Wilderness Lodge vs. SSR....Feb. 2008

dbprimeaux

DIS Veteran
I have a question....
If you had to chance to visit WDW in Feb. 2008 and your choices were Wilderness Lodge Villas or SSR - what would you chose? Just curious....

:surfweb:

VWL. No contest! I've stayed at SSR twice but the quiet atmosphere at VWL will always be my favorite!:)

Hmm, depends on the weather for me.

If it is early February and cold, I'd pick VWL. It has the coziest places to just sit inside and stare at the fireplace.

If it is late February and/or you get a hot early Spring spell, I'd pick SSR. That resort has the best walking paths and better pool.

No contest for me either, VWL

We've just got back and stayed at both resorts, VWL had the best atmosphere.

SSR is a wonderful place, and a great stay for those warm spring days. But that time of year, VWL hands down for me. Having a warm fire to retreat too after a possible cool day in a park, no place at WDW like WL for that.

I'm glad you posted because I'm holding VWL ressies for Jan/Feb but I'm waitlisted for our "regular" resorts...BCV,BWV. I hear great things about VWL in the winter...I'm thinking later today I'll remove the waitlists...it's time to see what all the hoopla is about at the Wilderness Lodge. :3dglasses

I am going to go against the grain and say SSR. We were at VWL last January and the combination of early park closures in the evening, weather too cold to swim, and a quiet resort w/no evening activities/recreation was a disappointment. I was bored! I'm not the type to want to sit in front of the fire at night when I am in Florida! I'm ready to party! :cheer2:

I'd pick SSR because I could spend every evening after the parks shut down at DTD.

I have stayed at both resorts...
No contest for me either, The Villas at Wilderness Lodge.

VWL, moose paws down.

Gotta' agree with this! :thumbsup2

clappinggh9.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter