian permission to call.

Thank you, dansdad. Do you happen to know the operating hours for the sleigh rides? Thanks! x

I just booked one a few days ago. Not sure on the hours but we booked ours for 9pm. I did notice this year they charged the full amount at the time of booking. In years past, they wouldn't charge until the day of.

Is there more than one sleigh running at a time? We have a group of 5 adults. The boys are very tall/super slim but we can't fit per Disney's limit of 4 adults. Can we book two sleigh rides to go simultaneously? We are looking to book prior to Hoop de Doo for our Christmas trip.

Is there more than one sleigh running at a time? We have a group of 5 adults. The boys are very tall/super slim but we can't fit per Disney's limit of 4 adults. Can we book two sleigh rides to go simultaneously? We are looking to book prior to Hoop de Doo for our Christmas trip.
Not sure about that? I've only noticed the one "sleigh" waiting when we've arrived.

I have done this the past few years and they do have more than one sleigh. They have several - I have seen 3 at one time. It is a great time. The drivers tell you so many things during the tour. This year I have reserved 2 sleighs at the same time in December - and we did have to pay up front this year. It is refundable if you cancel a day out!!!

I have done this the past few years and they do have more than one sleigh. They have several - I have seen 3 at one time. It is a great time. The drivers tell you so many things during the tour. This year I have reserved 2 sleighs at the same time in December - and we did have to pay up front this year. It is refundable if you cancel a day out!!!
Great! Thanks!!

We have only gone after dark. They take you through the trails to visit the different camper RV's. Appears this is a ritual to the folks who stay at Fort Wilderness. The tour is of various decorated for the holiday campers(rv's). Some are so spectacular you can't believe your eyes. This tour is made magical by the various people who pay to stay at Ft. Wilderness year after year and decorate their area to the 9's. Blow ups = lights - special mickey lamp posts that they make themselves - they even decorate their golf carts. Without the regulars (who the driver said most have been doing this for years and years - you can't even get a reservation at the campsite during this time if you wanted to) - there would not be much of a tour. Yes - the horses are grand themselves and the guides tell you all about their care and also make the ride very interesting. Since we go to see the "campers" lit up - it makes more sense for us to go when it is dark. This year we decided to do the Hoop de Doo and the sleigh ride....a lot of happiness packed into one night! For the past two years they have also given out limited edition pins. One per sleigh!

Reactions: DJ!
I booked this today. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was available still for our arrival day. The full price charged is actually $84. It's almost twice the price as when I have done the regular carriage ride in the past. For this price, are we still expected to tip the coach driver?

I booked this today. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was available still for our arrival day. The full price charged is actually $84. It's almost twice the price as when I have done the regular carriage ride in the past. For this price, are we still expected to tip the coach driver?

Yes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!