Will a 20 ft by 20 ft tent fit?

MrsRideGuru

Earning My Ears
My mom is looking to buy a new tent for our upcoming trip and found an awesome 20ft by 20ft base camp style tent. I was wondering if we could get it to fit on the tent/pop-up site? Or are the sites really only 10ft wide?

I have a 16ft by 16ft L-shaped tent already. Will I be able to get mine to fit?

It's hard to tell based on the description online "Accommodates equipment on a concrete pad up to 10 feet by 25 feet" nothing about the sandy pad.

P.S. We have 2 sites booked so these tents wouldn't be on the same site.

I don't believe even on the tent sites that there is a standard size coquina pad. I know that others recommend calling the Fort and have the tent size noted on the reservation, so they can try and put one on a larger site if they have a larger tent.

How big a hammer do you need to get tent stakes in to a concrete pad ??

20ft by 20ft base camp style tent. I was wondering if we could get it to fit on the tent/pop-up site?

We have a 19 x 17 tent and can fit on the tent sites at the Fort. At the most one side, or both, depends on how you want to set it up may hang over into the grass and not be on the actual pad. I will say that the sites in the 2000 loop are larger than that of the 1500 loop, both tent loops. As PAHunter said, call and have the tent sizes noted on your reservation.

How big a hammer do you need to get tent stakes in to a concrete pad ??

:bounce:I know, I know, pick me.

OK thank you so much! I was starting to have a minor panic attack. I'll be calling them tomorrow to note my tent size.

Yes, the tent sites have varying sizes of their coquina/tent pads.

The driveways in those sites are 12 feet wide and the coquina typically extends about an extra foot on either side. Some have extra space side to side - but some don't. So anything wider than 14 feet can be suspect. The variable is the length of the tent pad. Some are nearly 50 feet long (1512) and some are not very deep at all - maybe 16 feet (1501).

So yes, as snowmedic said, have the tent size noted on your reservation. I would advise that for anyone with a tent dimension bigger than 12 feet. That way they will see your dimensions and make sure you get a site that you can fit on.

Bama Ed

I am having a hard time grasping a tent (non-military anyway) that is that large. 20x20 is huge (in the scheme of tents anyway).

Enjoy your trip.

Does that price include a crew to come set it up ??? Thinking it is not a single person job.
Thinking it's not a job for a "Pair" either. :)

Although I do have a 12x20 Sun Mart Deluxe Screen House (actually have 2 of them)

sunMart.jpg

We bought them from Sears about 13 years ago. We have only used them about twice but friends have used them many times. This is certainly a 2 man (or more) job. After about the 8th time setting it up, we have it down to a science (My neighbor used it a lot so I helped him setup/tear down).

It's funny since Amazon has them for $220. When we bought ours it was $150 (or so) but they were on sale at 50% off. So we bought 2 (Why not... BOGO. We were going to spend the money anyway).

Although we don't use it (personally) a lot, it sure is nice to have when we do use it.

You guys crack me up!

This is the tent she is thinking about:
f09cb3cf-c2a5-4eeb-b31e-53e2b1a0aaec_1.2db5a5e042cb3cb84ac9798057a14b8a.jpeg

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Tr...bin-Tent/46271753?variantFieldId=actual_color

It's a pretty cool looking tent and if I didn't have the one I do have I would buy this one.

That is an awesome tent! I have seen the 3 room versions that I think are pretty brilliant. We just got a 10x14 instant tent given to us and even it seems small when you put 3 kids, an infant and two adults in it to sleep.
I am glad for our popup but sometimes we end up in places that are tent only so bigger is better ;)

That is an awesome tent! I have seen the 3 room versions that I think are pretty brilliant. We just got a 10x14 instant tent given to us and even it seems small when you put 3 kids, an infant and two adults in it to sleep.
I am glad for our popup but sometimes we end up in places that are tent only so bigger is better ;)

I have a 3 room now but I don't like the layout of it. To get to the 3rd room you have to go through one of the other rooms first. And the rooms seem small because the dividers are permanently sewn in at the floor. (I hope that makes sense, haven't finished my coffee yet.:coffee:)

I have a 3 room now but I don't like the layout of it. To get to the 3rd room you have to go through one of the other rooms first. And the rooms seem small because the dividers are permanently sewn in at the floor. (I hope that makes sense, haven't finished my coffee yet.:coffee:)

Yup- total sense!
I wondered about that when we were looking at the 3 room ones.. Does the big on you are using have a door on each room? That is pretty cool if it does.

I am still trying to talk my hubby into tent camping because he does not want to pull our Popup all the way there.

Yup- total sense!
I wondered about that when we were looking at the 3 room ones.. Does the big on you are using have a door on each room? That is pretty cool if it does.

I am still trying to talk my hubby into tent camping because he does not want to pull our Popup all the way there.

My current 3-room is an L-shaped one, so 2 of the rooms have doors outside and then they have doors leading into the 3rd room. This is the one I have: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-16-x-16-Instant-Cabin-Tent-Sleeps-12/34109034

It's not a bad one. We like the "ground vents" (we are planning on putting an A/C unit in one of them during our trip) and the "porch". But the layout is odd. My stepson is the one who originally bought it. He was upset when I showed him the 20x20 one because it was cheaper and a better design. When my stepson bought ours it was $300+, they have substantially lowered the price of it.

But the big 20ftx20ft one does have a door for each room which is a HUGE plus IMO.

That L room shaped one is the one I have been looking at.
But now you have shown the 20x20 and I love it more!

RIGHT?! So do I but we don't need another tent and DH would have a heart attack if I came home with it LoL. But it would be totally worth it for us since we have so many people in our family

LOL! We have a popup so I really should not even look at tents either

RIGHT?! So do I but we don't need another tent and DH would have a heart attack if I came home with it LoL. But it would be totally worth it for us since we have so many people in our family

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!