Wilderness Lodge

disneyanney

<font color=royalblue>"Happiness can be found, eve
We just booked one night at VWL following a cruise. We wanted another resort, but everywhere cheaper is booked, and my mom isn't extremely thrilled. We won't be going into the park. Can someone enlighten me about the perks of WL?

Oh my gosh that resort is my home away from home!

There's a geyser, which goes off every hour, and the pool is pretty nice. I think their might be a beach, since it's next to water, but we haven't used it.

There's this restaurant called the Whispering Canyon Cafe, and that's pretty much the best part. It's veey interactive. The servers make jokes and make fun of people, and if you ask for ketchup they'll bring like five different bottles from other tables, and it didn't happen to us but one time at another table I guess someone took something off someone else's plate and the server caught him so there was this thing with bars and the kid was "in jail". And sometimes they get out some pony sticks, you know, the sticks with the horse heads on top, and they get the little kids to rude around the restaurant. When I was maybe 9 since it was my dad's birthday me my 10 year old bro and I and my dad rode around the restaurant. The food of course is very good too, they serve breakfast lunch and dinner. It's just a great place and one of my favorite restaurants.

The counter service is Roaring Forks, which also serves all three meals, and while it's counter service the food is consistently good.

There's a fancier restaurant called Artist Point but I've never eaten there.

The resort is just beautiful, inside and out. Lots of good picture opportunities.

Of course there is the boat to the Magic Kingdom, but you aren't going to the parks. I think you can get a boat or canoes or something and go out on the water if that is something your family is in to.

If you have a window looking out towards the parks, which I think would be pool view or water view or courtyard voew or something like that, a lot of times you can see the fireworks.

I never stayed at the villas, but we went into the villa lobby once and it was nice. The regular rooms are pretty nice. Some rooms have bunk beds if your family is the type that would like that.

If you have any specific questions ask, but I think I covered everything.

Anyway, Perry signing off before I get caught.

Wilderness Lodge is AMAZING :love:
Do not be worried, it is one of the best resorts.

Wilderness Lodge is awesome. It has such a cozy warm atmosphere. The inside is beautiful. Whispering Canyon is a restaurant there the food is really good

I didn't like Wilderness Lodge for a VERY long time. But I visited it for a brief time and it's very pretty, very cool. The theming is very rustic and chic, it's so gorgeous and fun to walk around. Personally, I would book a dinner at Hoop De Doo Revue. It's very fun and all you care to enjoy and a great experience. Then afterwards, visit Chip and Dale's campfire cook out and roast marshmallows and then catch the movie under the stars! There's definitely a lot to do :-)

All your have made us feel a lot better about this. Thanks so much!

I love VWL! It's our family's favotite as of the momment. (it may change to VGF in my November trip but that's beside the point.)

Well of course there's everything Perry said. At the front desk, you can get a Hidden Mickey scavenger hunt and if you find them all, you get a prize which I'm not telling you because you have to do the scavenger hunt to find out.

You can also walk to Fort Wilderness and participate in the campfire. I haven't done this, but it sounds fun.

Have fun! :goodvibes

I love WL!

It's so private and quiet, yet you can take the boat to MK. They also just refurbished their pool area, which is nice. Whispering Canyon is great. Also, at night, don't forget the Electric Water Pageant!

I can see why your mom might not be thrilled about staying at Wilderness Lodge because not everyone appreciates the outdoorsy theming, but oh my gosh.. the Wilderness Lodge is one of my favorite places to be in the world!! :yay: First of all, many people love WL for its lobby. When you walk in there, I can almost guarantee that your jaw will drop. WL definitely has the best themed lobbies. Plus, one of my favorite restaurants is there: Whispering Canyon Cafe. Everyone is so boisterous there and it really is a fun place to eat. Next, the pool is absolutely amazing! All the geysers and fountains make the landscaping of WL really beautiful. What I like the most there is the resort itself. At WL, you feel so at home. It is all centrally located in one building, so there's no hassle, just relaxation. Even if you don't like to relax and would rather go to the parks or other resorts, there's direct boats to both Fort Wilderness and Magic Kingdom. Trust me, there's no way you can't fall in love with this resort. I love everything about it- it's my absolute favorite place to be in Disney!:)

The Wilderness Lodge is my favorite of the WDW Resorts. The pool is just out of this world and just the surroundings of the resort is just so awesome.

I love Wilderness Lodge, it's probably my favorite Disney resort. The atmosphere is really awesome and the restaurants and pool are pretty great as well. The resort is really quiet and relaxing but still has a good location that is close to Magic Kingdom. I honestly really love how everything is centrally located in one building and the theme is perfect. :earboy2:

I love Wilderness Lodge, it's probably my favorite Disney resort. The atmosphere is really awesome and the restaurants and pool are pretty great as well. The resort is really quiet and relaxing but still has a good location that is close to Magic Kingdom. I honestly really love how everything is centrally located in one building and the theme is perfect. :earboy2:
My family was supposed to stay at WL on our trip in August for the first time but my dad got some big promotion and now we're staying at Contemporary theme park view!!! I still wanna see WL. I was looking forward to the pool there and some relaxing (just like you said). I guess maybe next time...but we couldn't pass this up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!